London Film And Comic Con 2014

Jan 12, 2012
London, UK

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    273.6 KB · Views: 277
Last edited by a moderator:
I would go but ive a new baby arriving on 1st July so im missing it this year.
Thing is, I go, walk around for an hour then go home.

Last edited:
Looks like I won't be going to this afterall.... being best man for one of my best friends weddings that weekend

I'll be there for this, already going to be an expensive weekend though with Stan Lee, the Starship Troopers and I'm thinking about getting the Breaking Bad barrel signed by Gus!

I have this still sealed, if I open it to have it signed will the value go up (because it is signed but opened) or down (because it is opened)?:confused::confused::confused:

Ron

If it's signed then it's only worth more to someone who loves the show

In my experience having an item signed can go either way when trying to sell it. One thing I would say is, never ever buy to sell I hopes you think you're going to get a profit as it doesn't always turn out that way :)

Reactions: Towser
If it's signed then it's only worth more to someone who loves the show

In my experience having an item signed can go either way when trying to sell it. One thing I would say is, never ever buy to sell I hopes you think you're going to get a profit as it doesn't always turn out that way :)

Thanks for the answer Matt, I never buy to sell intentionally, but really wanted to know what the general census of opinion was as it seems to me that either way has its plus and minus points

BTW, I still have the signed Hellraiser Cube I got from you a few years back

Ron

Reactions: cooey
No worries Ron

The problem with TV shows is that they go through phases. Like for example, Breaking Bad is popular at the moment as it's not long finished and is still fresh in everyone's mind. Would it be the same in 2,3 or 5 years time? Probably not. You'll still have the die hard fans of it, and if you wanted to sell to get the price that you wanted you'd have to find that fan willing to pay the money and it can be harder than you think.

Also, remember that any Breaking Bad guest will be very busy and signing similar items all weekend with people then putting them on eBay over the next couple of days hoping to make a few £££ so for a while the market will have quite a few available to 'Joe Public' and won't have any problems picking one up for a reasonable price.

I've come to learn that I only get things signed now by people that I want to meet and keep the item. If it's for you to keep then crack on and enjoy it :D

Reactions: Towser
Been debating going to this, if I get a photo shoot ticket do u get the chance to get something signed then or do you have to Q in the autograph section separately for this?
Also do you buy tickets for autograph signings there or pre-order them?
Thanks guys.

Been debating going to this, if I get a photo shoot ticket do u get the chance to get something signed then or do you have to Q in the autograph section separately for this?
Also do you buy tickets for autograph signings there or pre-order them?
Thanks guys.

photo op includes a professionally photographed picture, no autograph.

an autograph includes an autograph, and depending on the celebrity, a picture with your own camera.

Reactions: cooey and Miffed
I'll be going, but can only make the Sunday. I'm already in nerdgasm heaven with the fact that Stan Lee, Casper Van Dien and Dina Meyer will be there, but when they announced Summer Glau and Lita I went into overdrive! Lots of autographs for me to get :D

What is everyone getting signed by their chosen guests?

I've got my Serenity steelbook for Summer Glau, Firefly steelbook for Sean Maher, Starship Troopers steel for Casper and Dina, Star Wars prequel trilogy steel for Ray Park and my Thor's Mjolnir for stan lee :)