Attachments

• 81VI1ys-f1L._SL1069_.jpg
    81VI1ys-f1L._SL1069_.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 245
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 262
Last edited by a moderator:
The 3D has got to be an error. I doubt it's actually 3D. Probably the same 2 Blu-ray discs and 3 DVD's. Though it's technically possible it could be a 5 disc set with 2 3D Blu-ray's and 2 normal Blu-rays and 1 extras Blu-ray I think we would have heard about a conversion process being worked on for the trilogy. The really good 3D conversions tend to take about one year at a minimum (such as Jurassic Park, Titanic, Wizard of Oz) so I don't know... but would be pleasantly surprised if it turns out they have been working on it.

Personally i think the 3D is an error

Hoping to get the 15 disc Extended boxset for Xmas so I'll pass on these

Lets hope they don't just go green with the back and use the DVD art ;)

View attachment 55531

View attachment 55532

View attachment 55533

Those look amazing. Even though they've already done it, they'd be infinitely better than this:

pnuTEW2.jpg

Or any type of scene from the movie would look really out of place on the back IMO. I wonder if Amazon JP will have those book sleeve editions, because what they did with the Hobbit Extended was great... Turned out being one of my favourite purchases this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
3D Must be 3D Conversion they were talking about back in 2011

I never heard anything official they had completed this or it happened
Will wait till we get 100% confirmation on disc details

This could just be a mock up done and a mistake showing 3D Logo

I'm doubting this is 3D now for the following reasons

There hasn't been ANY news about a 3D conversion of this.

It's 5 discs. 2 discs for the extended feature, 2 DVD's for the Appendices and the extra DVD with the B roll footage. If it was 3D, it would be 7 discs

I'm doubting this is 3D now for the following reasons

There hasn't been ANY news about a 3D conversion of this.

It's 5 discs. 2 discs for the extended feature, 2 DVD's for the Appendices and the extra DVD with the B roll footage. If it was 3D, it would be 7 discs
Maybe there putting the extras on Blu ray for the first time?

If it was a brand new 3D version, it would of had a theatrical release like Lion King, Titanic and Jurassic Park did

Also, it wouldn't be limited to a single Steelbook release in the UK. This would of been announced by the studios if it was 3D and released worldwide

Don't get your hopes up people