Looper - In theaters September 28, 2012

cyberef

Time Travel Ninja
Premium Supporter
Oct 11, 2011
Sweden
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Looper (2012)

Tagline: Hunted By Your Future, Haunted By Your Past

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Rian Johnson[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Joseph Gordon-Levitt[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bruce Willis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Emily Blunt[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Paul Dano[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Noah Segan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Piper Perabo[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jeff Daniels[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Pierce Gagnon[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Xu Qing[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tracie Thoms[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Frank Brennan[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Garret Dillahunt[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Nick Gomez[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Marcus Hester[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jon Eyez[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kevin Stillwell[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Thirl Haston[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]James Landry Hébert[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kenneth Brown Jr.[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Cody Wood[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Adam Boyer[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kamden Beauchamp[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sylvia Jefferies[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ian Patrick[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2012-09-28[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]118[/RUNTIME]

Plot: In the futuristic action thriller Looper, time travel will be invented but it will be illegal and only available on the black market. When the mob wants to get rid of someone, they will send their target 30 years into the past where a looper, a hired gun, like Joe is waiting to mop up. Joe is getting rich and life is good until the day the mob decides to close the loop, sending back Joe's future self for assassination.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
o4qXZMrZlfuTfwwNGMyTcx6p2uO.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1276104/
This seems like an interesting movie! :)

Looper (2012) HDRip.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Murdock
Well isn't that strange. Everyone seems to love it. I thought it was seriously tedious, and I can't be the only one judging by the walkouts (only a few, but still, they walked).

I found it difficult to like anything much about this movie.

Going to see this tonight. I wasn't too sure about it when first heard about it but having seen the trailer and the reviews it has been getting, I can't wait! Great cast too.

I saw this a few days back and all I can say is its one of the best of 2012. I absolutely loved this movie. They broke all the "hollywood" movie rules in this one. I think this instantly shot up to one of my favourite sci-fi movies of all time. The cinematography was just beautiful and the storyline fresh and engaging. Character development was excellent as well and the actors all gave really good performances. All in all just an awesome movie. A+ in my books.

Last edited:
Saw this today - loved it, nice take on time travel, well acted, willis was very good in this, which is the first time in a while.

Gordon-Levitt's stock is definitely going up in Hollywood...

watched this a few days ago.
great film imo.
gordon-levitt facial expressions imitatiing willis was fantastic!
esp. the first time when he's sitting with jeff daniels in his office...great stuff.
the storyline was a bit hazy, but stories involving time usually are and i loved that.

Just saw this, thought it was great. Very surprised to hear about walk-outs, don't understand how people walk out of a film they paid for before it ends, unless they had to leave for an emergency or something.

Given the recent announcement of the Looper Mondo and that I was thinking of it I rewatched the movie and all I can say is I still dislike it

aside from the fact that in essence the rain maker could just evaporate people with his mind and presumably used those abilities to take over the crime bosses very quickly who knows why he decided to not just close the loops himself and if he believes that it was a looper that caused his mothers death then why would he knowingly send these people back.

Unless he secretly knows that sending them back is the only way to become who he becomes and maybe by the time he is an adult he is so corrupt he doesn't care that his own mother has to die to get there. Heck, maybe he even sends back Joe knowing he is the one to kill his mother and gives him the mission to do so. Though that is doubtful

What really annoys me is that there are a ton of paradox's created throughout the movie. Forgetting all the issues created with them dismembering Seth but once Young Joe kills himself he creates the biggest paradox of all. Once he killed himself there is no Old Joe to be sent back in time to ever create the rain maker and really any harm that comes to cid including the bullet wound. What should have happened is once Young Joe kills himself a completely different realty should have been created and shown. The only way to explain this is that the movie lives in a multiverse with an infinite number of realities that at any point anyone can go into the past which would be considered a singular point wherein the decisions at that point spring into multiple realities.

Also couldn't young Joe have just shot his hand off, though that likely would have altered Old Joe's life considerably as well.

And really is there one redeeming character. Both Joes are not good, young Joe is a killer, druggie, and has little morals and old Joe is young Joe plus twenty years then kills a child (@apsmith21 I know it is 2 years but is this what you meant about something Hollywood does not do.)

I know some people say to forget the time travel issues and focus on other things but no there is enough to dislike for me

Not trying to be a negative Nancy cause I really did want to like this movie. I liked the concept and it contains a lot of great talents (Piper Perabo, JGL, Jeff Daniels, EMily Blunt, and Bruce Willis) but just a dud to me

Reactions: Ashisarobot
@blu78 @nekromantik
I guess it's hate it or love it. I knew the movie had something to do with time traveling before I walked into the movie but I had no clue about the supernatural side of things, and that surprised me. A good surprise. Whenever I watch sci-fi movies I don't really expect stories out of them. It was a good sci-fi ride.

@Drum18 Just saw your post. You can move this if it doesn't belong :)

I'm with you @mllNY I thought Looper was derivative and ultimately a pretty tedious affair, some strong performance not withstanding.

Horses for courses I guess.
One of my favorite Sci-Fi flicks that goes alongside DARK CITY as one that will stand the test of time, and age so well it will be called a classic.
**Also- better get used to Rian Johnson's rhythms and beats, cuz he's your Star Wars Huckleberry for VIII (and treamtment for IX)!!.;)
HERE's RICHARD ROEPER's REVIEW AT RELEASE:

Really liked the film thought it was going to be maybe for better word classic kind of film
in the sense can watch it time and time again.
The ending of the film spoilt it
Saying that how many films have good endings.....not many ,not a easy thing to do i guess how to end any film