Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release Date: 22 Aug, 2012

Buy Link

Special note: comes with a clear slipcase and a booklet

Amazon JP pictures:
81TcV-yt9aL__AA1500_.jpg

91Io4EooSL__AA1500_.jpg

Member pictures courtesy of chipvideo - [WARNING - Peruse at your own risk :hilarious:]

Last edited by a moderator:
im all for exclusivity but i dont think that the shipping cost, 1 copy per order policy and the expensive release prices has no effect on the rarity of the steelbook. For the money you spend on a newly released amazon jp steelbook + shipping you can get a rare item that has been OOP for years.

I think you're making my case for me, the only difference is that you don't think it has any effect on the rarity of the item.

If people can't afford to buy or they can but would rather buy something that has been OOP & OOS for years. That expensive new steelbook doesn't get bought as much by international collectors and more copies end up staying in Japan. So in a year or two when it's long OOP & OOS, those same collectors will be looking for the best version available, and there will be fewer copies available to them.

So, the 1 per order limit and high shipping costs have in fact deterred people away from buying it, making it a rarer & more exclusive commodity among collectors.

I own a few JP Steels myself. Not every release from there is "upgraded" in some way. I just got Fast and Furious and there is nothing extraordinary about it vs the other releases. This Jaws Steel is nicer than the other releases if the extras float your boat .... or the bigger boat ;). So if you're a hardcore fan of the film or feel you have to have all JP Steels or at least the ones that have something extra , this one may be for you. Just be careful you're not buying the same Steel of other titles at 2 and 3 times the cost while living on dry lettuce, lol.

::: Digitalbabe :::

So now you have given away my secret to acquiring these Japanese steels - dry lettuce on rice with 5 spots of soy sauce is all I eat. Can a man be vegan and still collect steelbooks? :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

I kid obviously but your point is well made - whatever floats your type of boat as long as it stays afloat :D

Ive been waiting for something SPECIAL to come along in this TITLE.
1st time ordered from AMAZON .JP
site would only allow me to purchase 1 copy...:ohno:POSTAGE WAS NEARLY HALF THE COST OF THE STEEL...:(
"OUCH"

Ive been waiting for something SPECIAL to come along in this TITLE.
1st time ordered from AMAZON .JP
site would only allow me to purchase 1 copy...:ohno:POSTAGE WAS NEARLY HALF THE COST OF THE STEEL...:(
"OUCH"

did you order it with any thing else? If not, I would add gift wrapping or if you can't, cancel the order and reorder having it gift wrapped.

Amazon JP's single steel shipping method sucks. They send it in a thin cardboard/heavy paper packet with no padding or protection. I had my last steel gift wrapped and they sent it in a box.

Reactions: BURRAGUM
did you order it with any thing else? If not, I would add gift wrapping or if you can't, cancel the order and reorder having it gift wrapped.

Amazon JP's single steel shipping method sucks. They send it in a thin cardboard/heavy paper packet with no padding or protection. I had my last steel gift wrapped and they sent it in a box.

I hate it when they decide to split the order up and ship out one item in a envelope. Today I opened up a envelope with Dragon Tattoo and it was smashed. :angry:

"WOW" Thanka buddy for the heads up on that one.:scat:
I could only order the 1 copy and no i didn't get it gift w*****..Will take your advise and rectify this problem asap.
Thanks again blu....:oohyeah:

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

I hate it when they decide to split the order up and ship out one item in a envelope. Today I opened up a envelope with Dragon Tattoo and it was smashed. :angry:

Hi mate(how's the fishing going)
THAT REALLY SUCKS(dont these companies know how fragile these things are and how rough the mailman is.EEK!
What are they like with returns,(do they cover your postage back)

how i wish they would split my shipment up so that i can get certain titles earlier.
i never had any problem with them shipping one steel to me. :)

"WOW" Thanka buddy for the heads up on that one.:scat:
I could only order the 1 copy and no i didn't get it gift w*****..Will take your advise and rectify this problem asap.
Thanks again blu....:oohyeah:

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

Hi mate(how's the fishing going)
THAT REALLY SUCKS(dont these companies know how fragile these things are and how rough the mailman is.EEK!
What are they like with returns,(do they cover your postage back)

They offer to credit you for the shipping.

If only the title was debossed/embossed this would have been even more awesome than what it is, having said that mine is shipped today :D

Whats wrong with you ninjas? Get a movin. Bring this baby down!!!

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

I expected it to be gone by the end of the weekend.

I bet it will mysteriously come back in stock again, just like Girl with Tattoo....

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Whats wrong with you ninjas? Get a movin. Bring this baby down!!!

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

I expected it to be gone by the end of the weekend.

Still Sunday to go Chip, anything can happen tomorrow!

I bet it will mysteriously come back in stock again, just like Girl with Tattoo....

All depends on what the damage rate is. I just got a replacement sent out to me today. I had one package yesterday that had 6 dented steels in it.

For the week I have had a total of about 20 dented jp steels. 1 of them being a GWTDT. Almost cried when I saw it. LOL.

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Still Sunday to go Chip, anything can happen tomorrow!

Thats true. I expect it to go OOS by end of day tomorrow as the last couple dozen always go fast when people find out its almost gone forever.

I feel like putting in an order, but the bank account says something else!!!

You buy 15 steels from amazon.jp and bamn!!!! You just laid down a grand.

Last edited: