Waxwork Records Léon: The Professional - OST by Eric Serra (colored Vinyl)

dan8885

Premium Supporter
Feb 23, 2014
CGN|GER
Release Date: 26, August 2016
Link: Waxwork Records
Price: 35 USD

Note: First time on vinyl, 2xLP 180 gram, “Gunmetal” with Black Splatter Vinyl / “Upper East Side Splatter” Tan with Black Splatter Colored Vinyl, Heavyweight Old-Style Tip-On Gatefold Jacket with Soft Touch Coating, Artwork By Oliver Barrett

Upper_East_Side_Web_FINAL.jpg
Gun_Metal_Package_3_web_FINAL.jpg

The_Professional_Cover_Web.jpg

Upper_East_Side_b_FINAL.jpg

Gun_Metal_Package_2_web_FINAL.jpg

professional_back_cover_web_FINAL.jpg

Waxwork Records is thrilled to announce the film score debut of Léon: The Professional on deluxe vinyl. The 1994 action-crime-thriller film directed by Luc Besson (The Fifth Element,Lucy) stars Jean Reno, Gary Oldman, and features the motion picture debut of Natalie Portman. In the film, Léon (Reno), a professional hitman, reluctantly takes in 12-year-old Mathilda (Portman), after her family is murdered by corrupt Drug Enforcement Administration agent, Norman Stansfield (Oldman). Léon and Mathilda form an unusual relationship, as she becomes his protégée and learns the hitman's trade.

Waxwork Records’ new double-LP release marks the very first time the film score by composer Éric Serra has been released on vinyl. Combining both electronic and orchestral cues, Serra creates a score that is tense, yet beautiful, which compliments the film’s action sequences and the childhood innocence of Mathilda.

In keeping with Waxwork Records’ tireless efforts to create the highest quality soundtrack and film score releases on vinyl, the audio for Léon: The Professional was sourced from the original master tapes and then re-mastered for vinyl by producer and former White Zombie guitarist, J. Yuenger. The packaging includes 180 gram colored vinyl, heavyweight old-style tip on jackets with soft-touch coating, and new artwork by Oliver Barrett.

Léon: The Professional is available in two variants:

• 2 x LP 180 Gram “Gunmetal” with Black Splatter Vinyl

• Complete Score On Vinyl For The First Time Ever

• Heavyweight Old-Style Tip-On Gatefold Jacket with Soft Touch Coating

• Sourced From The Original Masters

• Artwork By Oliver Barrett

• 2 x LP 180 Gram “Upper East Side Splatter” Tan with Black Splatter Colored Vinyl

• Complete Score On Vinyl For The First Time, Ever

• Heavyweight Old-Style Tip-On Gatefold Jacket with Soft Touch Coating

• Sourced From The Original Masters

• Artwork By Oliver Barrett

Track List:

Side A

A1. Noon

A2. Cute Name

A3. Ballad For Mathilda

A4. What’s Happening Out There?

A5. A Bird In New York

A6. She Is Dead

Side B

B1. Fatman

B2. Leon The Cleaner

B3. Can I Have A Word With You?

B4. The Game Is Over

B5. Feel The Breath

B6. Room 4602

Side C

C1. Very Special Delivery

C2. When Leon Does His Best

C3. Back On The Crime Scene

C4. Birds Of Storm

C5. Tony the IBM

C6. How Do You Know It’s Love?

Side D

D1. The Fight (Part 1: The Swat Squad)

D2. The Fight (Part 2: Bring Me Everyone)

D3. The Fight (Part 3: The Big Weapon)

D4. The Fight (Part 4: One Is Alive)

D5. Two Ways Out

Last edited:
Well that's it I've sent an email to Waxwork Records for my scratched vinyl. The 2nd disc turned out to also have this problem at the end of Face D so I went ahead and asked for replacement discs. Hopefully they will agree :)

• Helpful Post
  • Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and dan8885
Still no sign of this... I can't understand why it's taking so long, especially when other people in Europe already received theirs. Mine's apparently been in London for the past 5 days, although the tracking site often gives me errors, so I'm not even sure whether that info is right or not. I receive items quicker from Asia! :bored:

• Helpful Post
  • Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and dan8885
Still no sign of this... I can't understand why it's taking so long, especially when other people in Europe already received theirs. Mine's apparently been in London for the past 5 days, although the tracking site often gives me errors, so I'm not even sure whether that info is right or not. I receive items quicker from Asia! :bored:

I got the same problem with a tube of prints from Dark Hall Mansion. They're arrived on September 8 in Frankfurt and don't move :mad:

• Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo and Noodles
It's really frustrating! I can't understand why it's taking them so long. :arghh:

Mine was sent a few days later after all yours (after that weekend) so ive got even longer to wait :(

Tbh if another vinyl arrives this week I might not make it to tell the tale.

If you don't hear from me on here then you know what's happened lol

Just a warning

Just rechecked the tracking on mine and it's somehow gone from London to Canada, and is now back in Miami?! If the tracking is right and it has indeed gone back to the US, then I worry about what condition it'll arrive in... if it does arrive that is. :angry:

What does the tracking say for yours @Flloydo @Travis Bickle?

Just rechecked the tracking on mine and it's somehow gone from London to Canada, and is now back in Miami?! If the tracking is right and it has indeed gone back to the US, then I worry about what condition it'll arrive in... if it does arrive that is. :angry:

What does the tracking say for yours @Flloydo @Travis Bickle?
@Noodles God thats worrying My tracking says "Departed London Heathrow 9.59pm 12th Sept" which was Monday so was maybe hoping it would come today but nothing. Damn if they have all gone back to USA will ask for a refund as i've other stuff to pay for so could live without this as nice as it is but how could that happen?. As you said what state will they be in?

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
@Travis Bickle I've honestly no idea what's happening... whether they have actually sent it back or if it's just the USPS site that's messing up. Either way, I would've expected it to have arrived by now, so clearly something isn't quite right. :ohno:

Here's how my tracking looks at the moment mate...

tracking.jpg

Looks like they're having a game of pass the parcel. :LOL:

I think I'm going to contact Waxwork about it, because like you, I'd also rather just be refunded than messed around like this... I couldn't really afford it anyway, so the money is more important to me right now.

@Travis Bickle I've honestly no idea what's happening... whether they have actually sent it back or if it's just the USPS site that's messing up. Either way, I would've expected it to have arrived by now, so clearly something isn't quite right. :ohno:

Here's how my tracking looks at the moment mate...

View attachment 264852

Looks like they're having a game of pass the parcel. :LOL:

I think I'm going to contact Waxwork about it, because like you, I'd also rather just be refunded than messed around like this... I couldn't really afford it anyway, so the money is more important to me right now.
@Noodles Departed London 3 times :LOL:
Suppose all we can do is give it a couple more days if my tracking changes to Canada then looks like they are on their way back looks like a mix up somewhere. If this doesn't work out Norman Records UK have it up for preorder have bought from them before good packaging easy to deal with & its the same colour variant we ordered from Waxwork. If mine looks like it's heading back to USA will contact Waxworks & ask for refund.
Update* Can't find it now on Norman Records site am sure i've seen it on a uk site

Last edited:
@Noodles Departed London 3 times :LOL:
Suppose all we can do is give it a couple more days if my tracking changes to Canada then looks like they are on their way back looks like a mix up somewhere. If this doesn't work out Norman Records UK have it up for preorder have bought from them before good packaging easy to deal with & its the same colour variant we ordered from Waxwork. If mine looks like it's heading back to USA will contact Waxworks & ask for refund.
Update* Can't find it now on Norman Records site am sure i've seen it on a uk site
Haha crazy right?! :LOL:

Well, I contacted Waxwork and they replied pretty quickly... apparently it has been returned, but they won't know why until they actually receive it. They asked me if my address was correct, which it is, so I have no clue what the problem was. I'm thinking I just have bad luck with WW... they forgot to even ship out my first order with them (Taxi Driver) until I contacted them almost 2 weeks later. :rolleyes:

Hopefully you don't have any issues with yours and it arrives soon!

On preorders in the Uk 16th september
At. HMV for preorder but it doesn't say colour variant
http://store.hmv.com/music/vinyl/le...Vbj_ZCizXtfWlQYT-WAX4aAojj8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds
Found it Norman Records UK same east side splatter
https://www.normanrecords.com/records/161156-eric-serra-lon-the-professional
Thanks for the links! Hopefully it's still in stock for a while, as I can't afford it at the moment. I have a feeling it might appear on Zavvi at some point too... I wouldn't be surprised if they only stock a standard black vinyl version though, which will suck if so. (n)

Haha crazy right?! :LOL:

Well, I contacted Waxwork and they replied pretty quickly... apparently it has been returned, but they won't know why until they actually receive it. They asked me if my address was correct, which it is, so I have no clue what the problem was. I'm thinking I just have bad luck with WW... they forgot to even ship out my first order with them (Taxi Driver) until I contacted them almost 2 weeks later. :rolleyes:

Hopefully you don't have any issues with yours and it arrives soon!

Thanks for the links! Hopefully it's still in stock for a while, as I can't afford it at the moment. I have a feeling it might appear on Zavvi at some point too... I wouldn't be surprised if they only stock a standard black vinyl version though, which will suck if so. (n)
Oh Wow weird :wow: Sorry to hear that buddy well if my tracking changes then i will know mines on the way back too Wonder if it's been badly damaged in transit ? Will keep you posted with mine Nick let me know what WW say :thumbs: