Machete (Blu-ray SteelBook) (KimchiDVD Exclusive #48) [Korea]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: April 17, 2017
Purchase links: One Click - Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Lenticular
Price: $123 (One Click) OOS - $36.99 (Individual editions)
HDN Group Buy: hosted by Cooey

IMG_0893.JPG IMG_0820.JPG IMG_0821.JPG IMG_0822.JPG
IMG_0835.JPG
15697922_2007368549490352_6884844604002932143_n.jpg
17194024_1407050929366345_1147198461_o.jpg 17193991_1407050959366342_1809270601_o.jpg 17194053_1407051012699670_1182823024_o.jpg
15697922_2007368549490352_6884844604002932143_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it'll be worse for you than that. If your wife or girlfriend has access to your HDN account, she'll be able to see everything you've ever bought on the new system.

You spent how much on steelbooks? :wow: :stop: :sorry:

Downer!

I don't want to know that info myself lol

Really not sure like the sound of that idea @cooey @Wreck , i like the idea of having a set date for payment which give's you time to sort funds out just my opinion :thumbs:

That's more of an issue with the retailer that has the item you want. Many, many premium steelbook retailers request payment up front for the items to be secured. And they require the payment on their timeline, not on a timeline that works for your budget.

So if you aren't paying for the item up front, that's great for you, but someone has to pay for the copy to secure it.

I would expect that a group buy would be posted if payment is due immediately to the retailer in order to secure the copies.

I would NOT expect that a group buy would be posted if payment is due to the retailer two months from now.

Reactions: Flloydo
Really not sure like the sound of that idea @cooey @Wreck , i like the idea of having a set date for payment which give's you time to sort funds out just my opinion :thumbs:

Or the reverse happens to appease this. "Pay in 3 weeks vs. my GB will go live in 3 weeks is same" ha.
Hosts promote and inform when their GBs will go live in advance. Or as stated above can throttle qty. Everything could be and should be optimized for the host and user experience and the host will have tools to handle things better.

Some hosts will have shipping factored in and makes process very easy. Some hosts who hold and combine will do shipping sep.

Best recommendation is not to have a negative outlook until you've had a chance to actually use it and experience it with diff hosts.

That's more of an issue with the retailer that has the item you want. Many, many premium steelbook retailers request payment up front for the items to be secured. And they require the payment on their timeline, not on a timeline that works for your budget.

So if you aren't paying for the item up front, that's great for you, but someone has to pay for the copy to secure it.

I would expect that a group buy would be posted if payment is due immediately to the retailer in order to secure the copies.

I would NOT expect that a group buy would be posted if payment is due to the retailer two months from now.

Or the reverse happens to appease this. "Pay in 3 weeks vs. my GB will go live in 3 weeks is same" ha.
Hosts promote and inform when their GBs will go live in advance. Or as stated above can throttle qty. Everything could be and should be optimized for the host and user experience and the host will have tools to handle things better.

Some hosts will have shipping factored in and makes process very easy. Some hosts who hold and combine will do shipping sep.

Best recommendation is not to have a negative outlook until you've had a chance to actually use it and experience it with diff hosts.

Only thing I have to say is and especially with say blu fans or Zeta being so expensive and current conversions being horrendous is if I have a 2/3 week window to pay a GB then I keep and eye on conversions on PayPal from $ to £ because some days it's sky high and then it settles, not everyone's in the same boat and for me there are times or months I can't afford the higher conversion even if it's a couple of quid here and there because they all add up eventually.

Plus for me paying over £50 for one release regardless of the film or retailer is a kick in the nuts but I/ we have come to accept it with the current state of things.

my method wouldn't work anymore as ill have to pay that conversion price whenever the GBs go live regardless of extremely high rates that day or pleasantly low which is now rare

Thank **** i only really use blufans GBs because I need to know all these details before I pay. But that's just me

no offence intended just my opinion :thumbs:

no offence intended just my opinion :thumbs:

Completely fine to post - just saying, I've been on that other side - I post a group buy, have to pay the retailer from my own funds (since I'm short the total) and some of the people that said they wanted a copy either don't pay or I have to wait, or chase them around the forums for payment.

Unfortunately, not everyone is good at paying when they say they will. :(

Give a whirl @Wreck :thumbs:

Only thing I have to say is and especially with say blu fans or Zeta being so expensive and current conversions being horrendous is if I have a 2/3 week window to pay a GB then I keep and eye on conversions on PayPal from $ to £ because some days it's sky high and then it settles, not everyone's in the same boat and for me there are times or months I can't afford the higher conversion even if it's a couple of quid here and there because they all add up eventually.

Plus for me paying over £50 for one release regardless of the film or retailer is a kick in the nuts but I/ we have come to accept it with the current state of things.

my method wouldn't work anymore as ill have to pay that conversion price whenever the GBs go live regardless of extremely high rates that day or pleasantly low which is now rare

Thank **** i only really use blufans GBs because I need to know all these details before I pay. But that's just me

I'm sure your host can accommodate with all the bad ass features he now has access to. :woot:

Reactions: Flloydo
Completely fine to post - just saying, I've been on that other side - I post a group buy, have to pay the retailer from my own funds (since I'm short the total) and some of the people that said they wanted a copy either don't pay or I have to wait, or chase them around the forums for payment.

Unfortunately, not everyone is good at paying when they say they will. :(
Totally get where you are coming from don't quite get why some people do that and not pay at the end of the day the group buy host is doing you the favour the the other way round in my opinion :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: apsmith21
I'm sure your host can accommodate with all the bad ass features he now has access to. :woot:

Sounds cool

Again not against the idea but like anything getting used to a new way can be annoying for some and helpful for others

Be interesting to see it in motion and hopefully it all works out ok

It acts more like a shop. So when you sign up you have to pay straight away, but then it's secured and done and it's all automated making it MUCH easier for the GB host to track who has bought what (you can set the limits etc and the system handles everything). I'm not sure if I like the idea of having to pay for the GB item straight away as the idea for GBs with me is that you can sign up with a deadline a little further away giving you the flexibility to pay knowing yours is secured. The other way round is that you wait until you can afford it and sign up say a week later from the opening time. The downside to this is, the edition that you were after may now be sold out.

Please note that I will NOT be using this for Machete.
straight away, that sucks. I have no access to this site on my personal computer at home and I wont use my PayPal account (or any other accounts relating to my bank account) on a proxy server or the tor browser, it's too risky. it seems I will miss all GBs after 17:00 German time (new GB system)