Status
Not open for further replies.

wxlinkswd

泽田
Premium Supporter
Feb 1, 2011
China
HDzeta Exclusive Blu-ray SteelBook Collector Edition Gold Label Series
Lawrence of Arabia Blu-ray SteelBook 2 Discs Edition (BD50+BD25)
First 1000 copies with the full slipcase+5postcards+numbered card+exclusive stickers,but another copies without

350-400 available-limited to 2/person.

Group Buy CLOSED.-PM your hub leader about your shipment (see group buy thread).

2nd group buy for 1/4 slip version is CLOSED.

Release date: 20th August, 2013
Release Price: 62 USD (includes shipping to 'Hub' in respective area.
Pre-order: about at the end of June - CLOSED
Notes: Embossed title, debossed border, region-free disc
pics:

picture.php

HDzeta got the all final sample from factory at yesterday,update the pics for everybody!
Release date would be at 20th Aug

picture.php

picture.php

Attachments

• LoA-1-CN.jpg
    LoA-1-CN.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 780
Last edited by a moderator:
This is stunning. Really good work. However, I can't justify $62+ for a film, especially as I already have the regular release.

Hope those who do buy this enjoy it. It's such a great film and Blu-Ray and now it has a very special steelbook. I'm a little envious!

When would payment be required for this release. I'm interested but it's the shear cost of it that's putting me off at the moment as Zavvi in the UK seem to be going into steelbook overload

Steelbook looks really great, but it's a bit of a bummer that the slip and the discs have Chinese writing on them (more so the slip - I don't mind the discs too much). If it weren't for that, I might spring for it, but for $62, I think I'll pass on this one.

Reactions: hatredhorror
First amazing movie, one of the best classics:oohyeah:. I really love the artwork, great job :thumbs: but i have it already on collectors boxset . And because i have so many pre-orders from Zavvi, Kimchi, Blufan, ES, JCDVD i will not get it.

Looking forward for more photos :D

why? i ask genuinely.

Well to be honest, I only like or better to say love to have Japanese text on the steels. But like you I'm not a very big fan of other Asian languages either, rather Chinese would be the last among all the Asian languages that I would like to have on such a marvelous steel. Though the only other Asian version I like are the TW steels as most of them are super sexy :drool:

So in this case, I'm with you. But keeping that aside and looking at the beautiful design of the steelbook alone makes it worth getting. And that is the only reason I'm getting it in spite of the fact that it's got that Chinese text, no offense ;).

See... for me, the text is just a distraction and detraction from the artwork of the movie itself. This movie has nothing to do with Chinese/Korean/Japanese anything. As a person who doesn't speak that language, all it does is add "graffiti" to the design.

Sorry.. I don't mean to offend.. really I don't. In fairness (somewhat), this is released in China, so it's their "right" to put that on there. My stance in complaining about it only extends to the point that I think it appeals to a more broad audience if it wasn't there. I still don't think it should be printed onto the slipcover and the discs. Foreign writing on the j-card? Cool. No worries on that. But like I've said in many other threads, because steelbooks are collected and exchanged worldwide, it makes most sense to me to keep with the language of the film. In this case, it's English.

IMO, collecting Asian steels because Asian countries write with art-style picture text is sorta bizarre (not like individual letters like Europe and the Americas and many other regions) .

But like lgans says, beauty is on the eye of the beholder. Ain't it great that we can all have unique preferences. :thumbs:

As for me, I'll probably just wait for a different release of this down the road.

"beauty is in the eye of the beholder"...we can all live with that.just keep in mind that all these releases around the world internationally DO NOT have english as their native language.having said that,i think that they show a lot of courtesy to retain the english title on the actual steelbook itself and should be applauded.i remain neutral about the slip cover and the language written on it...but i am humbled more often than not when i notice the english characters printed on the actual steel itself.
all i can say is...BRAVO! BRAVO! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Status
Not open for further replies.