Matrix (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Amazon.co.jp Exclusive) [Japan]

Apr 25, 2010
New Orleans
finally a very well deserved cover for one of the best sci-fi action films of all time
Release Date: {param} March 9th, 2012
Price: ¥ 2,554
Buy Link: Matrix

Here's the Amazon JP SteelBook page showing a few more titles with inside art

attachment.php

Attachments

• Matrix.jpg
    Matrix.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 760
Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, this is nice.

Out of interest, MrSharky, how much does shipping to the UK cost? I live near Manchester myself.

I ordered 5 (all the white steels) and it came to £104.35 (using Amazon's built in currency convertor) and £34.31 shipping.

Add to this the cost of Customs and it all came to £166.88 so a little over £33 per steel.

They are gorgeous though... :drool:

Ordered 10 (is that the set?), DHL dude turned up today and wanted £70 off me.

Nearly shat a kidney.

Told him to come back tomorrow after I've liberated some money from my top secret stash of money, more commonly known as the collective piggy-banks floating around the house!!

ouch thats some customs charges damn!! glad i ive gone the customs free route via the US still works out cheaper doing it that way than paying customs.

get a american friend or member on here to order them for you, get them shipped there then they send them on as a gift so customs free. jobs a good un. mine will be on the way in the morning i beleive.

I'm in Manchester bud :scat:

Well if you get one steelbook the cost would be as follows:
Item: £20.63
Shipping & Handling: £24.22

I got Eight steelbooks for:
Items: £166.96
Shipping & Handling: £41.66

That's all excluding customs of course :)

See the difference my friend, the more you order the better it works out for you...

And here I was thinking I'd joined a site dominated by American's! A completely none blu-ray related question, but are you from the blue or red half of Manchester?

The shipping & handling isn't too bad, but the customs fee's are insane. If you don't mind me asking, what did you have to pay in custom's fees?

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

I ordered 5 (all the white steels) and it came to £104.35 (using Amazon's built in currency convertor) and £34.31 shipping.

Add to this the cost of Customs and it all came to £166.88 so a little over £33 per steel.

They are gorgeous though... :drool:

£33? Damn, those are some expensive steels. Why do we not get ones as sexy as this in the UK?

Last edited by a moderator:
And here I was thinking I'd joined a site dominated by American's! A completely none blu-ray related question, but are you from the blue or red half of Manchester?

The shipping & handling isn't too bad, but the customs fee's are insane. If you don't mind me asking, what did you have to pay in custom's fees?

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

£33? Damn, those are some expensive steels. Why do we not get ones as sexy as this in the UK? It sucks balls.

UK got many sexy Steels too at affordable price. These ones are just okay and too expensive in my opinion.

i got it today, one word...ASTONISHING!

I'm underwhelmed by this one. I only picked up Seven and The Matrix, but to me the art seems bland on the front cover. The characters seemed to be washed out. Probably the intended design, but not crazy about it.

I like it because it portrays them as badasss's wearing those glasses. I love the look!!!

I didn't think this one looked as good as the Batmans personally. Maybe it's that photoshopped spotlight that whites out Keanu Reeves' neck - I don't know why they did that, it would have looked better without. Not wild about the incorrect title either (should be 'The' Matrix). The Agent Smith portrait on the back is a nice touch though.

I am with chip on this one, it's clean and simple with a bad-ass attitude to it ;)

Look at these comments and see why I believe collecting steelbooks is no different than collecting art. We have a wide spectrum of opinions based on a single artifact - the steelbook - which continues to attract new collectors every single day. And thanks to a forum like HDN, we ALL benefit from these discussions because at the end of the day, almost everyone wants a copy of the steelbook :hilarious::hilarious:

Great job fellas contributing to this thread! What a pleasure it is to read these comments without feeling like I am forced to get one.

Regret that I not ordered for the first time this one too, it is great looking steelbook. Probably I will need another order soon. Tkank you for the great pictures megabee!