Kingsman: The Secret Service (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Exclusive No. 4) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: March 10, 2017
Purchase links: Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Lenticular - One Click - Pre-order on February 3 at 8 PM (HKT, GMT+8)
Price: $38.99 (Individual Editions) - $155.96 (One Click)
Notes: 2500 numbered copies, for both domestic and international markets. Orders limited to 2 Copies for Single Edition and 1 Set for One Click.
HDN Group Buy: hosted by Aniv

16298867_1282901405153298_2686812020018062175_n.jpg 16266259_1282901401819965_5090072158226925119_n.jpg 16265780_1282902025153236_1193039865573921223_n.jpg 16195508_1282901435153295_1660599155664106368_n.jpg 16174745_1282901321819973_8770947196031108265_n.jpg 16114016_1282901331819972_5827585758419610361_n.jpg
Full Slip A: Numbered 301 to 600
Full Slip B: Numbered 301 to 700
Lenticular Full Slip: Numbered 301 to 900
Lenticular Magnet Quarter Slip (with One Click Only): Numbered 1 to 400
One Click: Numbered 1 to 400

Goodies:

- Full sized Glossy Booklet, Photo Card(5ea), Character Card(7ea) Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker(Faux Leather with Gold Foil Stamping) + Exclusive Lenticular Sticker + Spec Sheet
5. Effects
- Full Slip A: Spot Glossy + Spot Holofoil + Spot Gold Foil + Embossing
- Full Slip B: Glossy Logo Pattern background + Spot Glossy + Spot Gold Foil + Embossing
- Lenticular Full Slip(PET) - Full Sided Lenticular Full Slip with 3D+Depth and Color changing spine
- Lenticular Magnet Quarter Slip - 3D+Depth Lenticular (Frame Size) + Spot Gold Foil + Glossy + Embossing
- Leather Box - High Quality Faux Leather + Gold Foil Logo Stamping + Black Velvet finish inside + Magnet Door
IMG_0777.JPG
16300024_1284063521703753_1924971369273890317_o.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful pictures and great review(s), thank you very much @misformatt

The only thing I don't like is the offset between embossing and print at the front of Full Slip B (worst at Eggsy's head):

View attachment 304659

Apart from that, Kingsman really does look like Manta's best release so far. The steelbook turned out especially lovely. Thanks again for the detailed pictures!
No problem! And thank you for reminding me of the offset, as I meant to address it in my initial post, but was a bit strapped for time.

As others have pointed out, the offset on Iggy's head just looks really off due to the white hat disappearing in the glare, but there is a slight offset along the top of their heads. The thickness of the gloss exaggerates it a bit when it catches the light, and it almost looks intentional from some angles (see pics below). The reason I say this is because the gloss is dead on in every other area (even the tiny, intricate bits) except for the top edges of the characters' heads, and it almost makes me wonder if it wasn't offset ever so slightly to intentionally to add a sense of depth with the thicker gloss. I guess we'll have to wait and see as others take delivery of their copies.

Here are some more typical angles of slip B (in daylight!) to compare to my last set:
IMG_2506.JPG IMG_2509.JPG IMG_2517.JPG IMG_2519.JPG IMG_2523.JPG IMG_2525.JPG IMG_2530.JPG

And last but not least, the quarter slip:
1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG
The lenti on this is superb. Tons of great depth and the colors really pop. Whereas the PET lenti suffers a bit from the limitations of its artwork and (I assume) medium, this heavy weight magnet is classic Manta lenti all the way. The front of the quarter slip, with its gold foil and 'bossing, is really sharp. The back is flat and glossy and the image is rich and sharp, but is otherwise featureless (hard to top Manta's own Deadpool 1/4 slip, which had an embossed rear :whistle:).

And yes, the lenti image does match up with the steelbook image when viewed from the center-left angle. :photo: :rofl:

BONUS SHOTS:

The inside of slip B has a gold foil line that extends all the way around the inside of the slip. It's subtle, but a nice touch nonetheless.
IMG_2532.JPG IMG_2533.JPG
Speaking of subtle, I've already mentioned the small highlights in the paint of the steelbook itself, but I just noticed the effect on the glass/ice on the rear of the steel and thought I'd throw in a couple more shots for good measure. The effect is obviously better in hand, but here's a bit of a preview for those still waiting on their copies:
FullSizeRender.jpg FullSizeRender_1.jpg

Lovely, just lovely - thanks again, and also for the explanation regarding the erroneously assumed offset @misformatt :thumbs:
I wasn't thinking about his hat when I was typing my earlier comment.

Which is your favorite edition? My guess is it's the 1/4 Slip?

• Thanks
Reactions: misformatt
Lovely, just lovely - thanks again, and also for the explanation regarding the erroneously assumed offset @misformatt :thumbs:
I wasn't thinking about his hat when I was typing my earlier comment.

Which is your favorite edition? My guess is it's the 1/4 Slip?
Sure! And just to clarify, (hat aside) you were spot on catching the offset! Whether or not the offset was intentional, I guess we'll have to wait and see. :whistle:

As for my favorite slip...I can't decide. They all have their merits. I think if I were a bigger quarter slip fan, I'd probably go for that. As it stands, I love a good lenti or full slip! The double-sided PET lenti is certainly novel, and slickly done all-round, but suffers slightly due to the limitations of the material. I absolutely love the cover of slip A, but prefer the back art of slip B. The group shot on the front of slip B doesn't do much for me, but how can I ignore that textured finish!?

It's a tough decision, but in the end, I have to go with the full box set. :woot:

Bonus shot of all the stickers before I hand them over to my kids!
FullSizeRender (1).jpg

Received my PET Lenti today and swiftly undressed it :hungry: The SteelBook is f*cking awesome and the only reason I went for Manta's given I still love and cherish my FAC/WWA steel :drool: Never letting go of that! :stop::naughty:

The lenti slip is slightly underwhelming though IMO. The effect on the front is good, but not fantastic and the back as @misformatt mentioned is limited to a rather simple and sub-par Lenti effect. Saying that, no-one knew till late on the back was going to be a Lenti as well so this could be seen as a positive nonetheless :)

Once opened, the slip feels super light and fairly thin which I didn't really know what to expect given this is totally new territory Manta have dragged me into :p Very innovative, it's literally made and crafted from 100% Lenticular PET material! :wow: Made me feel wary of sliding the opened steel back into the slip as that's a sure cry for surface scratches :ohno: Manta should have invested in some Revenant Leather-style velvet interior to help with that ;)

Conclusion: SteelBook is the real winner here and I think my favourite would be the 1/4 slip :naughty:

...I still love and cherish my FAC/WWA steel :drool: Never letting go of that! :stop::naughty:

I Feel the same Mate :thumbs:

But I am still exciting to get in hands my Boxset. But Upon your observation I might Keep sealed the Lenticular Edition and also Fullslip A.
I will Undress Fullslip B and 1/4 Slip as I am Obsessed by that slip as it looks like high Quality 1/4 slip :drool:

I do love still the WWA Steelbook but I cannot wait to have this WEA Steel to go along with its WWA Brother :rofl:

Steelbook looks so Yummy I am getting Impatient :bored:

No problem! And thank you for reminding me of the offset, as I meant to address it in my initial post, but was a bit strapped for time.

As others have pointed out, the offset on Iggy's head just looks really off due to the white hat disappearing in the glare, but there is a slight offset along the top of their heads. The thickness of the gloss exaggerates it a bit when it catches the light, and it almost looks intentional from some angles (see pics below). The reason I say this is because the gloss is dead on in every other area (even the tiny, intricate bits) except for the top edges of the characters' heads, and it almost makes me wonder if it wasn't offset ever so slightly to intentionally to add a sense of depth with the thicker gloss. I guess we'll have to wait and see as others take delivery of their copies.

Here are some more typical angles of slip B (in daylight!) to compare to my last set:
View attachment 304728 View attachment 304729 View attachment 304730 View attachment 304731 View attachment 304732 View attachment 304733 View attachment 304734

:coffee:The white Full slip is awesome specially the back, but if only their was no character present in the front, a kind of logo maybe:whistle:, that would have been a WIN:joy::thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: misformatt
Received my PET Lenti today and swiftly undressed it :hungry: The SteelBook is f*cking awesome and the only reason I went for Manta's given I still love and cherish my FAC/WWA steel :drool: Never letting go of that! :stop::naughty:

The lenti slip is slightly underwhelming though IMO. The effect on the front is good, but not fantastic and the back as @misformatt mentioned is limited to a rather simple and sub-par Lenti effect. Saying that, no-one knew till late on the back was going to be a Lenti as well so this could be seen as a positive nonetheless :)

Once opened, the slip feels super light and fairly thin which I didn't really know what to expect given this is totally new territory Manta have dragged me into :p Very innovative, it's literally made and crafted from 100% Lenticular PET material! :wow: Made me feel wary of sliding the opened steel back into the slip as that's a sure cry for surface scratches :ohno: Manta should have invested in some Revenant Leather-style velvet interior to help with that ;)

Conclusion: SteelBook is the real winner here and I think my favourite would be the 1/4 slip :naughty:

I'm getting slightly worried about the lenti version, I love depth in my lentis and I feel I won't be satisfied with this.
Hopefully will receive it soon and I won't be dissaponted. I know I'll be happy with the steel, that just looks incredible

• Thanks
Reactions: Mickle_89
I'm getting slightly worried about the lenti version, I love depth in my lentis and I feel I won't be satisfied with this.
Hopefully will receive it soon and I won't be dissaponted. I know I'll be happy with the steel, that just looks incredible
I love a good bit of depth too :naughty::LOL::D But yes, I'm not 100% satisfied with my choice buddy :dunno: I prefer a bulkier or at least thicker/sturdier slip to house my steelbooks. I also like texture and variation in finishes opposed to a flat plastic material. I don't wish to sway your opinion and will be interested to know what you make of it once received ;)

Maybe my expectations were set too high but I went with the Lenti as it was unique and the changing colour spine sounded interesting but I've learnt different doesn't always = good (or amazing as I expected this to be...). I wasn't immediately drawn to either of the Fullslip's either so I'm just glad the Steelbook is a perfect :D:cigar:

I love a good bit of depth too :naughty::LOL::D But yes, I'm not 100% satisfied with my choice buddy :dunno: I prefer a bulkier or at least thicker/sturdier slip to house my steelbooks. I also like texture and variation in finishes opposed to a flat plastic material. I don't wish to sway your opinion and will be interested to know what you make of it once received ;)

Maybe my expectations were set too high but I went with the Lenti as it was unique and the changing colour spine sounded interesting but I've learnt different doesn't always = good (or amazing as I expected this to be...). I wasn't immediately drawn to either of the Fullslip's either so I'm just glad the Steelbook is a perfect :D:cigar:

:naughty: Are you saying what im thinking :smuggrin:

Yeah I also prefer bulkier thicker slips/ lenti slips and yeah also a sucker for textures even though the majority of my premiums are lentis but still the full slips I do own are because I either preferred the image to the lenti and/ or photos of the slip textures and finishes won me over (for instance facs Ted 2 flash editon wowed me so I had to get it - still can't believe that wasn't nominated in the full slip category)

I was also let down by the original full slip beauty shots and although I wasn't massively impressed with the lenti and I was dissaponted they were using a PET knowing it would be thinner than usual and less sturdy I still went for it because it was different - I was interested to see how a lenti would work on a PET, but like you say different Isn't always better.

I genuinely wasn't impressed with the design for the revenant leather slip when they released beauty shots even though before we see the images I was emailing them asking them to sell it seperately because originally it was only for the one click. I was annoyed it was the WWA steel art on brown faux leather

It does look a bit better in the actual pics from members and I would possibly consider it if I see it for a decent price but I'm still not won over by it and I'm still convinced people love it because it is different and not because of the actual design (that's just my opinion so please I can't be bothered with people telling me I'm wrong lol)
Although the inside looks nice, warm and soft ;):LOL:

And I'm still not digging the art chosen for the full slips, yeah the photos are nice and the finishes on both especially the White slip are amazing detail but I'm still not sold by the actual art. Again just my opinion
so it was a tough choice this time around and my instinct chose lenti regardless of my dissapointment of knowing it would be thinner than usual and the material used, and I love a PET as you know but only really as a cool extra to put around a titleless WWA art.

But the rest of the package won me over so hopefully when I get it I do love the lenti, and the back is a nice surprise even if it's not a great standard of lenti like you and Missformat are saying and I suppose the spine and rest is part of the gimmick so I really hope I'm happy with it

Maybe it will arrive tomorrow if guys and gals from the uk are already getting theirs. I'll let you know what I think