Monsters University (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection #2) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release Date: November 25th, 2013
Price: £23.99
Buy Link: Monsters University LIVE!!
The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Pixar Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

10831199-1378486144-283787.jpg

10831199-1378486218-420282.jpg

10831199-1378486201-127193.jpg

10831199-1378486183-979116.jpg

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 371
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 411
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 402
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 400
Last edited by a moderator:
I really wish they would stop creating mass print runs, its taking the fun out of ordering quick so it wont go out of stock, and not to mention reducing the latter value of the steelbook over time because there is so damn many of them circulating around. I think that if they are going to include 'Limited' in the title then MAKE THEM LIMITED! :p 10,000 is not limited :p And also, for the price they are charging, and they say their reason for the high price is cuz they are 'limited' then they should actually be limited! :/

yeah, on the other hand it helps those really interested in this steelbook not to get ripped off by scalpers.. and so the money at least goes to the ppl who actually deserve it

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

and i guess zavvi HAS to milk the cash cow once in a while, if you expect them to also produce "poor dogs" like withnail&i, zatoichi, close encounters, etc. which most likely never sell out for anywhere near the RRP

Reactions: Ataneruo
I really wish they would stop creating mass print runs, its taking the fun out of ordering quick so it wont go out of stock, and not to mention reducing the latter value of the steelbook over time because there is so damn many of them circulating around. I think that if they are going to include 'Limited' in the title then MAKE THEM LIMITED! :p 10,000 is not limited :p And also, for the price they are charging, and they say their reason for the high price is cuz they are 'limited' then they should actually be limited! :/

Fair points but at the end of the day they are a business who are out to make money like everyone else. If they think they can sell a huge amount then why wouldn't they try and generate as much revenue as possible. As far as print runs even if an item was limited to 50,000 it still counts as limited edition. I understand about the price, there should be the best possible package at this price point including all 3D/ bonus discs.

Many years ago a friend who worked in a record shop said the only way to ensure a ltd edition is to number every item.

The only way to ensure that you have a hard to find (rare) ltd edition is to buy a load of them and a hammer.

I'm sure the whole limited edition is more to do with the retailer not really the number, EG this is A Zavvi LTD edition exclusive and the print runs is not relevant, I personally have it ordered but may cancel as the art is Not great, same in Spain and Germany but let's hope BluFans pull some new art from somewhere!

Urge to Cancel.....................Rising.

(in homer simpson voice)

I'm thinking the same thing. . Cancel at that price with only one disc. . But I don't want to cancel and order the German edition without knowing for sure that the German version has the same zavvi art work on the back???
I know everyone says it's the same but on Amazon Germany there are no pics of any back and inside artwork, so I was wondering if it's known for sure they're all the same?
Thanks in advance to any replies:thumbs:

Catalogue title or not zavvi seem to be pricing every disney steel over £20 now :(

Now i have started with the cheaper ones and the announcement of a 'collection' im kinda bound to these so have to get the uk versions even if other countries have more content. Damn collectors brain :naughty:

The art on this is terrible. Im really hoping for a gorgeous jcard.

Reactions: paddytom
Now i have started with the cheaper ones and the announcement of a 'collection' im kinda bound to these so have to get the uk versions even if other countries have more content. Damn collectors brain :naughty:

There is no mention of the collection numbers anywhere on the steel though, so that should be a loophole for you ;). I think they missed a trick there.

Glad it came back up for pre-order. When my card had fraud on it I cancelled most of my orders and reordered with a new card (except Little Mermaid because it was sold out). I didn't realize this was sold out when I cancelled so it's nice to get it back again.

I finally just decided to cancel this. Im getting way pickier with my steelbooks, and as much as I loved this movie, and want to keep my Pixar Collection going, I just cannot pay €29.29 for a 1 disc steelbook with front artwork that I dont like at all.