泽田
Premium Supporter
Feb 1, 2011
China
Release date: June 18, 2016 - Black & Chrome Edition May 15, 2017
Purchase link direct from HDZeta: The Black & Chrome Edition
HDN Group Buy: hosted by n3wk1d
Release date : May 15, 2017
Notes: 3D + 2D 2 discs edition - Full glossy finish, limited 4000 copies numbered - No.0001-0500 of each slip reserved for boxset. Black and Chrome Version comes with: 4KUHD+Chrome Version(BD) 2 disc edition, come with double sided lenti.

Lenti A 2000 copies | Lenti 1000 copies | Full Slip 1000 copies | Boxset (includes all 3 slips) 500 copies

效果图01-01.jpg Mad Max Fury Road Lenti B.jpg 效果图03-01.jpgMad Max Fury Road Boxset.jpg

Black and Chrome Version
MMFR black beauty shot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Just...wow. I think I woke up in a parallel dimension today. Given HDZeta's excellent past work, I cannot comprehend how this crippled image was even created, much less how it passed unimpeded before the eyes of multiple members of the chain-of-command before limping out the door. If the rest of the package is fantastic, I might still buy it and just replace the Steelbook with one of the many I passed up in anticipation of this one. Which will cost me an arm, a leg, and a vital organ now. Or maybe I'll just wait and hope that Nova, Kimchi, or Filmarena jump in this game with full packages of their own.

I wish there was some way to switch the back cover with another Steelbook without destroying the inner artwork.
When you open a steelbook to take the movie was it, do you open it from the back?
If everyone was just after 'the movie' they'd either rent or get the cheaper amaray. I have to say that this tacky effect has ruined the whole steel for me too... Think of it as having a dent/scratch on the back. You can try to ignore it, but you know it's still there. And for that reason, I'm out.

Reactions: adarkcorner
Have to honest and say that the "warped" effect on the back cover is annoying. Cant relate it to be a sandstorm effect, just feels out of place...but hey I am not an artist. Will wait for full beauty shot.

When you open a steelbook to take the movie was it, do you open it from the back?

Seriously? I buy this kind of stuff because I love good graphic design and art. If all someone cared about was the cover they see as they open the case, why would they even be buying this expensive sh**? Why do YOU buy it?

I'm not sure what to do about this either. I've waited ages for this and really want it but the back cover is just niggling away at me.

It looks like some sort of effect you'd see in a comic book but doesn't really have any place on a steelbook cover art.

Also that back artwork doesn't fit with the film as there is no 'gun fight' like that in the sand storm scene.

I think it will have to be one hell of an overall package now before I opt in for it :(

I'm not sure what to do about this either. I've waited ages for this and really want it but the back cover is just niggling away at me.

It looks like some sort of effect you'd see in a comic book but doesn't really have any place on a steelbook cover art.

Also that back artwork doesn't fit with the film as there is no 'gun fight' like that in the sand storm scene.

I think it will have to be one hell of an overall package now before I opt in for it :(

The day someone doesn't buy this release because of the BACK cover art is the day that I rejoice! People on these forums like to throw fits about each little detail, but it doesn't seem to stop them from handing over their money. But hey, maybe I'm wrong! More for me :) :)

Reactions: Matt X
The day someone doesn't buy this release because of the BACK cover art is the day that I rejoice! People on these forums like to throw fits about each little detail, but it doesn't seem to stop them from handing over their money. But hey, maybe I'm wrong! More for me :) :)
I'm not throwing a fit. I really want it. But didn't expect it to come with comic book style blur lines on the rear artwork.

If you saw a car you really wanted to buy and you went to view it only for it to have a big defect on the back of it, you'd think twice too.

The entire back cover is hardly a "little detail." And there have been numerous instances where bad design has stopped me from handing over my money, so start rejoicing.

What you call a "fit," I call an earnest attempt to convince the company to revise their work. They definitely read these forums, and if there's any chance that they can be swayed by public opinion, I'm happy to throw a fit.

Last edited:
The entire back cover is hardly a "little detail." And there have been numerous instances where bad design has stopped me from handing over my money, so start rejoicing.

What you call a "fit," I call an earnest attempt to convince the company to revise their work. They definitely read these forums, and if there's any chance that they can be swayed by public opinion, I'm happy to throw a fit.

How many instances of back cover art preventing you from buying the steelbook?

How many instances of back cover art preventing you from buying the steelbook?

Where did I say that back covers in particular had prevented me from buying other releases? I just said bad design, and I meant wherever it occurs on a package.

If you seriously want a list, here are some recent examples. I would be researching all day to refresh my memory if I were to provide a full list:

Nova's Dredd (in this case it does happen to be the back cover of the Steelbook that I don't like, I preferred the version without Anderson's head)
SteelArchive's Dead Snow 2 (I like their full slip design, but once I saw the Steelbook they were forced to use, I changed my mind about buying it)
The Blu Collection's Whiplash (not for sale yet, but I've decided not to buy it because of the left side image on the inside of the Steelbook)
Filmarena's Ex Machina (I initially tried to buy this, failed, and was going to buy it off Ebay, but when I took a closer look at the package, I realized that the full slip image is a cheap and easy Photoshop effect that only a beginner would use, one of the basic filters that comes with the program)
Filmarena's John Wick (Angel version - I don't think the art on the full slip fits in with the look of the rest of the package)

Do you want me to keep going?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.