Kingsman: The Secret Service (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 4) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: March 10, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Lenticular - One Click - Pre-order on February 3 at 8 PM (HKT, GMT+8)
Price: $38.99 (Individual Editions) - $155.96 (One Click)
Notes: 2500 numbered copies, for both domestic and international markets. Orders limited to 2 Copies for Single Edition and 1 Set for One Click.
HDN Group Buy: hosted by Aniv

16298867_1282901405153298_2686812020018062175_n.jpg 16266259_1282901401819965_5090072158226925119_n.jpg 16265780_1282902025153236_1193039865573921223_n.jpg 16195508_1282901435153295_1660599155664106368_n.jpg 16174745_1282901321819973_8770947196031108265_n.jpg 16114016_1282901331819972_5827585758419610361_n.jpg
Full Slip A: Numbered 301 to 600
Full Slip B: Numbered 301 to 700
Lenticular Full Slip: Numbered 301 to 900
Lenticular Magnet Quarter Slip (with One Click Only): Numbered 1 to 400
One Click: Numbered 1 to 400

Goodies:

- Full sized Glossy Booklet, Photo Card(5ea), Character Card(7ea) Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker(Faux Leather with Gold Foil Stamping) + Exclusive Lenticular Sticker + Spec Sheet
5. Effects
- Full Slip A: Spot Glossy + Spot Holofoil + Spot Gold Foil + Embossing
- Full Slip B: Glossy Logo Pattern background + Spot Glossy + Spot Gold Foil + Embossing
- Lenticular Full Slip(PET) - Full Sided Lenticular Full Slip with 3D+Depth and Color changing spine
- Lenticular Magnet Quarter Slip - 3D+Depth Lenticular (Frame Size) + Spot Gold Foil + Glossy + Embossing
- Leather Box - High Quality Faux Leather + Gold Foil Logo Stamping + Black Velvet finish inside + Magnet Door
IMG_0777.JPG
16300024_1284063521703753_1924971369273890317_o.jpg

Last edited:
I Love this movie so much happy we get a WEA for it and from Manta !!! Looking forward very much to the Sequel !
Still Love my FAC edition though, Love that WWA Steel and that Flip Flop Lenti ! Also Love the Japanese Digibook Edition, what a nice one :drool:

...Can't wait to add the Manta one to join my others :thumbs: ...Love the Back art of that 1/4 Slip such a nice choice of a Kick-Ass artwork :oohyeah:

Oh this is Cool so much excitement :D

Only 5 days from Hong Kong to Illinois via standard shipping. Not too shabby!

This is a perfect example of a white steelbook done right. They laid down a thick layer of white paint to provide a solid, striking base and then applied the other colors as an additional layer on top (then gloss over that). Painting it this way gives the top layer/layers a subtle, almost embossed effect, which I think looks superb. :drool:

I took some up close shots of the finish to show you the effect. Sure is a glossy bugger!
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.JPG 7.jpg

Last edited:
The one-click box is also of quality. The magnets that secure the flap are strong and make the lid close with a nice snap, and the overall finish of the cardboard has a nice texture in hand.

I haven't had a chance to open all the steels yet, but I did crack open the lenti. Like the box, it looks and feels quite nice in hand. Perhaps not as heavy as a chunky, card stock full slip, but it will not be mistaken for a standard PET slip by any means. The lenti effect itself doesn't bowl me over--especially compared to Manta's past offerings--but it's still solid. All of the blank space around the artwork limits the lenticular to some degree, which I think was mentioned way back when the first lenti samples were published.

One thing I hadn't seen confirmed before (I may have missed it), is the back of the PET lenti is also a lenticular image. The effect is minimal, as it's only 2-3 layers, but combined with the red/gold transition on the spine, it makes for a rather novel, solid looking slip all-round. :thumbs:
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG

Last edited:
Cool pics. Cracking set. That reflection shows why Gloss is king.

Wait a minute..shame it is NOT matte which can make gloss Steels look shite lol.
Thanks! I'll try to post the other slips this evening if time allows.

I guess my love affair with Manta continues--eBay prices be damned! :rofl:

Reactions: lgans316
Only 5 days from Hong Kong to Illinois via standard shipping. Not too shabby!

This is a perfect example of a white steelbook done right. They laid down a thick layer of white paint to provide a solid, striking base and then applied the other colors as an additional layer on top (then gloss over that). Painting it this way gives the top layer/layers an almost embossed effect, which I think looks superb. :drool:

I took some up close shots of the finish to show you the effect. Sure is a glossy bugger!
View attachment 304550 View attachment 304551 View attachment 304552 View attachment 304553 View attachment 304554 View attachment 304555 View attachment 304556
Thanks for sharing your pic's @misformatt the steelbook look's sweet as nut :thumbs:

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: misformatt
The one-click box is also of quality. The magnets that secure the flap are strong and make the lid close with a nice snap, and the overall finish of the cardboard has a nice texture in hand.

I haven't had a chance to open all the steels yet, but I did crack open the lenti. Like the box, it looks and feels quite nice in hand. Perhaps not as heavy as a chunky, card stock full slip, but it will not be mistaken for a standard PET slip by any means. The lenti effect itself doesn't bowl me over--especially compared to Manta's past offerings--but it's still solid. All of the blank space around the artwork limits the lenticular to some degree, which I think was mentioned way back when the first lenti samples were published.

One thing I hadn't seen confirmed before (I may have missed it), is the back of the PET lenti is also a lenticular image. The effect is minimal, as it's only 2-3 layers, but combined with the red/gold transition on the spine, it makes for a rather novel, solid looking slip all-round. :thumbs:
View attachment 304558 View attachment 304559 View attachment 304560 View attachment 304561 View attachment 304562 View attachment 304563 View attachment 304564
Thanks for the pics @misformatt! I didn't realise the lenti Slip had a lenticular image on the back! Looks great!:D

Hold on, hold on!

The back of the lenti slip is a lenti too?
A double sided lenti?

I was aware of the spine but I did not know the back was lenticular too!! Cool

I'm pretty sure they never stated that.... A nice surprise

Hold on, hold on!

The back of the lenti slip is a lenti too?
A double sided lenti?

I was aware of the spine but I did not know the back was lenticular too!! Cool

I'm pretty sure they never stated that.... A nice surprise
Yep it was a surprise to me aswell. I don't believe they ever mentioned it. I'm glad I picked the Lenti version!:)

Yep it was a surprise to me aswell. I don't believe they ever mentioned it. I'm glad I picked the Lenti version!:)

Me too

I wasn't impressed with the mock at first and the fact it was more like a PET but I liked the rest of the package and steel. Suppose it's more unique than usual and happy I went for it now.

Still can't work out how they have made a lenti on a PET style slip though,
looking forward to working that one out when I get it lol

I was able to snap a few pics of the other slips. Artificial light isn't great, but not much I can do about that at the moment. ;)
1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG
I think the holofoil was tastefully done here, and it's not at all overpowering in hand. All the trim bits are gold foil, which looks quite sharp against the black background. The characters are embossed on both the front and back. Also of note is the glossed panel on the rear cover that contains the characters is raised a bit from the surface of the slip. It looks like it has been applied as a thick layer of spot gloss across the entire panel. It gives the slip some extra heft and just makes the whole package appear a bit more top shelf (imo).

1.JPG 2.JPG IMG_2493.JPG IMG_2494.JPG IMG_2495.JPG IMG_2496.JPG IMG_2500.JPG IMG_2501.JPG IMG_2503.JPG IMG_2504.JPG
Honestly, this was the slip I was least excited to get my hands on, as I found the artwork a bit boring. Having it in hand though...wow! What a difference a proper finish can make. :drool:

Every inch of the slip that isn't spot glossed features the lightly embossed Kingsman logo pattern, and--I must say--to hold it is to love it. The premium finish just exudes quality. Much like the other full slip, the spot gloss here is copious and thickly applied. I still think the artwork is a bit on the safe side, but you couldn't ask for a better finished slip. :cigar: