JSDVD - SteelBook Retailer Thread

logo.gif

Feel free to discuss shipping, customer service, availabity, etc about this retailer here.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) What is the link to JSDVD?
A) http://dvd.jsdvd.com/index.php?language=us

Q) I haven't mastered Taiwanese yet - how can I read the site?!
A) Install Google translate on your browser or click on the English sign:
icon.gif

Google Chrome HERE
Firefox HERE

Q) How do I register?
A) Click HERE to create an account >> Fill in details >> click on 'continue' >> Done

Q) Do they ship outside of Taiwan?
A) Yes, worldwide delivery, various shipping options available. EMS shipping price list HERE

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) Cardboard Box, with enough bubblewrap to keep things safe. See pics: (Thanks to The Rainmaker)
As promised, here are the pictures of the packaging by JSDVD. Please feel free to add these pics to the OP so that everyone can have a look before buying from them.

I find their packaging totally bulletproof. As you can see in the first picture, the box arrived in a completely bashed and torn condition:

View attachment 43021

View attachment 43022

They used 3 layers of bubble wrap on the outside that absorbed the impacts of the outside world:

View attachment 43023

Inside those 3 outer layers of bubble, each individual steelbook was wrapped in 3-4 layers of bubble on each side:

View attachment 43024

And finally, the flawless steelbook:

View attachment 43025

I hope I could help ;)

Cheers :thumbs:
Q) Is the retailer custom's friendly? (i.e will they mark as gift, or low value).
A) Very friendly - just add your note in the comments box:
rsz_jsdvd.jpg

Q) Will the retailer charges upon order or upon shipment
A) You will be charged for the ITEM upon ordering, but shipping costs are charged separately once ready for dispatch. (you will receive an email, check spam folder)

Q) What payment do they accept?
A) Card only - TIP - when paying ensure you click on 'Perform normal payment' shown here:

rsz_1jsvspayment.jpg

Q) Customer Services any good?
A) Yes - overall a very good, reliable site to order from.

Cancellations: Send an email to [email protected], including the number of the order you wish to cancel. He'll get back to you as soon as he can.

Replacements: are issued if in stock, if not a refund will be offered.
Refunds: They are normally processed within a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some retailer collect money first and some don't, if you are not comfortable with them taking your money first maybe you should try using other retailer. ;)

4th, 5th is very near to their Chinese Lunar New Year and most shipper are not accepting anymore order for normal and express. Unless it's urgent.

China shipper even stop receiving shipping order as early as 1st of Feb, so I don't see a big deal of it. I ordered some disc on 30th Jan, still in progress. :hilarious:

Come on, give this guys a break. I think they have indeed a lot better than some of the online retailer. Maybe your expectation is too high ? Try adjusting your expectation, wouldn't it make you feel a lot easier ? ;)

Here is the screenshot of my order.

Money debitted immediately. Order was meant to be shipped on 04th Feb 2013 and despite repeated emails there has been no reply.:angry:

Reactions: earthscope
I have never had a problem with JSDVD. I think they do an excellent job, plus they always pack my Steelbooks extremely well and once they dispatch the Steels they always gets to me in 4 Days max. ;)

I would rather give them my money that some other retailers I will not mention here. :scat:

All in All I am one happy customer. :p

Some retailer collect money first and some don't, if you are not comfortable with them taking your money first maybe you should try using other retailer. ;)

4th, 5th is very near to their Chinese Lunar New Year and most shipper are not accepting anymore order for normal and express. Unless it's urgent.

China shipper even stop receiving shipping order as early as 1st of Feb, so I don't see a big deal of it. I ordered some disc on 30th Jan, still in progress. :hilarious:

Come on, give this guys a break. I think they have indeed a lot better than some of the online retailer. Maybe your expectation is too high ? Try adjusting your expectation, wouldn't it make you feel a lot easier ? ;)

When a retailer takes money instantly I expect them to ship closer or within a week from the release date.

Today is 19/02/2013. The order was meant to be shipped on 04/02/2013. Even if they took 1 week to proces any backlogs due to the Chinese New Year they should have shipped all outstanding orders that were overdue for a long time by now.

What bothers me is the completely lack of response from customer service. I am a patient guy and love quoting "Patience is Virtue" to others but I find the lack of response unprofessional.

Try doing this in eBay and you will be left a negative response or get reported to eBay, or if amazon did this I am sure customers would make a huge cry about it.

When a normal guy like me working 11 hours a day is able to find time to ship 15 parcels within 2 days why can't these guys running a company taking money instantly and not bothering to respond ship on time is beyond me.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: FanOfGaming
No PayPal.

icon_caution.png

One of my friends package with 2 Steelbooks is stuck in customs due to "Invalid invoice". Looks like they aren't marking down the value properly in the customs form + invoice.

Also my Taken 2 + Lion King order that was supposed to be shipped on 04/Feb/2013 is not yet shipped. Money taken instantly on 5th of Jan. I am now considering disputing the transaction and permanently staying away from JSDVD as they are becoming a nuisance to UK based importers.

I really do not know why you are having trouble getting attention from them ?
I shipped 20pcs of disc and asked them to mark down the value and they did so. Emailed them and get responded within 24hrs.
It could be the UK custom that a giving the trouble and not the retailer, not all retailer will mark it down for you.
If you are not happy with your order, why not just ask them to cancel your order and get a refund ?
Perhaps you may want to PM me your order number and I see what I can help.
I find they are really good. :p

No PayPal.

icon_caution.png

One of my friends package with 2 Steelbooks is stuck in customs due to "Invalid invoice". Looks like they aren't marking down the value properly in the customs form + invoice.

Also my Taken 2 + Lion King order that was supposed to be shipped on 04/Feb/2013 is not yet shipped. Money taken instantly on 5th of Jan. I am now considering disputing the transaction and permanently staying away from JSDVD as they are becoming a nuisance to UK based importers.

Let them first respond to my simple email asking when my order will be shipped, then we can talk about cancelling. Cancelling means they will refund in Taiwan $ and I might lose money on currency conversion which means I will be out of pocket for no fault of mine. I will check the current exchange rates and then request for cancellation as GBP has weakened due to downgrading of credit rating last week.

Maybe you are in Singapore and speak Chinese they respond quick but not for us in the UK.

I tried writing in Chinese when contacted them, they replied in English. :hilarious:
So I actually wrote to them in English. :D

Let them first respond to my simple email asking when my order will be shipped, then we can talk about cancelling. Cancelling means they will refund in Taiwan $ and I might lose money on currency conversion which means I will be out of pocket for no fault of mine. I will check the current exchange rates and then request for cancellation as GBP has weakened due to downgrading of credit rating last week.

Maybe you are in Singapore and speak Chinese they respond quick but not for us in the UK.

I tried to cancel an order once and wrote in Chinese. They didn't reply. Then some time later I wanted to cancel another order and wrote in English. Within 24 hours they refunded my order.

Go figure. :)

When you are in HKG and write in Chinese, the font may not be recognise by their Chinese OS in Traditional Chinese, so do us in Singapore which using simplify Chinese. it end up showing rubbish when they received your email. :hilarious:
So, better write all in simple english. ;)

I tried to cancel an order once and wrote in Chinese. They didn't reply. Then some time later I wanted to cancel another order and wrote in English. Within 24 hours they refunded my order.

Go figure. :)

As I've said before about JSDVD, when everything works out fine without any glitches, they are fine. But hit a problem that requires some line of communication and they are very far from good. Woe betide anyone who has a package lost, mis-delivered or damaged, like I did. You're on your own then. You just have to hope that you'll get lucky with each order and have no problems. :ohno:

Reactions: earthscope
sorry i this was asked by someone before but i have the following question,maybe someone can help:

i ordered a copy of the bourne complete collection about one hour ago.the first time the payment didnt work,after that i clicked on "pay again" (i dont know the exact name) and this time it worked.
i also left them a message about the value...

but now if i sign in and click on order history the recent order doesnt show up..

could it be that it takes a while until i can see it here or does anyone know what could have happened?

thanks

It would shows immediately if your payment is successful after 10second.
The order history only shows recent 3 transactions, you can click in the show all if you have more than 3 orders recently.

Reactions: Evil
could it be that it takes a while until i can see it here or does anyone know what could have happened? thanks

They seem to be having some website problems recently (the site has been down a lot) so maybe check your order history again when it's back up?

If there's still no entry for your new order, then you'll need to check with your credit card company and then if necessary contact JSDVD.

Reactions: Evil
I am going to send a stinker to JSDVD today asking them cancel all my orders as I am done dealing with this BS company. Taking money instantly, not shipping on time and not responding to emails is unprofessional and inexcusable. To me besides the packaging they are worse than zavvi. If they open an ebay store, I am sure they will be flooded with negative or neutral feedbacks. Maybe one should be extremely lucky or speak Chinese or a very frequent customer to evoke a better response.

Will stick with kimchi and yesasia.

The only time I've had issues with them was when I ordered a steel which showed as being in stock at the time but in reality it wasn't. As we all know payment was immediately taken but two weeks passed and I didn't get an email to pay for shipping. So I emailed them. More than once. Still no response. So I called them. The guy I spoke to knew very little English but I managed to understand that they were waiting for stock. Soon after I got my steels and they shipped them free.

I'd suggest calling them (I did from work) or ask someone who is fluent in Mandarin (I think!) to call on your behalf. Not practical for some I understand but I doubt anyone will get a response to an email (based on my experience).

Reactions: lgans316