Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release Date: 22 Aug, 2012

Buy Link

Special note: comes with a clear slipcase and a booklet

Amazon JP pictures:
81TcV-yt9aL__AA1500_.jpg

91Io4EooSL__AA1500_.jpg

Member pictures courtesy of chipvideo - [WARNING - Peruse at your own risk :hilarious:]

Last edited by a moderator:
I cancelled my order for the UK version because I liked the Best Buy Digi enough, but this release looks too good to pass on.

Bundle Up & Save compadres. There's some cool blu-rays available on Amazon Japan.

You've got to love how they stamp Y6,000 on the front as if they're proud of how expensive their items are. Or maybe everyone is loaded in Japan and Y6,000 is nothing to them.

You've got to love how they stamp Y6,000 on the front as if they're proud of how expensive their items are. Or maybe everyone is loaded in Japan and Y6,000 is nothing to them.

hayemaker - they stamp the list price on the front not because they are proud of how expensive these collectible items are, but because they want the list price to be easily and clearly visible to the buying public. And collectible items like steelbooks are considered high-price items in the same category (not the same price range obviously) as Coach hand bags or Cartier watches in Japan.

My suspicion is that these Amazon exclusive steelbooks are mostly purchased by folks outside Japan with huge disposable income. But since these are Amazon JP exclusives, there is a slight chance the price might come down especially when the same steelbook starts appearing in other countries.

Y6,000 is a lot of money. It is about 30~50% of per day income of salaryman. Estimated average household income is 350,000 JPY per month. The prices are a rip off but they target the collectors as usual who will pay any amount to get these.

I have lived there for 5 years (2003-2008) and have a fair knowledge of the pricing trend + a little bit of Japanese language too ;)

Really wish I hasn't seen this thread. Had no intention of getting this, but now I may just have to!

Same here buddy ... This site is causing my spending habits to spiral outta control .. bank balance , overdrafts , CC .. they all really hate me at present and the Wife well that's just another story to be told lol ..

Man this is NOT gonna be cheap, it works out to be about £82 delivered to the UK with the dreaded custom fees. Really takes the piss.

Come on mate, you can do it. Just spend a slice of the millions you earn.:hilarious:

Are you getting this!? Millions? I think I spent most of the millions on you :hilarious:

Edit

Still looking what to order with Jaws to make up for the shipping costs.

Last edited:
Man this is NOT gonna be cheap, it works out to be about £82 delivered to the UK with the dreaded custom fees. Really takes the piss.

maybe it would be cheaper to have it sent to a U.S. member and have them send it gift with a low declared value?

maybe it would be cheaper to have it sent to a U.S. member and have them send it gift with a low declared value?

In that case we need to work out the costs of JP ----------> USA---------->UK

Anyone know the costs of shipping one steel to keep it simple?