I Saw The Devil (Blu-ray SteelBook) (WEA) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
WEA (World Exclusive Art), limited to 2000 copies.

Price: £17.99
Pre-order HERE
Sold out
Group Buy: Naughtius Maximus

Official artwork-final & update 4/16/2014

ISTDfinal.jpg

Inside/back art:
ISTDfinal-front.jpg

ISTDfinal-back.jpg

ISTDfinal-inside.jpg

isawdevil.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 308
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still on the fence. I really want it but it's that artwork that hurts me. Certain things can make this artwork look good and mentioned before by others and that is spot gloss on te blood and a think black coat (if matte). I think I'll order and wait for more details to come out. £17.99 is harsh tho.

Reactions: lolwut and neoz
surprisingly i havent seen this one, but i totally get some of the excitement 4 the film.

what i dont get, is how after Aviator & Stargate y'all can be so excited for:

1) an overpriced steelbook being sold @ £18 when its actually worth £10 (at best)
2) poor artwork
3) basic matte finishing, possibly not even embossed or debossed
4) zero indication on the finished product regarding its "ultra limited" run, making the extra paid virtually worthless.

:movie:

Saber, I won't comment on the film, or whether people should want to add this to their collections or not (obviously a personal choice), but the 'cost' of production is affected by the lesser qty produced, and the finish choices (which can also be ultimately chosen by the studio and designer).

It is doubtful whether a premium package (vs. Amaray) at a limited qty could ever be sold at 10 GBP. What their margin is on the items, is for them to work through, and we don't and can't affect that. But these WEA's are not easy to come by in a climate where studios are looking to sell as many copies of media as they can. So whether Zavvi, or any other retailer, these specialty runs hopefully provide a 'pause' from the mass production that happens for regular media.

For those fans of the film, or the effort to release a bit more 'limited' items (especially after a much larger slate with bigger qty's), these titles offer an alternative.

Good luck to those placing orders later today:D

Last edited:
Yeah I agree.. With the Aviator and Stargate, we know it probably will not be a super high gloss and fantastic steelbook.. but it is a collector edition in steelbook format of one of my favorite asian movie of all time, so I cannot pass on this one.
However, nothing to do with the ultra limited print run, it would be a 10000 print run I would have pre ordered it the same. I won't however pre order This is England cause I have zero interest in having a steelbook of this movie

I keep going back and fourth if I want this. Actually just canceled a number of my orders when I realized (after conversion rate) I had over $500 worth of SteelBooks pre-ordered :/

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Reactions: AnubisNefer
Saber, I won't comment on the film, or whether people should want to add this to their collections or not (obviously a personal choice), but the 'cost' of production is affected by the lesser qty produced, and the finish choices (which can also be ultimately chosen by the studio and designer).

It is doubtful whether a premium package (vs. Amaray) at a limited qty could ever be sold at 10 GBP. What their margin is on the items, is for them to work through, and we don't and can't affect that. But these WEA's are not easy to come by in a climate where studios are looking to sell as many copies of media as they can. So whether Zavvi, or any other retailer, these specialty runs hopefully provide a 'pause' from the mass production that happens for regular media.

For those fans of the film, or the effort to release a bit more 'limited' items (especially after a much larger slate with bigger qty's), these titles offer an alternative.

Good luck to those placing orders later today:D

^^ at the very least zavvi cld put a sticker on these like Entertainment Store do.

But I guess its upto the overall collector community in the end, and what standards they have (if any) when buying these steels from zavvi.

At least i personally can still look forword to zavvi's V for Vendetta (limited + gloss + embossed :scat: :thumbs: )

Reactions: digitalbabe
My Opinion...

This week I cancelled a whole load of preorder steelbooks on Amazon.
Reason...I can't afford all of them!!! Simple, steelbooks Vs eating & drinking & paying rent.

I made a decision to cut down the spend and hopefully pick up the 4000 plus print runs later when they get a good price drop.

Zavvi are very clever!!! They release ultra limited print runs of 2000...they know they will sell out (whatever the title)!!! So we panic and buy.

If I don't buy when the chance comes, I will miss out. Then if I decide later I want it I have to pay a premium or suffer disappointment, like this last weeks small return supply on Zavvi.

Then to add to this you have the Kimchi steels...for the big spenders and slip collectors, beginning to be CRAZY!!!!

I will buy all ultra limited 2000 print runs, because then it gives me time to reconsider later if I can afford etc, I CAN ALWAYS CANCEL.

VERY CLEVER ZAVVI...we are all hooked in...:movie: