Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: November 12, 2013
Purchase link: Man Of Steel
Price: 26.99$
Notes:
- 2 Blu-ray discs (Feature film and Special Features) + DVD + UV
- Contains same special features as US Walmart SteelBook (Sonic Landscape and Iconic Characters)

Group Buy: Biscuitnoir & Drum18

M2208164.jpg

Video presentation by Scanavo:
[media=youtube]DrECP5NKMD0[/media]

Per FS forum post by their Staff, this will go on sale (for pre-order) this Friday, 9/13.

Attachments

• M2208164.jpg
    M2208164.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 286
Last edited by a moderator:
I was not a big fan of the film, but I will support the USA Steel since I like Superman. I hope the inside art is the same, pretty cool....

One question, the video Scanavo is only for Future Shop? Or also for Walmart USA?

Because it has a detail print the discs are different, see the pictures.

2rmqt0p.jpg

2gvl94y.jpg

:wtf:

Reactions: jimmyv
I agree, but with all of the cases looking the same everywhere I am concerned about the back not having anything.

The German MediaMarkt one will be different so hopefully it will have a different back artwork too.

At least there will be other editions - I personally have high hopes for the digibook. If it will end up the same as for The Dark Knight Rises then I'm a happy collector :)

No back art. :angry: These people who make these just DON'T freaking understand.

I am so tired of these disappointments on steelbooks that I really really want and am excited about, and then they go and do something stupid like that. Gah :angry:

Lazy or No back art on recent major releases:
Les Miserables
Jungle Book
The Little Mermaid
Man of Steel

Reactions: lgans316
No back art. :angry: These people who make these just DON'T freaking understand.

I am so tired of these disappointments on steelbooks that I really really want and am excited about, and then they go and do something stupid like that. Gah :angry:

Les Miserables
Jungle Book
The Little Mermaid
Man of Steel

TDKR - first release (poor back art)

At least this one seems to be gloss finish.

One question, the video Scanavo is only for Future Shop? Or also for Walmart USA?

Because it has a detail print the discs are different, see the pictures.

2rmqt0p.jpg

2gvl94y.jpg

Hey Efayin-not sure where your second picture is from, but it seems from Scanavo's video that the Steelbook will have 3 discs and the other set that is coming out (for example here) has the 4th disc (+3D Blu-Ray)?

Reactions: Drum18
Hey Efayin-not sure where your second picture is from, but it seems from Scanavo's video that the Steelbook will have 3 discs and the other set that is coming out (for example here) has the 4th disc (+3D Blu-Ray)?

Yes, the 4-disc set is from Amazon USA, it was only an example to compare the discs have different impressions and are not repeated as often happens.

But my question is the Walmart USA edition steelbook is equal to the Future Shop edition steelbook?

Because I'm interested in Walmart USA steelbook will have the same discs with the S in black as shown in the video Scanavo to buy it because Walmart has a lower price.

Les Miserables
Jungle Book
The Little Mermaid
Man of Steel

I agree. Its kind of baffling to me. Why not someone's face or a character or something? Amazing Spiderman US was like that, too.

So glad I made the pre-order with this one after my last in-store experience! Hopefully shipped copies are in much better condition than whatever's at the store.

Question, do they charge you during the pre-order process or once it actually ships? Reason I ask is because it asked me to verify the payment (unless that's just used to verify your card).

By the way this thing looks awesome!

Question, do they charge you during the pre-order process or once it actually ships? Reason I ask is because it asked me to verify the payment (unless that's just used to verify your card).

By the way this thing looks awesome!

They charge when they ship. So... generally I get charged on the Thursday prior a Tuesday release date. I try to get my coins in the bank for Wednesday the week before.

Reactions: NinjaFeetz