Modifying SteelBooks

Feb 17, 2010
Share how you modify your Steelbooks here.

diy1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
WoW! Thanks DB for bumping it up, I never thought such a thread existed! Will def. do that for both MonstersInc & Up!

I never heated up my spine before removing it on my trainspotting steelbook,needless to say it was more creased than my face by the time it came off so ended up buying a new one. Will try next time by heating it up first so thanks for that great tip

Pictures courtesy of our member T-1000, from JP thread-great job!!! I have reposted the pics here, too, as they're awesome! :scat:

Anyone know which G2 steelbooks come with the 3 disc holder inserts? Need a spare to attempt this conversion!:D

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Or alternatively is there an easily accessible list of bluray steelbooks with 3 discs?..

I know Fast and Furious 5 (germany) has a tree disc Steelbook but only 2 discs and of course the Underworld Trilogie

Thanks - I'm looking for some cheap steelbooks that have 3 discs - The Adjustment Bureau is a possibility if anyone knows if that's a 3 disc holder or not?

I picked up a number of HP Deathly Hallows (Mexico edition) on Ebay a couple of months back for $12 ea shipped. It has a 3 disc holder. Mexican edition isn't in demand by many so may be worth keeping eye out for it.

Spiderman 3 & LoTR ( < 10€ ea through Amazon.de) have been the cheapest I've seen for 2 disc holders. But again, this was a couple of months ago.

Pay attention to 3rd party sellers though. Some titles I've bought for $5. Not like you care about the cover so condition doesn't really matter.

Reactions: Antman
The blank ones sold by Amazon.de are G1 (DVD sized) just so you know.

I just took a thumb drive with the files on it to my local FedEx Kinkos & had them print the spines for me. Much better quality than my printer could achieve.

The blank ones sold by Amazon.de are G1 (DVD sized) just so you know.

I just took a thumb drive with the files on it to my local FedEx Kinkos & had them print the spines for me. Much better quality than my printer could achieve.

thats good to know about the amazon ones.. that sucks now I'll have to find one I can disect...

Also good to know about the printing process.
What does something like that generally run from them?

Bump for an old thread.
If like me you're looking for 3 disc steels to modify your Jumbos:

UK.gif
Adjustment bureau
61YiJOiLa0L.jpg

DE.gif
Fast & Furious 5
71oj8PHHVBL.jpg

CA.gif
Harry Potter 7.1 & 7.2
hp2b.jpg

attachment.php

If you've got more, don't be shy to help since those title are pretty expensive only to get the case...

BTW, pics aren't from me.