Monsters University (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection #2) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release Date: November 25th, 2013
Price: £23.99
Buy Link: Monsters University LIVE!!
The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

10831199-1378486144-283787.jpg

10831199-1378486218-420282.jpg

10831199-1378486201-127193.jpg

10831199-1378486183-979116.jpg

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 371
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 411
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 402
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 400
Last edited by a moderator:
So the German one is 3D, 2D and includes the bonus disc, costing €28.99? Well done Zavvi!! :ass:

Will keep the pre-order intact, for now. But with the price and choice of artwork, it's firmly in the potential cancel camp.

I don't really see the need to get every Disney or Disney/Pixar release from Zavvi anyway. They have pulled this numbered collection thing out of thin air. If they had been properly numbered, like Blufans editions, then I would be more inclined to keep the set going.

Reactions: jitstark
I might do that too. I can't see the artwork changing so ill prob go for German too with 3d disc

Not sure what Zavvi is thinking...
Compared to the german version, I see no reason to keep this pre-oder.
Keep going Zavvi. You are losing another customer.

Yep cancelling mine and ordering the German version as it's identical and we get the extra 3D disc ... dumb ass move Zavvi :ass:

I have no love for Zavvi at the moment but I think this is a Disney decision more than Zavvi. Disney love to cut down on UK content compared to the rest of the world.

I ordered this when it was first available, assuming that the proper artwork would be awesome. I was certain the "art" on the site was just a mock-up. Like everyone else, I will be cancelling and just buying the standard edition - it will have to look better than this. Not only is this very cheap and basic but the biggest issue for me is this - it completely misrepresents what the film is about. Like the initial teaser trailer, it implies that Mike is the brunt of Sully's good-natured bullying in the movie, but that never happens. It's not what the relationship is about at all. Any of the other poster art that shows Mike as the book-studying student and Sully leaning in a "Breeze through life" way would much better represent this movie.

Reactions: Ataneruo
I've been a long time, dedicated buyer of Zavvi's, but this front artwork MUST change. This is uninspired, & here's to hoping for this price they include the 2nd bonus features disc. The spine could also use a nice change as well. The back looks lovely, I'm enjoying the inside artwork, but again, the front has got to go. Bland, boring, rushed...not cool Zavvi.

Reactions: RihFlood212
I've been a long time, dedicated buyer of Zavvi's, but this front artwork MUST change. This is uninspired, & here's to hoping for this price they include the 2nd bonus features disc. The spine could also use a nice change as well. The back looks lovely, I'm enjoying the inside artwork, but again, the front has got to go. Bland, boring, rushed...not cool Zavvi.

I believe disney has final say in all artwork.

The problem is, the back art is the standard amaray cover. Beautiful as it is, using it as the front cover would not make it stand apart from the regular release. The steelbook really needs new original outstanding art.

If they could make the same effort for bossing like Finding Nemo with this one and maybe use that empty space for the title, then I'm in.

What happened no title on the case? I bet I can't even cancel this because of a group discount.

NO TITLE ON FRONT COVER & NO TITLE ON SPINE. PLEASE TELL ME THIS WILL CHANGE.

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

If the whole collection will be like this I'm done with it

Last edited:
What happened no title on the case? I bet I can't even cancel this because of a group discount.

NO TITLE ON FRONT COVER & NO TITLE ON SPINE. PLEASE TELL ME THIS WILL CHANGE.

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

If the whole collection will be like this I'm done with it

Just looks so lazy

Reactions: Ataneruo
Just to let everyone know, Zavvi took down the "Limited to 5000" from the description on this one within the last day or so.

IMO the print runs on all steels are going to go through the roof. Heck just look at the Auchen IM3 is 9000 alone.

I expect them to take down even more numbers. Today has been a day of mass cancelations for me. Taking my money out of the U.K. and back into Japan.