JSDVD - SteelBook Retailer Thread

logo.gif

Feel free to discuss shipping, customer service, availabity, etc about this retailer here.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) What is the link to JSDVD?
A) http://dvd.jsdvd.com/index.php?language=us

Q) I haven't mastered Taiwanese yet - how can I read the site?!
A) Install Google translate on your browser or click on the English sign:
icon.gif

Google Chrome HERE
Firefox HERE

Q) How do I register?
A) Click HERE to create an account >> Fill in details >> click on 'continue' >> Done

Q) Do they ship outside of Taiwan?
A) Yes, worldwide delivery, various shipping options available. EMS shipping price list HERE

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) Cardboard Box, with enough bubblewrap to keep things safe. See pics: (Thanks to The Rainmaker)
As promised, here are the pictures of the packaging by JSDVD. Please feel free to add these pics to the OP so that everyone can have a look before buying from them.

I find their packaging totally bulletproof. As you can see in the first picture, the box arrived in a completely bashed and torn condition:

View attachment 43021

View attachment 43022

They used 3 layers of bubble wrap on the outside that absorbed the impacts of the outside world:

View attachment 43023

Inside those 3 outer layers of bubble, each individual steelbook was wrapped in 3-4 layers of bubble on each side:

View attachment 43024

And finally, the flawless steelbook:

View attachment 43025

I hope I could help ;)

Cheers :thumbs:
Q) Is the retailer custom's friendly? (i.e will they mark as gift, or low value).
A) Very friendly - just add your note in the comments box:
rsz_jsdvd.jpg

Q) Will the retailer charges upon order or upon shipment
A) You will be charged for the ITEM upon ordering, but shipping costs are charged separately once ready for dispatch. (you will receive an email, check spam folder)

Q) What payment do they accept?
A) Card only - TIP - when paying ensure you click on 'Perform normal payment' shown here:

rsz_1jsvspayment.jpg

Q) Customer Services any good?
A) Yes - overall a very good, reliable site to order from.

Cancellations: Send an email to [email protected], including the number of the order you wish to cancel. He'll get back to you as soon as he can.

Replacements: are issued if in stock, if not a refund will be offered.
Refunds: They are normally processed within a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone, please help me.
I am order IM3 Steelbook last night Malaysia time. TWE Online Payment already took my money from my CC. BUT, pre order for this IM3 not complete coz SOLD OUT before i am settle the transaction. I send email to JSDVD &TWE Payment Online last night for settle my problem. Now, still waiting reply email from them. Normally, how many day JSDVD's CS reply email from customers?

Just encountered the same problem today. Already contacted the customer Service. It does not make any sense, that the items still can sell out during the payment process. The payment goes through, but the order does not. I will return to Yesasia for my next orders.

Best wishes,

Michael

For some reason I can't track my ems package. When I follow the EMS link on my order page and paste the tracking number in it comes back saying no data.

Sound like I am doing something wrong?

have to say, that even though I've only used them twice so far, I'll definitely be going back to them again.
VERY impressed. On par, if not a tad better than Amazon IMO (superior packaging for steels compared to Amazon)

Great packaging and fast delivery, but the payment-process was a pain, server-crash, so the payment didn't go through......after that an e-mail from them:

Dear Customer,
We apologize for the mistake of servers, please replace your order step by step:
(1).Checkout.
(2).Billing Address: please change your country to Taiwan.
(3).Payment Method: please choose Check/Money Order.
(4).Order Confirmation.
We will update your order and country, that's only way to place order don't need pay again .
We are very sorry, because we can't place order for you, except you tell us your password.
Of course you also can rechange your password.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

And a few more turns before the payment went through finally :ohno:

Every now and then I like to browse their entire steelbook listings because JSDVD has the odd habit of old titles popping back in stock. I got 2 x Prometheus back in February and just now 1 x 2012. Each time it went OOS immediately after my order.

I use the following link.

http://dvd.jsdvd.com/index.php?cPath=124_268

Happy hunting.

:scat:

-Dano

Last edited:
Every now and then I like to browse their entire steelbook listings because JSDVD has the odd habit of old titles popping back in stock. I got 2 x Prometheus back in February and just now 2 x 2012. Each time it went OOS immediately after my order.

I use the following link.

http://dvd.jsdvd.com/index.php?cPath=124_268

Happy hunting.

:scat:

-Dano

The 2012 SteelBooks are DVD, not blu-ray. :(

Unless that's what you were after :thumbs:

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

Click on Show and you can select Blu-ray and that will get rid of the DVD Steels

Yeah, I don't know why the listing disappeared as opposed to just showing OOS. If I recall this title was actually in stock for quite a bit recently and I was kicking myself for not ordering then. Definitely the BD.

1 x 2012: Steelbook Edition (DTS-HD)(Blu-ray) NT$1,880

-Dano

Yeah, I don't know why the listing disappeared as opposed to just showing OOS. If I recall this title was actually in stock for quite a bit recently and I was kicking myself for not ordering then. Definitely the BD.

1 x 2012: Steelbook Edition (DTS-HD)(Blu-ray) NT$1,880

-Dano

Cool if you were able to get a blu-ray version! I was just looking through the list yesterday. I too hope one day the Captain America or Iron Man 2 buttons stop showing OOS :hilarious:

Reactions: Dano
Got my Iron Man 3 from them last week, it was packaged very well, and the steelbook was in mint condition. It also got here to Canada very fast, thanks, will be using them in the future.

Reactions: sami638