• 81VI1ys-f1L._SL1069_.jpg
    81VI1ys-f1L._SL1069_.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 245
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 262
Last edited by a moderator:
Its the studio who provide the art though? :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

I doubt zavvi mocked up the art and said "yeah lets make up false art. That will mess with them" like no there not doing that lol

Its the studio who provide the art though? :rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

I doubt zavvi mocked up the art and said "yeah lets make up false art. That will mess with them" like no there not doing that lol

Why is this important to you in any way?

Art is nothing new and i dont like jumbo's but if it is actually 3D then that might be a game changer for me. Also because of this artwork, Two Towers is going to be the red background and Return of thr King will be the blue background as per usual.

2 blu rays for the film and 3 dvds for the extras !

The film is on 2 discs. It would make 4 discs only for the 3D and 2D discs. So just 1 for the extras ? No chance

the hobbit extended edition jumbo had 2 discs for 3d 1 for regular and 2 discs,dunno what you guys are on about since they already did it with the hobbit lol

To tell you the truth, I hope that this release is 3d. This film would look great in 3D, if done well. For examples, it would add depth to rivendel (like in the hobbit), and the balrog in the mines of Moria would look incredible. Here's to me hoping!!

Maybe if they've made the effort for 3D they've made the effort for putting the extra's on BD discs EEK!
i am assuming,i don't get why many people are saying this is fake etc had the same comment made on AV forums too,listen if the studio made this mock up why would they send it to zavvi,then tell zavvi to list it? just to mess with us? i think not. i for one am happy LOTR is being re-released in 3D. but since this is a jumbo think i will get the amarays

the hobbit extended edition jumbo had 2 discs for 3d 1 for regular and 2 discs,dunno what you guys are on about since they already did it with the hobbit lol

The hobbit 2D is on 1 disc but LOTR are on 2 .... I guess they wonˋt change that again !

Titanic and jurassic park conversions were revealed almost 1 year before the release. Thatˋs why it makes me curious

The hobbit 2D is on 1 disc but LOTR are on 2 .... I guess they wonˋt change that again !

Titanic and jurassic park conversions were revealed almost 1 year before the release. Thatˋs why it makes me curious
if they can fit the hobbit on 1 disc they can fit LOTR on one too. and i don't think it matters how far away they announce it before release,it's LOTR it will sell. well. look at the jumbo of the hobbit that even sells well.

i am assuming,i don't get why many people are saying this is fake etc had the same comment made on AV forums too,listen if the studio made this mock up why would they send it to zavvi,then tell zavvi to list it? just to mess with us? i think not. i for one am happy LOTR is being re-released in 3D. but since this is a jumbo think i will get the amarays

To clarify, I agree with you there is NO reason this cannot be 3D/2D and extra's at 5 discs :thumbs:
I'm gonna change that mock up to 4D and really f£&k with peoples minds ;)

Reactions: ben6212
That´s right. Only a steelbook anounced and only on zavvi there is this 3D logo. What about other countries ?

I'll be the first really happy for this !

To clarify, I agree with you there is NO reason this cannot be 3D/2D and extra's at 5 discs :thumbs:
I'm gonna change that mock up to 4D and really f£&k with peoples minds ;)
oh don't worry zesty mate was not referring to you :scat: who know's i reckon if there putting the effort into making LOTR 3D it could be
2 discs for 3D
2 for blu ray
1 for all extra's on blu ray ? :naughty:

Reactions: zesty
3D? didn't see that coming, very excited :D Shame about the artwork though, I was hoping for something more striking like zesty's design.

Reactions: zesty