Waxwork Records Léon: The Professional - OST by Eric Serra (colored Vinyl)

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Release Date: 26, August 2016
Link: Waxwork Records
Price: 35 USD

Note: First time on vinyl, 2xLP 180 gram, “Gunmetal” with Black Splatter Vinyl / “Upper East Side Splatter” Tan with Black Splatter Colored Vinyl, Heavyweight Old-Style Tip-On Gatefold Jacket with Soft Touch Coating, Artwork By Oliver Barrett

Upper_East_Side_Web_FINAL.jpg
Gun_Metal_Package_3_web_FINAL.jpg

The_Professional_Cover_Web.jpg

Upper_East_Side_b_FINAL.jpg

Gun_Metal_Package_2_web_FINAL.jpg

professional_back_cover_web_FINAL.jpg

Waxwork Records is thrilled to announce the film score debut of Léon: The Professional on deluxe vinyl. The 1994 action-crime-thriller film directed by Luc Besson (The Fifth Element,Lucy) stars Jean Reno, Gary Oldman, and features the motion picture debut of Natalie Portman. In the film, Léon (Reno), a professional hitman, reluctantly takes in 12-year-old Mathilda (Portman), after her family is murdered by corrupt Drug Enforcement Administration agent, Norman Stansfield (Oldman). Léon and Mathilda form an unusual relationship, as she becomes his protégée and learns the hitman's trade.

Waxwork Records’ new double-LP release marks the very first time the film score by composer Éric Serra has been released on vinyl. Combining both electronic and orchestral cues, Serra creates a score that is tense, yet beautiful, which compliments the film’s action sequences and the childhood innocence of Mathilda.

In keeping with Waxwork Records’ tireless efforts to create the highest quality soundtrack and film score releases on vinyl, the audio for Léon: The Professional was sourced from the original master tapes and then re-mastered for vinyl by producer and former White Zombie guitarist, J. Yuenger. The packaging includes 180 gram colored vinyl, heavyweight old-style tip on jackets with soft-touch coating, and new artwork by Oliver Barrett.

Léon: The Professional is available in two variants:

• 2 x LP 180 Gram “Gunmetal” with Black Splatter Vinyl

• Complete Score On Vinyl For The First Time Ever

• Heavyweight Old-Style Tip-On Gatefold Jacket with Soft Touch Coating

• Sourced From The Original Masters

• Artwork By Oliver Barrett

• 2 x LP 180 Gram “Upper East Side Splatter” Tan with Black Splatter Colored Vinyl

• Complete Score On Vinyl For The First Time, Ever

• Heavyweight Old-Style Tip-On Gatefold Jacket with Soft Touch Coating

• Sourced From The Original Masters

• Artwork By Oliver Barrett

Track List:

Side A

A1. Noon

A2. Cute Name

A3. Ballad For Mathilda

A4. What’s Happening Out There?

A5. A Bird In New York

A6. She Is Dead

Side B

B1. Fatman

B2. Leon The Cleaner

B3. Can I Have A Word With You?

B4. The Game Is Over

B5. Feel The Breath

B6. Room 4602

Side C

C1. Very Special Delivery

C2. When Leon Does His Best

C3. Back On The Crime Scene

C4. Birds Of Storm

C5. Tony the IBM

C6. How Do You Know It’s Love?

Side D

D1. The Fight (Part 1: The Swat Squad)

D2. The Fight (Part 2: Bring Me Everyone)

D3. The Fight (Part 3: The Big Weapon)

D4. The Fight (Part 4: One Is Alive)

D5. Two Ways Out

Last edited:
I've been checking their Twitter every 10-20 mins throughout the day for updates, but so far they've posted nothing to say that it's now on sale... thankfully I decided to check in on HDN and saw the posts saying it was live (many thanks for the tag @martinouchou, although I didn't get the alert for some reason).

I was almost 30 mins late, but still managed to order. :D

I appreciate the heads-up, man. Hopefully this stays in stock for a while until I can get it.

How many days you need to wait?

I've been checking their Twitter every 10-20 mins throughout the day for updates, but so far they've posted nothing to say that it's now on sale... thankfully I decided to check in on HDN and saw the posts saying it was live (many thanks for the tag @martinouchou, although I didn't get the alert for some reason).

I also didn't received notifications for some tags the last days. Found them when I was browsing through the forums ..

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and Noodles
I also didn't received notifications for some tags the last days. Found them when I was browsing through the forums ..
Same here mate... I came across one just the other day from a week ago! I know they don't work if you edit them in to an existing post though, so maybe that's why we didn't get an alert from Martin's tags.

• Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo and dan8885
Oh I didn't knew that. I edit a lot and tag ninjas. Good to know! Thank you!
Yeah, I think Andy mentioned it once and then I kind of forgot about it until recently... so obviously it's best to just make a new post with your tags if you forgot to add them in your previous comment. :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885 and Flloydo

For some reason I had a feeling they wouldn't tweet or say anything about it beeing available online, so I just checked their website every 15-20 minutes or so ^^

Same here mate... I came across one just the other day from a week ago! I know they don't work if you edit them in to an existing post though, so maybe that's why we didn't get an alert from Martin's tags.
Oh I didn't knew ! I do this a lot.. Next time yeah I'll delete and repost my post.. Sorry ^^

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and dan8885
For some reason I had a feeling they wouldn't tweet or say anything about it beeing available online, so I just checked their website every 15-20 minutes or so ^^

Oh I didn't knew ! I do this a lot.. Next time yeah I'll delete and repost my post.. Sorry ^^
No need to apologise dude... the thought was there and tag was still really appreciated! At least you know for next time now. :)

Do I need to write anything in special instructions? @Noodles
I usually just use that space to ask if they can mark the package low to avoid customs, but I think they do that anyway. ;)

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885 and Flloydo
No need to apologise dude... the thought was there and tag was still really appreciated! At least you know for next time now. :)

I usually just use that space to ask if they can mark the package low to avoid customs, but I think they do that anyway. ;)

I'm being such an idiot. Just got in and on wifi so I can use PayPal without issues and I'm not sure where you pay for shipping

I checked out with PayPal and it's just giving me the amount to pay for the vinyl

Any suggestions mate?

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I'm being such an idiot. Just got in and on wifi so I can use PayPal without issues and I'm not sure where you pay for shipping

I checked out with PayPal and it's just giving me the amount to pay for the vinyl

Any suggestions mate?

This is because you check out with Paypal only. You need to checkout through the website with adding your address and everything.

• Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Noodles and Flloydo
This is because you check out with Paypal only. You need to checkout through the website with adding your address and everything.

Can I not check out with PayPal at all then?
It still has my address on deliver to

• Thanks
Reactions: dan8885

Any suggestions mate?

Can I not check out with PayPal at all then?
It still has my address on deliver to

Ignore me @dan8885 the next page adds the shipping lol

Finally ordered. Think that's the most I've spent on a vinyl now.
Just under £45
Haha I went through the exact same confusion when I first ordered from them... I spent about 5 mins going back and forth trying to figure out what I'd missed, until I eventually got fed up and decided to just try checking out without shipping, only to then realise it was on the very last page. :LOL:

Congrats on ordering mate! Hopefully we won't be too disappointed once they arrived, which I'm sure we won't. :D