KimchiDVD - SteelBook Retailer Chat Thread

logo.gif

Feel free to discuss shipping, customer service, availability, etc about this retailer here.

List of Kimchidvd.com Exclusives HERE

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q) What is the link to Kimchidvd?
A)Welcome to KIMCHI DVD
Q) I haven't mastered Korean yet - how can I read the site?!
A) Install Google translate on your browser:

Google Chrome HERE
Firefox HERE

Q) How do I register?
A) Turn on Google translate >> Login >> click on "If members to join ..." >> fill in EVERY box >>
click on this box to ensure your member ID is available:
rsz_button.jpg
>> Sign up!

You don't need to use Google Translate to register, provided you use the English registration link.
You need to enter both a Celluar phone (mobile) and Telephone number when registering/placing an order, however they can both be the same number (I don't have a home phone number, so always use my mobile number).
Numbers should be entered without a proceeding 0 and you do not need to enter your country code (KimchiDVD add it automatically to your parcel label).

So a UK phone (01452 123123) is specified like this:
Local Area Code : 1452 Phone Number : 123123

A UK mobile (07847 123123) is specified like this:
Local Area Code : 7847 Phone Number : 123123

If you have already registered, afterlogging in you can update your address/phone numbers here.

Q) Do they ship outside of Korea?
A) Yes, worldwide delivery, various shipping options available, for example to UK: (1 x steelbook)

K-Packet is tracked and one Steelbook to UK (with a weight of 450g - which is the typical weight for a lenticular) costs $10.81.
On average it takes around 7 days after dispatch to arrive in the UK - I always use K-Packet when placing orders and my orders have always arrived safely.

I'm not sure if it's insured or not (there's no mention) but assuming you pay via PayPal, their guarantee will cover you if you don't receive your order for some reason.

You can track your K-Packet order using this website, however tracking information isn't always accurate after leaving Korea (e.g. sometimes it doesn't update again before it's delivered, or even after if your postman doesn't bother getting a signature).

EMS $21.80 (Tracked, replacement will be issued where possible if lost)
TNT Premium $37.80 (Tracked, replacement will be issued where possible if lost)

Q) What form of packing do they use?
A) Cardboard Box, with enough bubblewrap to keep things safe, see below: (Thanks to SBC28 for pics)

A pretty sturdy box, which seemingly took some damage during shipping.
(These are pretty much always the same boxes.)
kimchipackaging01.jpg

Enough space for the item to "breathe", but snug enough to stop it from moving.
(That white thing is the invoice, which i choose to include, since i am in the USA.)
kimchipackaging02.jpg

6 layers of bubble wrap.
kimchipackaging03.jpg

Another shot of the bubble wrap, one sheet (4 layers) removed.
kimchipackaging04.jpg

One minty mint SB, all the way from Korea.

Q) Is the retailer custom's friendly? (i.e will they mark as gift, or low value).
A) Very friendly, you have various options to choose from:
rsz_customs-kimchi.jpg

Q) Will the retailer charges upon order or upon shipment
A) You will be charged upon order

Q) What payment do they accept?
A) Card or Paypal

Q) Customer Services any good?
A) Yes - overall a very good, reliable site to order from.

Cancellations: Send an email to [email protected], including the number of the order you wish to cancel. He'll get back to you as soon as he can.

Replacements: are issued if in stock, if not a refund will be offered.
Refunds: They are normally processed within a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
all of you are being unnecessarily harsh on yurydalkou. it's not a moronic comment, and it doesn't sound very selfish either. This type of idea is carried out in lots of lots of industries. in fact, how is that any different from the VIP program with Blufans? If you have 12 or more Blufans exclusives, you are considered a repeat VIP customer, and you have the right to reserve 1 copy up front. all you have to do is say so.

Initially he said all exclusives. Then he said enough. It's the mentality that is being attacked here. Blufans gave ppl a chance to get enough exclusives to become a VIP member before it went into effect. That is not what is being suggested here. You were only required to have 12 exclusives and that which was close to half of the available versions that were possible.

the comment that was attacked so much on this page is when he said "if you have enough..." i don't see how it's any different. sure if it was "all" then that would suck. then again, most members do not have all them. i know i don't. so maybe what like 30 members at most have ALL kimchi exclusives. that's only 30 copies. even that is not really a big deal, but really no point in implementing.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
if you have enough of exclusive its fare to have a right to reserve ONE copy

Typical Blufans mentality. That's we I wasn't eligible for The Rock Boxset :( :( :(

all of you are being unnecessarily harsh on yurydalkou. it's not a moronic comment, and it doesn't sound very selfish either. This type of idea is carried out in lots of lots of industries. in fact, how is that any different from the VIP program with Blufans? If you have 12 or more Blufans exclusives, you are considered a repeat VIP customer, and you have the right to reserve 1 copy up front. all you have to do is say so.

Blufans hasn't evolved enough to let collectors purchase from them directly. It seems Blufans is a scalper-friendly company. They only sell to re-sellers, it seems.

If it weren't for the HDN-Blufans GB, I would have no interest in acquiring their exclusives. And to put a VIP program in place for people who have 12 or more of their editions is another low-caliber tactic.

Each blufans edition scalps for about $100 or more so they are just crazy for expecting you to have 12 editions. Y'all can have blufans, I'm straight. Ill do the GB through HDN, but that's about it.

#Thank goodness for Wreck & HDN!

Last edited:
Typical Blufans mentality. That's we I wasn't eligible for The Rock Boxset :( :( :(

Blufans hasn't evolved enough to let collectors purchase from them directly. It seems Blufans is a scalper-friendly company. They only sell to re-sellers, it seems.

If it weren't for the HDN-Blufans GB, I would have no interest in acquiring their exclusives. And to put a VIP program in place for people who have 12 or more of their editions is another low-caliber tactic.

Each blufans edition scalps for about $100 or more so they are just crazy for expecting you to have 12 editions. Y'all can have blufans, I'm straight. Ill do the GB through HDN, but that's about it.

#Thank goodness for Wreck & HDN!

With all respect to you dude. i feel its a very narrow minded approach. No soul on this earth stopped you from going to BR forum to sign up for GBs. I love HDN too but its not the only forum on internet with good people. There are good people elsewhere too. And I would easily rate Blufans as one of the most easiest steelbooks to acquire. You just tend to look other way and thats just plain ignorance.

And VIP program is the best thing happened with blufans(though i am not VIP)

• Helpful Post
With all respect to you dude. i feel its a very narrow minded approach. No soul on this earth stopped you from going to BR forum to sign up for GBs. I love HDN too but its not the only forum on internet with good people. There are good people elsewhere too. And I would easily rate Blufans as one of the most easiest steelbooks to acquire. You just tend to look other way and thats just plain ignorance.

And VIP program is the best thing happened with blufans(though i am not VIP)

It not the fact that I don't use the other forum, which no doubt has good people involved. What if I wasn't on HDN? How would I buy their exclusives then? From scalpers on eBay, right???????

THE POINT IS: Blufans doesn't sell to me directly. So automatically, I'm not a customer of Blufans. They don't want me as a customer, because they won't sell to me.

THE ONLY NARROW MINDED PARTY involved is Blufans, because THEY WONT SELL TO THEIR FANS!

I'm sorry Brody, but to me that is freak'n ridiculous. They really don't want my money because they won't let me pay them. I have to pay someone else.

No further questions your honor. (Walks away)

It not the fact that I don't use the other forum, which no doubt has good people involved. What if I wasn't on HDN? How would I buy their exclusives then? From scalpers on eBay, right???????

THE POINT IS: Blufans doesn't sell to me directly. So automatically, I'm not a customer of Blufans. They don't want me as a customer, because they won't sell to me.

THE ONLY NARROW MINDED PARTY involved is Blufans, because THEY WONT SELL TO THEIR FANS!

I'm sorry Brody, but to me that is freak'n ridiculous. They really don't want my money because they won't let me pay them. I have to pay someone else.

Technically, you could then say the same thing about Futureshop, Target, FNAC. If I want steel from any of these I have to join a GB.

Fyi, finally got reply from Tony. I can't beleieve that someone said you have to be nice with Tony to get reply.

On my 3rd or 4th email i was kinda vent my frustation but never got a reply. After taking some suggestions from fellow ninjas I kinda praised about his website and recent steelbook releases from Kimchi on my last email. Guess what , I got a reply within few minutes :).

Tony did say they are still investigating about her orders and he will get back to me. Lets see what happens.

They werent selling to you directly previously as well. They were using HDN for GB. With that point I think you should boycott everyone from Futureshop to ES or HDzeta since they are not selling to you directly.

I respect you dude and I am just trying to help you clear some misconceptions. And this is the second time I am trying as I remember. Really just upto you know if you see the point. Goodluck

• Helpful Post
They werent selling to you directly previously as well. They were using HDN for GB. With that point I think you should boycott everyone from Futureshop to ES or HDzeta since they are not selling to you directly.

I respect you dude and I am just trying to help you clear some misconceptions. And this is the second time I am trying as I remember. Really just upto you know if you see the point. Goodluck

I feel ya, bro. I appreciate you pointing out the ways I could acquire these editions using other channels, and what not. It just seems a lot of hassle, ya know?

I would compare HDZeta to Blufans. But I see how it's works out the same way with the larger retailers like FS & BB & Target.

Anyway, glad I got in on the GB for Blufans marvel editions, it was the first GB I ever signed up for...

My order for Iron man Kimchidvd was shipped on the 1st December.
last tracking update says Flight number : AF267
that was on the 2nd december, so 18 days and nothing, any advice ladies and gentleman?
thanks

Same here but I would wait until mid of Jan before contacting him.

Still no refund for My Dallas Buyers Club order that was cancelled on 5th Dec. Tony says refund has been issued, check with the bank. Bank says they haven't received any. So as a last resort option had to dispute the transaction and notified Tony about this as well. Now I have to post a letter to the bank to justify the dispute claim. What a headache.

Also no reply to my email on the damaged Iron Man Steelbook. Patience is virtue but that is now being pushed to the limits. I bet half of the Iron Mans have issues but not many are going to complain as they are not going to open anyways.

I hope your kidding lol

no i am not. i know one guy who started to collect kimchi after seventh release and he managed to collect them all. there was no luck. just pure desire to get them all. I also missed some titles and i DID my best to find then.

I am sure that there are not many people who has all of kimchi exclusives. I don't see any harm done if 20 copies out of 2000 will be reserved

An incredibly selfish and quite frankly ridiculous idea. I'm glad you're not running Kimchi or any other business for that matter.

Kinda pleased this has been put back, as it gives me more chance of being able to get one. The HMV copy will do for now.

This idea is not really selfish. I would say 50/50. We fought to get all the previous releases. Some of members here were with kimchi from the first exclusive release. Then kimchi became so popular so other people, not collectors, start to make money on it. With a limit of 1 copy per member you still can see on eBay preorder of 10 copies of some titles. How come i don't know. So i guess i have a right to ASK to reserve ONE copy for my collection.

You have every right to ask, but that doesn't stop it from being selfish as I already stated. You fought to get it? Was there a pitched battle where only the strongest survived, or did you just click on a website button and purchase one? The problem of scalping is something we can both agree on, but reserving copies for people who have 'entire' collections won't help one bit.

Reactions: LucasEatWorld
I've never understood the desire to have an 'entire collection' anyway - the reason I only have 9 Blufans steelbooks and 11 Kimchi is because I have no interest in any of the other films they've done.

Therefore I'll never be a VIP for either, but I'm not buying a load of mediocre films just to get it.

Reactions: augustus
Kimchi and Blufans do bring out great titles sometimes for films were not liking or interested in, but when we see their design and quality it's hard to resist as we are completely blown away by them. But yeah you dont have to complete an entire collection from these if you do not feel the need but it's truly depending on the collectors desire and need... [emoji41]

Hi
can anyone help with the tracking for a Kimchi parcel
my previous parcels have all started RE and ended KR
however the one for my Dallas buyers club starts PEKR and i cant find a site that will track it. all say its not a recognised number.
does anyone know a site that will track it, or do i have an invalid tracking number
thanks

Reactions: Thelite13