9oKND.jpg

bn3cd.jpg

siwEg.jpg

Attachments

• 1000342735.JPG
    1000342735.JPG
    4.3 KB · Views: 326
Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, I have the order kind of on hold and I need to make revisions. My wife was looking at it and said "why's the front wrong? That looks stupid, doesn't even look like a Warner premier anymore, I vote no". I think she's on to something.

Haha, I have the order kind of on hold and I need to make revisions. My wife was looking at it and said "why's the front wrong? That looks stupid, doesn't even look like a Warner premier anymore, I vote no". I think she's on to something.

If you were going for the whole "its part of a set" thing well this sadly is not anymore IMO. But as a stand alone steel I still dont think its that bad. It has really nice inside art and the characters are large enough on this cover art that there actually clearly visible and it has unique back art (although recycled from the cover art from the JP steel) in comparison to all the other Inception steelbooks that had the same artwork over and over.

I would only get this steel if your buying it with the mindset as "a stand alone" steel. I would not get it if your buying it as part of "a set of steels".

Reactions: Colombianlove41
Going to stick with my amazon.de preorder for this one.
Waited to see what this would look like in the flesh and Im glad I did.
I can't stand it.
But then again we all know what opinions are like :)

Do not you think it distorts the collection? (They are all white except one)

yes it distorts the collection, dont know why they changed the colour from white to this, my guess is it was a mistake and not done intentionally

yes it distorts the collection, dont know why they changed the colour from white to this, my guess is it was a mistake and not done intentionally

As someone else said I'd say it was more on someone not signing of on artwork in time and them going back to this version.

Really disappointed as I loved the white one.

As someone else said I'd say it was more on someone not signing of on artwork in time and them going back to this version.

Really disappointed as I loved the white one.

i dont think so as it's the same art work, just the background faded out, look at the cock-up that was made with iron man 1 and 2's inside art, mistakes do happen, maybe wreck can shine some light on what happened with the cover art on this (if he hasn't already)

Inception.jpg

The background is still faded, just not to the same extent. I'm guessing it was an artistic decision rather than a mistake, and I think the released version released actually looks better. I'm not a big fan of OTT Photoshopping jobs anyway.

The version that came out as part of the Japanese wave with Batman Begins and Dark Knight didn't have a white cover either, though I think this one looks better.

Reactions: gaeljet
I also like the new cover more, I know it doesn't match fully with the rest of the wave but at least the spine is still white so when you have them lined up it will look fine.

Reactions: gaeljet
Yes, I think the UK one looks nicer. As a catalogue title it's disgracefully expensive at £22 though. I'd be much more tempted at half that.