Latest Album You Bought?

Sixteenvolt420

TV/Video Game/Music Mod
Premium Supporter
Oct 3, 2010
Drums, PA
Didn't see one, so i thought i'd start one, for those of us who still BUY music. I just picked this up:

Black-Sabbath-Black-Box-The-Com-285153.jpg

Last few I've purchased were:

Spoon: They Want My Soul
Jenny Lewis: The Voyager
Lambchop: Nixon
A Sunny Day In Glasgow: Sea When Absent
Owen: s/t
Parquet Courts: Sunbathing Animal

I also ordered Anathema's newest album, Distant Satellites, but it hasn't been shipped yet.

led zeppelin I, II, III deluxe double cd editions

Nice. Zeppelin is tied with Pearl Jam as my all-time favorite band, so I basically had no choice but to buy those the day they came out. :headphone:

Anyway, my latest additions consist of:

MI0003745129.jpg

(finally came in!)

MI0003747596.jpg

Been meaning to grab this one for a while...

MI0002760164.jpg

Specifically, the 2 CD/1 DVD deluxe edition from the UK.

MI0001387909.jpg

Again, the 2 disc set from the UK.

R-5687338-1399928167-4000.jpeg

I've had the 15th Anniversary Edition of American Football's s/t album on CD for a while now, and have obsessed over it for months now, so when I saw this come into the store I work at, I had to pick it up.

MI0003580268.jpg

I saw him open for Hanni El Khatib late last year, picked up his first album, GB City, at the show and loved it. I just got around to picking up his s/t follow up (just in time, too; his new album comes out in early October).

Don't buy many new albums - don't think music is as good as it used to be. Picked up a copy of Sam Smith - In The Lonely Hour recently though. Wonderful album with great, interesting vocals and some gorgeous lyrics. Songs which tell stories, which is something I like.

Don't buy many new albums - don't think music is as good as it used to be. Picked up a copy of Sam Smith - In The Lonely Hour recently though. Wonderful album with great, interesting vocals and some gorgeous lyrics. Songs which tell stories, which is something I like.

*shrug*

I've always felt that the present is, at any given time, the best era for music, since you not only have access to all the classic music from previous eras, but there's still plenty of good music out there; you just have to look for it (something that's become much easier since the prevalence of the Internet).

Anyway, I just stocked up on some CDs from Polyvinyl Records' Annual Garage Sale:

Aloha: Home Acres
Aloha: Light Works EP
Aloha: Some Echos
AM/FM: The Sky Is The New Ground EP
Asobi Seksi: Hush
Asobi Seksu: Rewolf
Asobi Seksu: Fluorescence
Audible: Sky Signal
Headlights: Kill Them With Kindness
Headlights: Wildlife
of Montreal: False Priest
of Montreal: Icons, Abstract Thee EP
of Montreal: Skeletal Lamping
of Montreal: thecontrollersphere EP
Owen: The Seaside EP

All for $2 each, not to mention with one I'm spending, I also get a free 5 CD bundle. Polyvinyl has become one of my favorite labels as of late...

*shrug*

I've always felt that the present is, at any given time, the best era for music, since you not only have access to all the classic music from previous eras, but there's still plenty of good music out there; you just have to look for it (something that's become much easier since the prevalence of the Internet).

Anyway, I just stocked up on some CDs from Polyvinyl Records' Annual Garage Sale:

Aloha: Home Acres
Aloha: Light Works EP
Aloha: Some Echos
AM/FM: The Sky Is The New Ground EP
Asobi Seksi: Hush
Asobi Seksu: Rewolf
Asobi Seksu: Fluorescence
Audible: Sky Signal
Headlights: Kill Them With Kindness
Headlights: Wildlife
of Montreal: False Priest
of Montreal: Icons, Abstract Thee EP
of Montreal: Skeletal Lamping
of Montreal: thecontrollersphere EP
Owen: The Seaside EP

All for $2 each, not to mention with one I'm spending, I also get a free 5 CD bundle. Polyvinyl has become one of my favorite labels as of late...
Oh yeah, I totally agree with what your saying about access to music from yesteryears. I guess what I mean is the younger artists that are coming through today on the whole seem alot weaker & I dont hear many new songs which I think will be considered 'classics' in years to come. Of course there are a few exceptions to this. I couldn't agree with you more though about the access there is to music now :)