JSDVD - SteelBook Retailer Thread

logo.gif

Feel free to discuss shipping, customer service, availabity, etc about this retailer here.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) What is the link to JSDVD?
A) http://dvd.jsdvd.com/index.php?language=us

Q) I haven't mastered Taiwanese yet - how can I read the site?!
A) Install Google translate on your browser or click on the English sign:
icon.gif

Google Chrome HERE
Firefox HERE

Q) How do I register?
A) Click HERE to create an account >> Fill in details >> click on 'continue' >> Done

Q) Do they ship outside of Taiwan?
A) Yes, worldwide delivery, various shipping options available. EMS shipping price list HERE

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) Cardboard Box, with enough bubblewrap to keep things safe. See pics: (Thanks to The Rainmaker)
As promised, here are the pictures of the packaging by JSDVD. Please feel free to add these pics to the OP so that everyone can have a look before buying from them.

I find their packaging totally bulletproof. As you can see in the first picture, the box arrived in a completely bashed and torn condition:

View attachment 43021

View attachment 43022

They used 3 layers of bubble wrap on the outside that absorbed the impacts of the outside world:

View attachment 43023

Inside those 3 outer layers of bubble, each individual steelbook was wrapped in 3-4 layers of bubble on each side:

View attachment 43024

And finally, the flawless steelbook:

View attachment 43025

I hope I could help ;)

Cheers :thumbs:
Q) Is the retailer custom's friendly? (i.e will they mark as gift, or low value).
A) Very friendly - just add your note in the comments box:
rsz_jsdvd.jpg

Q) Will the retailer charges upon order or upon shipment
A) You will be charged for the ITEM upon ordering, but shipping costs are charged separately once ready for dispatch. (you will receive an email, check spam folder)

Q) What payment do they accept?
A) Card only - TIP - when paying ensure you click on 'Perform normal payment' shown here:

rsz_1jsvspayment.jpg

Q) Customer Services any good?
A) Yes - overall a very good, reliable site to order from.

Cancellations: Send an email to [email protected], including the number of the order you wish to cancel. He'll get back to you as soon as he can.

Replacements: are issued if in stock, if not a refund will be offered.
Refunds: They are normally processed within a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just placed an order for The Lion King which came back in stock randomly.

What's the usual process from here?

Order Status History
09/30/2013 In processing

Steelbook purchase

I've used them once and had a positive experience. They shipped my steels in a cardboard box with plenty of bubblewrap.

I had the same experience..good stuff ( :

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

Got my Iron Man 3 from them last week, it was packaged very well, and the steelbook was in mint condition. It also got here to Canada very fast, thanks, will be using them in the future.

Ironman 3 steelbook shipped to Canada in small slim box and came with any defects or damage..Great service.

Just placed an order for The Lion King which came back in stock randomly.

What's the usual process from here?

Order Status History
09/30/2013 In processing

10/01/2013 Usually ships in 2~14 days

I have to say I'm very impressed with JSDVD.
I ordered the Lion king on monday, and it was sent out the same day.
It arrived here in the UK today (thursday) much to my surprise, I was expecting it to turn up next week!

I was slightly worried when I saw the parcel, as it looked like it had taken a beating... :ohno:
20131003_120003.jpg

but I was releived to find my steelbook encased in some sort of bubble wrap burrito inside! :oohyeah:
20131003_120228.jpg

Thats 5 sheets it had wrapped round it!

Reactions: Marina Blue
I have to say I'm very impressed with JSDVD.
I ordered the Lion king on monday, and it was sent out the same day.
It arrived here in the UK today (thursday) much to my surprise, I was expecting it to turn up next week!

I was slightly worried when I saw the parcel, as it looked like it had taken a beating... :ohno:

but I was releived to find my steelbook encased in some sort of bubble wrap burrito inside! :oohyeah:
Thats 5 sheets it had wrapped round it!

Drats! I ordered Monday too and mine hasn't shipped yet. starting to wonder what the dealio is..

What worries me is on the Lion King page, it still is available to add to your cart, but on my Order Info page, it says 0 in stock next to my 2 x The Lion King: 3D + 2D Diamond Edition (DTS-HD)(2Disc)(Blu-ray).

Drats! I ordered Monday too and mine hasn't shipped yet. starting to wonder what the dealio is..

What worries me is on the Lion King page, it still is available to add to your cart, but on my Order Info page, it says 0 in stock next to my 2 x The Lion King: 3D + 2D Diamond Edition (DTS-HD)(2Disc)(Blu-ray).

Have they asked you to pay for your shipping yet?
I thought it was odd they bill it separately.

Have they asked you to pay for your shipping yet?
I thought it was odd they bill it separately.

Haven't been billed for shipping yet, just the items. I thought that was weird too. How much was shipping for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Haven't been billed for shipping yet, just the items. I thought that was weird too. How much was shipping for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

about £12, they sent me this message remind me to log in and pay it:

0.4KG: NT$610 / $420
Please COPY below link. that is a shipping fee item.
http://dvd.jsdvd.com/product_info.php?products_id=24523
After you pay this item, we will deliver your order.^^

It seems to still be in stock, maybe send them an email? Hopefully they can sort it out!

Shot them an email this morning, hopefully I'll hear something back from them soon.

Woo! Finally made it to packaging! Will they send an email requesting payment for shipping? Or how does that work?

Like I noted before, on my order history page it said 0 in stock, now it says 2 in stock.

10/05/2013 - Packaging

guys i need some help please:

today i got a package from JS with three steels inside and they arrived without any sort of protection!!No bubble wrap which they usually use,they just put the steels inside the box so they were flying around during shipping.

as you can imagine they came dented because of this.i have seen in the OP that they offer a replacement or refund if the item is OOS

so my question is how does the replacement process work?do i have to send the items back and cover the costs myself?
do i have to pay for shipping again from JS to me when they ship the replacement?

thanks in advance

guys i need some help please:

today i got a package from JS with three steels inside and they arrived without any sort of protection!!No bubble wrap which they usually use,they just put the steels inside the box so they were flying around during shipping.

as you can imagine they came dented because of this.i have seen in the OP that they offer a replacement or refund if the item is OOS

so my question is how does the replacement process work?do i have to send the items back and cover the costs myself?
do i have to pay for shipping again from JS to me when they ship the replacement?

thanks in advance

I can't believe they did that. I used to buy a lot of steels from Amazon before their Frustration Causing packaging was introduced, but after that I stopped buying for obvious reasons. 100% of the steels packaged in that f****** box arrived damaged :angry:

These Asian retailers were the only hope left as they packaged nicely and added extra padding on special request. But your post has got me really worried. I just hope it was a mistake and that JSDVD is not following in on Shitazon's footsteps :ohno::ohno::ohno:

As for replacement, send a mail to [email protected] and giving your item number tell them about your problem and send them a couple of pics as well beforehand. They will ask you return it to them and once it reaches them, you have an option to either get your return shipping cost refunded or adjusted towards next order. The replacement is free of charge. You don't pay for replacement shipping ;)

Reactions: Evil
I can't believe they did that. I used to buy a lot of steels from Amazon before their Frustration Causing packaging was introduced, but after that I stopped buying for obvious reasons. 100% of the steels packaged in that f****** box arrived damaged :angry:

These Asian retailers were the only hope left as they packaged nicely and added extra padding on special request. But your post has got me really worried. I just hope it was a mistake and that JSDVD is not following in on Shitazon's footsteps :ohno::ohno::ohno:

As for replacement, send a mail to [email protected] and giving your item number tell them about your problem and send them a couple of pics as well beforehand. They will ask you return it to them and once it reaches them, you have an option to either get your return shipping cost refunded or adjusted towards next order. The replacement is free of charge. You don't pay for replacement shipping ;)

ok thanks a lot for your answer,that seems to be a good service from JS.

i also hope that was a mistake from them,that happened for the first time(i already ordered a lot from them)and i couldnt believe my eyes once i opened the box:angry:

the package was also opened by the customs but i cant imagine they took away the bubble wrap and shipped the rest.but to be honest i dont trust the customs,they have already done so much sh** in the past:(

Last edited:
Reactions: The Rainmaker
the package was also opened by the customs but i cant imagine they took away the bubble wrap and shipped the rest.but to be honest i dont trust the customs,they have already done so much sh** in the past:(

Well mate that explains it. It was 100% taken away by the customs, I'm sure. That is because my country's customs are just as ruthless as yours and it is the same story with most of the customs officials all around the world. They have "This is not my stuff, so why bother" attitude.

And in majority of the cases these f**** just open the boxes because they are curious to see what's inside :angry:

At least now it's clear that it wasn't JSDVD but I do feel bad about what happened to your steels though....

Reactions: Evil
Mine arrived in the US in Chicago's O'Hare at 4:55 and went to customs at 4:56.
Hoping it jumps on another plane to ATL soon.

Hmmm...

October 10, 2013 , 11:31 am - Delivered (Local)
October 10, 2013 , 10:09 am - Arrival at Post Office (Local)
October 10, 2013 , __:__ am - Depart USPS Sort Facility - ATLANTA, GA 30320
October 10, 2013 , 7:48 am - Processed through USPS Sort Facility - ATLANTA, GA 30320

That seems odd to me, seeing it land in Atlanta this morning, I figured it might arrive tomorrow, possibly tonight since the mailman is usually delivering around 6-8pm. But there's no way it was delivered at 11:31 am, the mailman never gets to our neighborhood before 4:30pm...

Last edited:
I have sent two separate emails this week with one being yesterday. I am trying to cancel an order and they wont even respond to the email and they wont cancel the order. :wtf: