Belgium
Release date: December 9, 2013
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi
Price: £21.50 (Amazon) - £20.99 (Zavvi)
Notes: Gloss finish, back cover and inside artwork, 1 disc edition

51WAOJ7eHBL.jpg

71rywSJsLuL._SL1330_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had my dispatch earlier and they said the steelbooks shouldn't be a problem I'm just worried about the condition after people getting rush a bit damaged and open.

I had my dispatch earlier and they said the steelbooks shouldn't be a problem I'm just worried about the condition after people getting rush a bit damaged and open.

I won't be buying from them again. My copy of Rush wasn't sealed and certainly doesn't look new with a few scuff/light scratches.

If they're not supplying sealed and new products, they need to say as that's what people will be expecting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Mine is at the Sorting Office but I am under no illusions that I will be getting ex-display stock. If it had been sold as this, at a reduced price, then most people would not now be sorely disappointed. Depending on the damage I will either ask for a partial or full refund, don't think I could trust them to send out a replacement.

Totally agree. If I'd paid £10 and known it was ex shop stock I'd be happy, But not at £20 expecting new and sealed. Fingers crossed for yours at the sorting office.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

... What in gods name are HMV playing at?

i just checked my account and my card has been charged 19.99 by some company called XTRA VISION. i googled them and they are '' Ireland's largest chain of video rental stores''

wiki says on 30 August 2013, it was announced that '' 26 Xtra-vision stores would be dual-branded with HMV '' ....

this would explain why people have been receiving second hand goods. they are ex rental goods!

i dont have much hope for my kick ass steelbook being sealed/new or even in a decent condition.

and if they are selling ex rental goods, this should clearly be stated in their site.

i really have seen it all now

Bloody hell :(

I placed my order on Monday and have yet to receive any dispatch email. I'm trying I log in to the site to see if I can cancel and there is no login option anywhere from what I can tell. What the f*** man this is the most unprofessional crap I've ever seen.

Last edited:
... What in gods name are HMV playing at?

i just checked my account and my card has been charged 19.99 by some company called XTRA VISION. i googled them and they are '' Ireland's largest chain of video rental stores''

wiki says on 30 August 2013, it was announced that '' 26 Xtra-vision stores would be dual-branded with HMV '' ....

this would explain why people have been receiving second hand goods. they are ex rental goods!

i dont have much hope for my kick ass steelbook being sealed/new or even in a decent condition.

and if they are selling ex rental goods, this should clearly be stated in their site.

i really have seen it all now

they are not ex rental, if you receive an opened steelbook it is because the discs are removed and kept behind the counter to avoid theft, the steelbook is put on display (empty with no protection)

http://images.entertainment.ie/images_content/rectangle/620x372/xtra20134291213705.jpg

http://www.cueentertainment.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/HMV-Xtra-vision.jpg

:/

i pray these stores are so obscure nobody uses them and the steels are still sealed

---------- Post added at 12:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

they are not ex rental, if you receive an opened steelbook it is because the discs are removed and kept behind the counter to avoid theft, the steelbook is put on display (empty with no protection)

people have been describing their rush steels as being second hand. used. not merely open, but signs of wear. now with xtra vision malarkey, it makes perfect sense why they appear used... they are used!

im also not buying that they have the discs removed for security. there are many dvd/bluray stores in my town, and none resort to opening stock and storing the discs behind the counter. is this the 80s? buy cctv, buy security tags, buy detectors and employ security guards.

outrageous

i hope i get lucky because if i receive anything less then a mint steel, HMV will lose a customer.

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

Bloody hell :(

I placed my order on Monday and have yet to receive any dispatch email. I'm trying I log in to the site to see if I can cancel and there is no login option anywhere from what I can tell. What the f*** man this is the most unprofessional crap I've ever seen.

apparently they do sell new stuff too. maybe we will get lucky. it is very concerning though when you consider people were complaining their rush steelbooks were 'second hand'

people have been describing their rush steels as being second hand. used. not merely open, but signs of wear. now with xtra vision malarkey, it makes perfect sense why they appear used... they are used!

im also not buying that they have the discs removed for security. there are many dvd/bluray stores in my town, and none resort to opening stock and storing the discs behind the counter. is this the 80s? buy cctv, buy security tags, buy detectors and employ security guards.

outrageous

i hope i get lucky because if i receive anything less then a mint steel, HMV will lose a customer.

i'm just stating what i know, they do take the discs out of high value /special editions, golden discs is another irish store that removes the discs from display products (fact) hence why they are a lot of the time damaged (imagine how many times they get dropped moved around and rubbed up against shelves

i agree its not good practice but this is how it is!
my local store still has an open copy of kick ass 2 (no disc inside)

6a77c1df-8ee1-4dad-a1df-a8b3c4f368dd_zps1f87abe1.jpg

Last edited:
I dunno.
I genuinely think you've all got a fair chance of getting new mint sealed copies, as I know there was a definite surplus of these releases in Ireland long after they sold out in the UK... :naughty:

Reactions: Narg
I dunno.
I genuinely think you've all got a fair chance of getting new mint sealed copies, as I know there was a definite surplus of these releases in Ireland long after they sold out in the UK... :naughty:

So you got these from HMV Ireland?

So you got these from HMV Ireland?
From the actual HMV Dublin bricks & mortar store, rather than the online HMV store...
but my point is, there was definitely a load of these knocking about in the ROI long after the UK stores went dry...
I'm just holding out more hope for you guys for this title than I did for 'Rush' - which has devolved into a real sh*tstorm over in the thread!!