Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release Date: 22 Aug, 2012

Buy Link

Special note: comes with a clear slipcase and a booklet

Amazon JP pictures:
81TcV-yt9aL__AA1500_.jpg

91Io4EooSL__AA1500_.jpg

Member pictures courtesy of chipvideo - [WARNING - Peruse at your own risk :hilarious:]

Last edited by a moderator:
In that case we need to work out the costs of JP ----------> USA---------->UK

Anyone know the costs of shipping one steel to keep it simple?

It's about $27 to ship 1 steelbook to the U.S. from Japan. And than about $10 to ship from the U.S. to U.K.

It's about $27 to ship 1 steelbook to the U.S. from Japan. And than about $10 to ship from the U.S. to U.K.

Thanks blum, works out to be $20 we will save approximately which will benefit one steel. I think I'm gonna order a few and it makes up for express shipping and only extra £2.50 per steel.

PM sent buddy

Pm answered :)

Just curious, how much customs tax do you need to pay?

For orders less than £135 the Custom Duty is free.

Basically there is 3 things you need to pay:
- VAT
- Custom Duty
- Shipping Courier fee

VAT is 20% of the total which includes the shipping fees for Amazon.jp :(

Custom Duty is free for orders under £135. If over £135 is about 5% approximately. However, I have ordered over £135 items from Amazon.jp and did not have to pay the Custom Duty so sometimes you may get lucky.

Shipping Courier fee is DHL which charge £1.25. If it was Royal Mail they charge a silly amount of about £10.

In this case with Jaws delivered to the UK:
Steel - £44
Shipping - £24
VAT - £13.80
Courier fee - £1.25

Total £83 approximately depending on Credit Card conversion fees.

If we were in year 2006~2008, we would have paid about £45~ £50 as 1 GBP used to be between 220 - 245 JPY. I remember importing The Rock from the UK when the exchange rate was 241 JPY per GBP.EEK!

Shipping in bulk to US or China and forwarding would definitely bring down the expenses by 10~15%.

For orders less than £135 the Custom Duty is free.

Basically there is 3 things you need to pay:
- VAT
- Custom Duty
- Shipping Courier fee

VAT is 20% of the total which includes the shipping fees for Amazon.jp :(

Custom Duty is free for orders under £135. If over £135 is about 5% approximately. However, I have ordered over £135 items from Amazon.jp and did not have to pay the Custom Duty so sometimes you may get lucky.

Shipping Courier fee is DHL which charge £1.25. If it was Royal Mail they charge a silly amount of about £10.

In this case with Jaws delivered to the UK:
Steel - £44
Shipping - £24
VAT - £13.80
Courier fee - £1.25

Total £83 approximately depending on Credit Card conversion fees.

EEK!
is this only for official purchases from a merchant?
How about if someone sends you a item and declares it as a gift(but still with a value of the item indicated on the package customs form)?

Amazon.jp site seem to suggest that there are 78 copies left. Am I checking the number correctly? I thought they just launched this item.

that's the number I'm getting too. Was at 100 when I checked yesterday. I expect them to restock, but if they don't.....:naughty:

Is there anyway of arranging some sort of GB to save on costs? Been thinking of ordering a copy but maybe if we ordered a few we could save us all some money and less chance of damage if ordering more than one.

Limit of 1 per order.

And if you end up ordering only a single steelbook, have it gift wrapped for an extra 300 yen. I did with my recent purchase of Dark Knight and they sent it in a box, secured to a piece of cardboard. Much, much better than the usual single steel shipping method.

Limit of 1 per order.

And if you end up ordering only a single steelbook, have it gift wrapped for an extra 300 yen. I did with my recent purchase of Dark Knight and they sent it in a box, secured to a piece of cardboard. Much, much better than the usual single steel shipping method.

Amazon jp has a funny way of doing their business!
even when i emailed them to increase the quantity of the Saving Pte Ryan Digipack to 2, they declined. :(

Is there anyway of arranging some sort of GB to save on costs? Been thinking of ordering a copy but maybe if we ordered a few we could save us all some money and less chance of damage if ordering more than one.

Not possible, mate. There is a restriction of 1 per customer per order per week or so, and this seems to apply to all recent releases. Just a couple of months ago, I remember you could order more than 1 copy of certain titles, e.g. HP 7.1, but not anymore.

Reactions: Marina Blue
Amazon jp prices, shipping cost and 1 copy per order policy all suck. Only thing good about them is there low production numbers and nice looking steels.

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Amazon jp prices, shipping cost and 1 copy per order policy all suck. Only thing good about them is there low production numbers and nice looking steels.

I can see why some would think those things suck, but others would say it's great because of the exclusivity it creates.

Reactions: ash333
EEK!
is this only for official purchases from a merchant?
How about if someone sends you a item and declares it as a gift(but still with a value of the item indicated on the package customs form)?

It is the same if you sent as a gift as a friend or amazon sends it. You still get billed custom charges if its over a gift value of £40 or £15 for business purchases. So say you sent the gift and marked the actual price I will still get billed the VAT but it will be less. Say you declare the actual cost of the steel of £44, I will get billed £44 of the value (which is this case is £44 x 20% + DHL fee = £10.05).

But for business they will sometimes bill you for the whole thing including shipping which in this case is retailers like amazon.jp which really sucks as the shipping is like £24.

It is the same if you sent as a gift as a friend or amazon sends it. You still get billed custom charges if its over a gift value of £40 or £15 for business purchases. So say you sent the gift and marked the actual price I will still get billed the VAT but it will be less. Say you declare the actual cost of the steel of £44, I will get billed £44 of the value (which is this case is £44 x 20% + DHL fee = £10.05).

But for business they will sometimes bill you for the whole thing including shipping which in this case is retailers like amazon.jp which really sucks as the shipping is like £24.

For UK buyers the law says if it's over £15 and not from EU counties you will get billed 20% on the item costs plus the P&P.

So say something from Japan costs £16.00 plus £14 shipping you will pay 20% VAT on £30.00

I love Japanese steels but the one time I did buy from amazon.jp has put me off buying ever again.

ill be purchasing japanese release from trades one day in the future i hope

I can see why some would think those things suck, but others would say it's great because of the exclusivity it creates.

im all for exclusivity but i dont think that the shipping cost, 1 copy per order policy and the expensive release prices has no effect on the rarity of the steelbook. For the money you spend on a newly released amazon jp steelbook + shipping you can get a rare item that has been OOP for years.

I own a few JP Steels myself. Not every release from there is "upgraded" in some way. I just got Fast and Furious and there is nothing extraordinary about it vs the other releases. This Jaws Steel is nicer than the other releases if the extras float your boat .... or the bigger boat ;). So if you're a hardcore fan of the film or feel you have to have all JP Steels or at least the ones that have something extra , this one may be for you. Just be careful you're not buying the same Steel of other titles at 2 and 3 times the cost while living on dry lettuce, lol.

::: Digitalbabe :::

STAFF
hidefninja.com

Sent from LV-426 on
iPhone

Reactions: WKRP and ash333