Status
Not open for further replies.

wxlinkswd

泽田
Premium Supporter
Feb 1, 2011
China
HDzeta Exclusive Blu-ray SteelBook Collector Edition Gold Label Series
Lawrence of Arabia Blu-ray SteelBook 2 Discs Edition (BD50+BD25)
First 1000 copies with the full slipcase+5postcards+numbered card+exclusive stickers,but another copies without

350-400 available-limited to 2/person.

Group Buy CLOSED.-PM your hub leader about your shipment (see group buy thread).

2nd group buy for 1/4 slip version is CLOSED.

Release date: 20th August, 2013
Release Price: 62 USD (includes shipping to 'Hub' in respective area.
Pre-order: about at the end of June - CLOSED
Notes: Embossed title, debossed border, region-free disc
pics:

picture.php

HDzeta got the all final sample from factory at yesterday,update the pics for everybody!
Release date would be at 20th Aug

picture.php

picture.php

Attachments

• LoA-1-CN.jpg
    LoA-1-CN.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 780
Last edited by a moderator:
i decided not to hesitate any longer, and join in the first group buy ever. i'm a bit excited about it, but dont want to regret it later if i miss this.

and what i've learned from collecting vinyl records over the years: label no. #01 always becomes one of the most sought-after and rare ones after some time. ;)

See... for me, the text is just a distraction and detraction from the artwork of the movie itself. This movie has nothing to do with Chinese/Korean/Japanese anything. As a person who doesn't speak that language, all it does is add "graffiti" to the design.

Sorry.. I don't mean to offend.. really I don't. In fairness (somewhat), this is released in China, so it's their "right" to put that on there. My stance in complaining about it only extends to the point that I think it appeals to a more broad audience if it wasn't there. I still don't think it should be printed onto the slipcover and the discs. Foreign writing on the j-card? Cool. No worries on that. But like I've said in many other threads, because steelbooks are collected and exchanged worldwide, it makes most sense to me to keep with the language of the film. In this case, it's English.

IMO, collecting Asian steels because Asian countries write with art-style picture text is sorta bizarre (not like individual letters like Europe and the Americas and many other regions) .

But like lgans says, beauty is on the eye of the beholder. Ain't it great that we can all have unique preferences. :thumbs:

As for me, I'll probably just wait for a different release of this down the road.

I like Asian releases because they are different. With the amount of Steelbooks being released at the moment, anything to distinguish a release is a good thing.

Why do people spew their ignorance in threads about native languages on steelbooks. This is being released for the Chinese market so makes sense to have Chinese letters on the disc/steelbook regardless of whether the movie was released in English audio.
The same nonsense in German and French steelbook as if we are to force English down their throats.

Sigh...I caved and joined the GB eventhough this movie isnt my cup of tea and Im probably never going to watch it. $62 is a lot. But for a World Wide exclusive.... of a classic.... limited to 1000-1500... with numbered cards..... full slip..... art cards.... white embossed (never seen that before I dont think)..... and labeled as an exclusive #1, I think the price may very well be worth it as a collectible in the future.

Lol having typed all that made me feel a bit better about my decision:hilarious:

Last edited:
Sigh...I caved and joined the GB eventhough this movie isnt my cup of tea and Im probably never going to watch it. $62 is a lot. But for a World Wide exclusive.... of a classic.... limited to 350-400... with numbered cards..... full slip..... art cards.... white embossed (never seen that before I dont think)..... and labeled as an exclusive #1, I think the price may very well be worth it as a collectible in the future.

Lol having typed all that made me feel a bit better about my decision:hilarious:

i had exactly the same thoughts when joining the GB. and actually these are very good reasons not to miss out on this. ;)
my feeling tells me that the only way for its value is UP!

Sigh...I caved and joined the GB eventhough this movie isnt my cup of tea and Im probably never going to watch it. $62 is a lot. But for a World Wide exclusive.... of a classic.... limited to 350-400... with numbered cards..... full slip..... art cards.... white embossed (never seen that before I dont think)..... and labeled as an exclusive #1, I think the price may very well be worth it as a collectible in the future.

Not limited to 350-400. That's just how much is available for the Group Buy. Isn't the print run 1500 with the first 1K getting something special?

Per OP: First 1000 copies with the full slipcase+5postcards+numbered card+exclusive stickers,but another copies without

Reactions: nkb32
Not limited to 350-400. That's just how much is available for the Group Buy. Isn't the print run 1500 with the first 1K getting something special?

Per OP: First 1000 copies with the full slipcase+5postcards+numbered card+exclusive stickers,but another copies without

Oh well damn. Still pretty limited and worth ordering one. Gotta change my post before I confuse more people :emb:haha. Thanks for the correction.

See... for me, the text is just a distraction and detraction from the artwork of the movie itself. This movie has nothing to do with Chinese/Korean/Japanese anything. As a person who doesn't speak that language, all it does is add "graffiti" to the design.....

IMO, collecting Asian steels because Asian countries write with art-style picture text is sorta bizarre (not like individual letters like Europe and the Americas and many other regions) .

Ok this could be considered off topic but it's directly related to my quoted post, so I'll keep it short and sweet.

Just saw Pacific Rim yesterday, and my thoughts on that one is a completely different story from Lawrence of Arabia. If a really nice steel comes out of China for Pacific Rim (Blufans?), I would totally buy it, even with the text, because it's throughout the movie, and it's set in Hong Kong. It would actually fit with the theme of the movie and I wouldn't mind at all.

Reactions: harry
Why do people spew their ignorance in threads about native languages on steelbooks. This is being released for the Chinese market so makes sense to have Chinese letters on the disc/steelbook regardless of whether the movie was released in English audio.
The same nonsense in German and French steelbook as if we are to force English down their throats.

Totally agree. We get the same in Canada regarding French. Canada is a bilingual country. Don't like it, don't buy the product.

What a bunch of whiners.:D Mind you, these are probably the same ones who complain about a tear or rip in the plastic. Buy yourself a roll of Saran Wrap and re-wrap it.

Rant is over.......

You are saying that I am spewing ignorance? Sorta insulting, don't you think?

"This is being released for the Chinese market".

Far more than 50% of the sales will be shipped to countries other than China.

And I do vote with my wallet, but I also have an opinion about it.

Guys can we just talk about the steel please! ;)

This is a limited edition released by a forum in China for the Chinese market. Therefor its perfectly understandable that it has Chinese text on the slip & Discs. It's also the reason why it is extremely desirable with a lot of European & American collectors.

I understand your point jimmy, but as you stated you will not be buying it.
Therefor I do not see the need to keep posting your opinion repeatedly in this thread.
We get it you don't like it....:)

We all collect for different reasons and that's what makes it interesting.

Last edited:
Guys can we just talk about the steel please!!! ;)

This is a limited edition released by a forum in China for the Chinese market. Therefor its perfectly understandable that it has Chinese text on the slip & Discs. It's also the reason why it is extremely desirable with a lot of European & American collectors.

I understand your point jimmy, but as you stated you will not be buying it!!
Therefor I do not see the need to keep posting your opion repeatedly in this thread. We get it buddy you don't like it....:p

We all collect for different reasons and that's what makes it interesting.

:D

I am talking about the steel. Am I not? It is my opinion on this particular Lawrence of Arabia steelbook. And frankfish's comment was in need of a reply. One shouldn't call a fellow member's post "spewing ignorance" and expect no reply. That's ridiculous. And I am not repeatedly posting my opinion. I am simply replying to those who responded to my opinion, which is what a forum thread is all about.

Cheers :thumbs:

The heat is clearly affecting some people ;) Keep it calm people.

People outside the UK buy UK steels because of the design/English titles. People outside Asia buy Asian steels because of the asian text slips/design.

Each to their own so let's move on from this eh? @Xin i'll have that sample copy if it means its cheaper :D

Status
Not open for further replies.