JSDVD - SteelBook Retailer Thread

logo.gif

Feel free to discuss shipping, customer service, availabity, etc about this retailer here.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) What is the link to JSDVD?
A) http://dvd.jsdvd.com/index.php?language=us

Q) I haven't mastered Taiwanese yet - how can I read the site?!
A) Install Google translate on your browser or click on the English sign:
icon.gif

Google Chrome HERE
Firefox HERE

Q) How do I register?
A) Click HERE to create an account >> Fill in details >> click on 'continue' >> Done

Q) Do they ship outside of Taiwan?
A) Yes, worldwide delivery, various shipping options available. EMS shipping price list HERE

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) Cardboard Box, with enough bubblewrap to keep things safe. See pics: (Thanks to The Rainmaker)
As promised, here are the pictures of the packaging by JSDVD. Please feel free to add these pics to the OP so that everyone can have a look before buying from them.

I find their packaging totally bulletproof. As you can see in the first picture, the box arrived in a completely bashed and torn condition:

View attachment 43021

View attachment 43022

They used 3 layers of bubble wrap on the outside that absorbed the impacts of the outside world:

View attachment 43023

Inside those 3 outer layers of bubble, each individual steelbook was wrapped in 3-4 layers of bubble on each side:

View attachment 43024

And finally, the flawless steelbook:

View attachment 43025

I hope I could help ;)

Cheers :thumbs:
Q) Is the retailer custom's friendly? (i.e will they mark as gift, or low value).
A) Very friendly - just add your note in the comments box:
rsz_jsdvd.jpg

Q) Will the retailer charges upon order or upon shipment
A) You will be charged for the ITEM upon ordering, but shipping costs are charged separately once ready for dispatch. (you will receive an email, check spam folder)

Q) What payment do they accept?
A) Card only - TIP - when paying ensure you click on 'Perform normal payment' shown here:

rsz_1jsvspayment.jpg

Q) Customer Services any good?
A) Yes - overall a very good, reliable site to order from.

Cancellations: Send an email to [email protected], including the number of the order you wish to cancel. He'll get back to you as soon as he can.

Replacements: are issued if in stock, if not a refund will be offered.
Refunds: They are normally processed within a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
I emailed them yesterday as suggested by VRob and got this answer today:

Dear Customer,
we apologize for the mistake after we moved web server.
please copy the list of your shopping cart, and send to us.
we'll update your order list.
or
please tell me your password in jsdvd.com
(After the change yon can)
we will display tour order in my site

sorry again for any inconvenience.
Best Regards
JSDVD.com

after that i emailed my password and about TWO MINUTES!!! later i got another answer:

Dear customer.
We update your order

Thanks for your replay
Best Regards
^^

and BAM-order updated,so for me it looks like their customer service isnt that bad:naughty:

Reactions: VRob98
Finally got the shipping invoice email. Got one yesterday evening and one today reminding me to pay. When customer can be patient why can't these jacks be patient? They said they are offering me some free gift but all I want is my items to be shipped on time. Not that I am expecting early shipping but at least ship a week from the release date.

I haven't been able to get on their website for the last two days -- is it my internet connection or is their website down a lot these days?

Their website seems to be down every night all night at the moment (that's by UK time, which would be their office hours). I don't know if they're changing servers or what but it doesn't inspire confidence to see an online retailer be offline so much.

Their website seems to be down every night all night at the moment (that's by UK time, which would be their office hours). I don't know if they're changing servers or what but it doesn't inspire confidence to see an online retailer be offline so much.

Yeah, they are apparently restoring their servers. Emailed them last night regarding something else and they said they will update my order as soon as their servers are restored.

As for people who say JSDVD take forever to respond to emails, they have been responding to my emails with in a 12 hour time frame :drool:. First time dealing with jsdvd but their customer service seems to be great so far. :LOL:

Maybe you are in the lucky boat. My order with estimated shipping date of 04/Feb/2013 is yet to be shipped despite paying in full. :angry:

Wow. I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully you will get everything sorted out :thumbs:.

PS: But umm I think they just like us Canadians (maybe Americans) more!! :naughty:

Reactions: bluray4life
Glad you got your order sorted out Ush.
Jsdvd is migrating their server so expect some hiccup every now and then till its fully restored.
I've send them an email informing them about the orders and comment feedback they got here. Hopefully they would respond and see if all this is well taken care of.
I really do not have any issue with them so far and sometimes they just took a little longer to reply. But they do reply, maybe it's individual expectation. I don't set too much or too high expectation of them and you might get a surprise.

Reactions: Ush and pokjak290
JSDVD CS Replied

Hi all you guys and gals, the customer service from JSDVD had replied to my email and here I posted the reply from them.

Dear Alex 您好

首先要感謝您熱心的來信及協助

因為擔心用英文向您解釋或許會詞不達意

很高興您懂中文

所以就直接以中文回覆您了 ^_^

您也知道

或許我們無法立即回覆客戶的郵件

但我們都會回覆

我們知道有部份客戶都收不到我們的通知mail (被郵件伺服器擋掉?)

但我們從不曉得原來有些客戶的mail我們也收不到 (垃圾郵件也沒有)

要求取消訂單通常在12小時內便會刷退

我們不知為何會收不到信 (Gmail也擋信?)

日前測試...的確收不到 Contact Us 寄出的 mail

主機商也查無原因

只好更新 Contact Us 頁面 望能避免漏信問題

農歷年前才為了改善網站速度升級主機

結果過完年新主機又每天斷線......

非常抱歉~造成大家的不便實非所願 >_<

還有非常對不起的 lgans316

日前才發現漏寄了他的運費

但我們的確從未收到他的來函 (from Contact Us?)

我們附上絕版的日本限定贈品感謝他的體諒

最後再次感謝您在討論區熱心的協助說明

同時感謝您長久的支持及選購

Best Regards

Sammi. ^_^

JSDVD.com

Here's the translation from my limited knowledge in Chinese. :D

Dear Alex,

Thank you for your help in writing to us.
As we are afraid that we can't really explain well in English, we will write to you in Chinese instead.
Glad you understand Chinese.

As you know, we cannot reply to an inquiry immediately but we will definitely reply all of them.
We acknowledge that we cannot received some of our customers email, (filtered by the mail server?) but we ourselves do not aware that actually we didn't receive some customers email at all. (Not even in Junk mail folder)

Request for cancellation normally takes up to 12hrs to process, but we really do not received such email for cancellation. (Gmail block email?)

We tested on our server using "Contact Us" and it's confirmed we do not receive the email sent. Even the hosting company cannot explain to us.
That's why we revamped our "Contact Us" page to avoid further miss email.

We upgraded our server for higher bandwidth just before Chinese New Year, but the server connection keeps dropping after Chinese New Year....
We really sorry for any inconvenience caused for all our customers.

We really need to apologise to member "lgans316", we just found out we miss sending out his postage fees email, but we do not received any of his email to us. We have since sending him a limited edition Japan gift to show our sincere apology and we hope we have your understanding.

Finally, we thank you for your help to try to assist and helping in explaining in the forum. At the same time thank you for your continuing support and purchase.

Best Regard,

Sammi.
JSDVD.com ;)

looking at placing my first order from this company, comments on here seem mainly positive. Any ideas what the cost to ship 3 steelbooks to the uk would be? I'm trying to work out if it's worth buying direct and having the hassle of potential customs issues, or taking the hit and buying the steelbooks i'm after off fleabay and paying a premium that way.

looking at placing my first order from this company, comments on here seem mainly positive. Any ideas what the cost to ship 3 steelbooks to the uk would be? I'm trying to work out if it's worth buying direct and having the hassle of potential customs issues, or taking the hit and buying the steelbooks i'm after off fleabay and paying a premium that way.

Cost of sending 3 steelbooks to the UK is 760 Taiwanese Dollars by EMS or 580 by Regular Airmail. EMS is preferable as it's much faster and allows you to track the parcel (using Parcelforce in the UK)

You can ask JSDVD to mark the parcel as low value and/or gift for Customs purposes, so you shouldn't incur import charges that way. Otherwise it's hit and miss whether Customs decide to apply charges.

Good luck with your first order! :thumbs:

Any body know what the policy is on a damaged steelbook received from JSDVD?

I emailed them and sent pictures of the dent.

I received an email straightaway with an apology and was asked to send pictures of the box as they believe it could have been customs who damaged it however the box was untouched by customs.

I sent pictures of the box and now for the last 2 days no reply...

Anybody been in a similar situation that can help??

my order for Life of Pi TW is at the Packaging stage as i received an email. How do you pay for your shipping?

Is there an option or do they send you an invoice?

thanks

my order for Life of Pi TW is at the Packaging stage as i received an email. How do you pay for your shipping?

Is there an option or do they send you an invoice?

thanks

They will send you another email for payment of shipping when they are ready to ship. You will have to copy and paste the link exactly as is shown in the email into your browser, which will then take you to the payment section on JSDVD. ;)

Reactions: cityguyste
Paid for shipping on an order on Thursday 21st. Have a EMS tracking number but it shows no data.

This happen to anyone else before?

I am really confused. I ordered Life of pi from here and now I see that other people have gotten theirs, or at least have had theirs shipped.

When does one get shipping notice? I haven't received anything other than a few snippets, that went to my spam folder, but nothing appears to be about shipping.

I just went to the site and it still shows "booking activities" waiting to be processed. Do they send out another email about shipping.. confused.