Attachments

• 81VI1ys-f1L._SL1069_.jpg
    81VI1ys-f1L._SL1069_.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 245
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 262
Last edited by a moderator:
Until I read a proper press release from Peter Jackson himself I am not buying that this is a 3D Release. :naughty:
Happy with my french collectors box set.

And knowing WB (The Kings of Re-Releases) this is just another cash cow release, albeit with the full extras included this time on the individual releases of the films in a Jumbo steelbook. :movie:

Also if PJ does do a conversion of the trilogy. Hopefully he spends 60 weeks per film like James Cameron did for Titanic to give it the conversion it deserves. ;)

Reactions: zoneism and harry
The individual films including the five disc set have never been released in steelbook form. Only the same artwork with 2 discs have been released before in a steelbook.

So WB are now giving you a jumbo steel with all the extras plus the film. The extended version of the film is spread over two blu ray discs, the other three have the full extras....

I find it very strange that the 3D version has not been announced by Peter Jackson or WB and also there has been no Cinema release either. And its not the first time that artwork has been wrong on different sites. Plus in the actual listing information on amazon and zavvi there is no mention of this being a 3D release apart from the spine of the picture posted.

Like I posted above I will wait for a proper announcement from the man himself....:movie:

Last edited:
Reactions: Kashby
Until I read a proper press release from Peter Jackson himself I am not buying that this is a 3D Release. :naughty:
Happy with my french collectors box set.

And knowing WB (The Kings of Re-Releases) this is just another cash cow release, albeit with the full extras included this time on the individual releases of the films in a Jumbo steelbook. :movie:

Also if PJ does do a conversion of the trilogy. Hopefully he spends 60 weeks per film like James Cameron did for Titanic to give it the conversion it deserves. ;)

I'd put money on this not having 3D in it ;)

A Warners jumbo steelbook release wouldn't be the same without a load of unnecessary confusion though, would it?! :p

Reactions: earthscope
It's about his first movies. Nothing about LOTR.

And a 5 DVD version is programmed for march. I guess it will just be a re release and no 3D !

ordered from amazon as the price always comes down lower than zavvi, plus never bought anything from base.com before so don't know what they are like or what kind of packaging they use