Attachments

• 81VI1ys-f1L._SL1069_.jpg
    81VI1ys-f1L._SL1069_.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 245
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 262
Last edited by a moderator:
If a film as big as the LOTR franchise was going to be given a 3D conversion, it would've been announced by now and would've also had/be having a theatrical run. The money-makers wouldn't miss out on an opportunity to cash in

As much as I want this to be an announcement for 3D Lord of the Rings, I just don't think it's happening... yet. Give it time and these films will be converted to 3D.

I have no doubt that they will eventually get a conversion. But when they do, it will most certainly not be via a steelbook release, catered to a very small (comparatively) online community. I think it will probably be once all three hobbit films are out and they do the giant six-film set.

I'll probably get stoned to death for saying it, but I don't really mind jumbos.

Will be getting all three of these. I just hope they don't put those tacky film reels / screenshot things in the back.

I'm with you 100%, I don't care what size it is as long as the art is good & i've always liked the simplicity of the ring design so i'm definately in on this.

I hope it's not 3D converted as i loathe 3D, that's the only thing that would prevent me from buying this.

Reactions: NinjaFeetz
The extended amarays are already out and im highly doubting they would re release for extra's. Theres already a ton of the extended edition boxset. Something is clearly going on 3D or not

No 3D then. It's live and nothing in the title ! Fake image

how did you work that out? images are sent from studios! look on amazon zavvi and base all got same image all got 3d on top of spine.
till its confirmed by zavvi or such like as not 3d then for me it is till told otherwise. It is a huge leap of faith to say just because is not in description is not there, there was talk from peter jackson years ago he wanted to do this in 3d at time of some interviews and that was back in 2011.

basil

I was saying that because it´s live so i was thinking amazon would have update the description !

But i think the price is too high for just a re release