Leon (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #6) [Korea]

Which artwork candidate would convince you to buy?

• Artwork Candidate #1

Votes: 233 56.4%
  • Artwork Candidate #2

Votes: 180 43.6%

• Total voters

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Release date: March 8th, 2014
Price: 34.99$
Buy link:
1/4 slip (limited to 500): here (sold-out)
Full slip (limited to 1500): here (sold-out)

List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Editions

1/4 slip:
1389862142221743.jpg

Full slip:
13898620213161.jpg

Posted artwork:
1387613246796809.jpg

Live pic

Packaging detail
- numbered plastic card
- artcard
- 6x photo card
- booklet

Attachments

• 0925??_??????_????.jpg
    0925??_??????_????.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 766
  • 01-artwork.jpg
    01-artwork.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 682
  • 02-quarter.jpg
    02-quarter.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 664
  • 03-full.jpg
    03-full.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 630
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 591
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, will send Tony a mail now. Just noticed the 1/4 had a big dent on top as well!

I feel like crying! I was so lookin forward to this and both my copies arrives damaged and opened. Damn!

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

No. I'm positive they were not opened. Customs always leaves a sticker telling me also.

Man that's cold bro. What a fu**ing Nightmare. Really. Considering the price and the excitment. That's a major bummer man. Sorry to hear that happened my Ninja. Now I feel really fortunate mine arrived in good shape, haven't opened it yet tho. This was my first time with Kimchi and if that happened to me this would have been my last. A wise man once said "when you buy a Steelbook, you take a gamble"....... Ain't that the truth...I paid TOP $ for a sealed mint Drive HMV and I stupidly opened it to find a minor imperfection that really got under my skin. It was a small ding. **** happens. Ive opened many a dented Steelbook so I know it's hella disappointing.

"You Win some, you Lose some, but you Live! You live to buy (Steelbooks) another day"

Stay Up....Don't let this get you down.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 70
Reactions: spass and Ataneruo
Sorry to hear about the damage :( My full slip arrived to the US unopened in perfect condition and it is always nerve-wracking waiting for deliveries! I gotta say my Leon was in perfect condition and the steelbook is just such a quality release, I didn't expect to enjoy it so much! I think I will be a regular for Kimchi releases from now on...thanks Choi and Tony!!!!!!

And just for the record, I have never gotten a SB from Best Buy U.S. or Amazon.ca that didn't arrive damaged, from minor dings to major dents. Happens. Every. Time. Worst packaging ever...and it usually requires exchange or return. The Last Samurai, The Exorcist, Les Miserables, The Hunger Games...all of them :angry:

Man that's cold bro. What a fu**ing Nightmare. Really. Considering the price and the excitment. That's a major bummer man. Sorry to hear that happened my Ninja. Now I feel really fortunate mine arrived in good shape, haven't opened it yet tho. This was my first time with Kimchi and if that happened to me this would have been my last. A wise man once said "when you buy a Steelbook, you take a gamble"....... Ain't that the truth...I paid TOP $ for a sealed mint Drive HMV and I stupidly opened it to find a minor imperfection that really got under my skin. It was a small ding. **** happens. Ive opened many a dented Steelbook so I know it's hella disappointing.

"You Win some, you Lose some, but you Live! You live to buy (Steelbooks) another day"

Stay Up....Don't let this get you down.....

Thanks!;)

I've sent mail to both tony at kimchidvd.com & help at kimchidvd.com.
Hope I get a fast answer and that they'll have some spares. :ohno: Even if it's OOS.

I'm devastated, absolutely love this film to bits and it's a stunning release when mint!

This is how they arrived, well packed as usual, lots of bubblewrap, boxes unopened by customs:

1/4 slip:
xh48.jpg

8qss.jpg

r9ri.jpg

o676.jpg

Full slip, no shrinkwrap, no sticker ie unsealed:

yzzt.jpg

The steel has many hairline scratches as well. :(

Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
Thanks!;)

Hope I get a fast answer and that they'll have some spares. :ohno: Even if it's OOS.

I'm devastated, absolutely love this film to bits and it's a stunning release when mint!

This is how they arrived, well packed as usual, lots of bubblewrap, boxes unopened by customs:

1/4 slip:
xh48.jpg

8qss.jpg

r9ri.jpg

o676.jpg

yzzt.jpg

Wow I feel for you mate that's awful I would also be really upset.
Mines stuck in customs currently awaiting customs charges. I hope to god that my full slip turns up undamaged. They look like they've been opened.

Reactions: spass
Thanks!;)

1/4 slip:
xh48.jpg

8qss.jpg

r9ri.jpg

o676.jpg

yzzt.jpg

Friend... Tony would NEVER send these out in this condition. This is the work of customs. Whether you believe that or not.

Last edited:
Kimchi has been losing many points with its customers because of problems like these.

I have the feeling people will soon get tired of paying top dollar for their releases (and the very expensive shipping) if those keep up.

Friend... Tony would NEVER send these out in this condition. This is the work of customs. Whether you believe that or not.

I know! That's what I thought too. But seriously I have the packages in front of me and trust me, they haven't been opened by customs.

There are at least two ways I can tell.

1. The k-packet label who's plastered over the whole top of the box and opening of the box wasn't cut open. That alone is proof enough imo.

2. There's not been used a new tape to pack it up again. And if norwegian customs had opened it they always put on a sticker telling me it's been opened.

There must be a mistake/slip by kimchi and I hope they take my claims seriously. This sucks big time.

I've got a horrible feeling it may be customs,I can't imagine they would be sent out like that
I will ask to check mine before handing over customs fees if mine is the same I will refuse it.
You can claim for damaged items if customs have done this & if they have that is shocking.
To be honest I wish I'd never bothered it's too much stress mines been in customs for the last five days & I can't be bothered anymore.
I've also got Tale of Two Sisters Digibook on its way that's in incheon so don't know when that will turn up but when it does that will be it for me with kimchi.

Last edited:
One other thing:

I followed the tracking from South Korea to where I live.

If the packages where stopped by customs, wich they weren't, the tracking would say so. These packages slipped through customs without any problems, they arrived from Korea to Oslo Parcel senter and direct to my post office.

If I thought they have been handled by customs I would have contacted them and not Tony/kimchi. ;)

I've got a horrible feeling it may be customs,I can't imagine they would be sent out like that
I will ask to check mine before handing over customs fees if mine is the same I will refuse it.
You can claim for damaged items if customs have done this & if they have that is shocking.
To be honest I wish I'd never bothered it's too much stress mines been in customs for the last five days & I can't be bothered anymore.
I've also got Tale of Two Sisters Digibook on its way that's in incheon so don't know when that will turn up but when it does that will be it for me with kimchi.

If damaged, UK customs can be held accountable and WILL have to pay!

If mine arrive damaged I will be asking for the eBay price not the original price as marked.

Mine still hasn't arrived either.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Travis Bickle
If damaged, UK customs can be held accountable and WILL have to pay!

If mine arrive damaged I will be asking for the eBay price not the original price as marked.

Mine still hasn't arrived either.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2
I was just going to ask has yours turned up yet?
My tracking is updated now to awaiting customs charges but to be honest I'm totally p****d off with it all.
I think I'd rather pay the extra & buy one off ebay.

Last edited:
Reactions: psychoscot
I was just going to ask has yours turned up yet?
My tracking is updated now to awaiting customs charges but to be honest I'm totally p****d off with it all.
I think I'd rather pay the extra & buy one off ebay.

I've been ordering stuff from all over the world monthly for the last 15 years off the net and never had this problem once before now.

Mine hasn't change status since last Wednesday! just says "Invoice Errors"

If they add charges I could have got this cheaper of eBay!

Seriously pissed off!:angry:

Last edited:
Reactions: Travis Bickle
spass, were they still wrapped in 6 layers of bubble wrap when you received them? every item from kimchi i received had tons of bubble wrapping around, and everything minty mint. i also find it hard to believe that kimchi would send out steelbooks in this condition.