Monsters University (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection #2) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release Date: November 25th, 2013
Price: £23.99
Buy Link: Monsters University LIVE!!
The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

10831199-1378486144-283787.jpg

10831199-1378486218-420282.jpg

10831199-1378486201-127193.jpg

10831199-1378486183-979116.jpg

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 373
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 413
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 403
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 402
Last edited by a moderator:
how comes people think pixar only makes sequels? the last pixar (brave) wasn't a sequel..and there are actually only 3 pixar movies with sequels at all yet.

1. toy story (imo toy story 3 is one of the best sequels in movie history)
2. cars ( this one was poor)
3. monster inc ( didnt saw the sequel but monster inc is one of the best and most popular pixar titles, and def deserved to be continued)

this are not that much sequels if u ask me and if u look in the future there are 4 more pixar titles announced and only 1 of them is a sequel (to finding nemo).

£23.99 is a lot of money for a steelbook. How do people from around the world feel paying this plus the added shipping cost.

Think I will get the blufans and pass on this one. I want the 3D so i will wait for a UK slipcover release that will probably be cheaper and have bonus features ;)

The fact it is a Disney release does not justify the price

Reactions: yeslek
£23.99 is a lot of money for a steelbook. How do people from around the world feel paying this plus the added shipping cost.

Think I will get the blufans and pass on this one. I want the 3D so i will wait for a UK slipcover release that will probably be cheaper and have bonus features ;)

The fact it is a Disney release does not justify the price

People from around the world should be delighted with the £1 shipping cost :rolleyes:

The content and price point will be set by Disney, not Zavvi.

Disney have a track record of short changing UK customers, e.g. the bare bones 'Incredibles' Blu-ray :(

Reactions: Softwing
Disney have a track record of short changing UK customers, e.g. the bare bones 'Incredibles' Blu-ray :(

I can second this. Disney UK have been going downhill for a while now, in terms of customer service, product content (bare-bones releases, leaving out 7.1 surround etc.), and product quality.

I've ordered this as a 'just in case'. Not totally sold on it, but have every Pixar release on steelbook so far, so would be wrong not to have it.

Sold out! :hilarious:

Queue endless posts about conspiracy to create false demand due to poor sales! Probably some needless bashing thrown in for good measure.

Was it limited to 4k?
Even so, cant see this selling out, unless zavvi are changing the listing perhaps with new "exclusive" artwork

Usual boring tactics by Zavvi. Low pre-orders, so put it up as sold out, build up some anxiety, watch a few go for high prices on ebay, then relist them. Yawn.

This has been removed from the search which would indicate their updating the listing. I dont think there isvanything underhand going on, but then im not as cynical

Reactions: TakingYoSteelz
Normally I would be bricking it to find a title I want has sold out so quickly without placing my pre-order, but because its Zavvi I am not bothered at all!

Usual boring tactics by Zavvi. Low pre-orders, so put it up as sold out, build up some anxiety, watch a few go for high prices on ebay, then relist them. Yawn.

Agree. How many times did First Blood 'sell out'?? And we'll probably see some more copies of that even again.

Agree. How many times did First Blood 'sell out'?? And we'll probably see some more copies of that even again.

There's a difference between 'tactics' and updating your website due to fluctuating stock levels. There's only one thing more annoying than Zavvi's so called 'tactics' and that's people constantly posting about them.

There's a difference between 'tactics' and updating your website due to fluctuating stock levels. There's only one thing more annoying than Zavvi's so called 'tactics' and that's people constantly posting about them.

I think you got that last post reversed. It shoud read......

There's only one thing more annoying than people constantly posting about Zavvi's so called 'tactics' and that's Zavvi 'updating their listings' every 5 minutes!!!