Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 24, 2021
Purchase links: FNAC - Amazon FR
Price: €39.99

81JvKrGU+XL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71TX6P-zUdL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I wonder if Criterion might still follow up with a UK release? Fire walk with me has the upcoming criterion release in the UK and was recently included in the Twin Peaks box set... none the less without a confirmed UK Criterion release this is the one to go for I think..

I wonder if Criterion might still follow up with a UK release? Fire walk with me has the upcoming criterion release in the UK and was recently included in the Twin Peaks box set... none the less without a confirmed UK Criterion release this is the one to go for I think..
A UK 4K release of Mulholland Drive will be from StudioCanal
It's getting a 4K Steelbook release
Criterion don't have rights in UK or France for this film

Twin Peaks Fire walk with me in UK was previously with Universal Pictures
The rights then went to Paramount who released the Twin Peaks: From Z to A Box Set

Criterion was able to licence Fire walk with me from paramount for their release
That paramount box set used the previous criterion remaster
Criterion then decided on a 4K UHD release for both USA and UK

Yeah - StudioCanal did a 4K remaster before Criterion did. I don't know if Criterion based their version on the same transfer or not.
StudioCanal did a 4K Scan in 2015 and that 4K scan was finished in 2K by Criterion for a Blu-ray release.
The StudioCanal release in 2017 used that 2K transfer that came from the 4K scan and also did Criterion USA release in 2015

StudioCanal have done a new 4K scan of the original negative in February 2021 for the 20th Anniversary

They licenced this new 4K restoration to Criterion for the USA 4K UHD release

StudioCanal will be releasing themselves 4K UHD in countries they do their own home media releases
UK/France

Info about the new 4K restoration done by StudioCanal

That is of course what pretty much everyone wants the steelbook to be. Which means... :(

But we'll still hope!

That is of course what pretty much everyone wants the steelbook to be. Which means... :(

But we'll still hope!
Well, what would more likely happen if that EXACT steelbook is released, 70% of the commenters on here would call it "TOC-stype lazy Poop Art Trash" :rofl:
Mulholland Drive is my favourite movie of all time and I will buy any steelbook that comes out no matter what. If I had to choose, I'd love for them to use this poster artwork:
Mulholland.png

Inside artwork:
1629318565440.jpeg

Reactions: JGCramp
Well, what would more likely happen if that EXACT steelbook is released, 70% of the commenters on here would call it "TOC-stype lazy Poop Art Trash" :rofl:
I'll call that peeled apple puke that right now - hope they release anything, but that.
Oh, and not that tired old poster either please. :wtf:

We always pay more. the UK one might be a more substantial package. Have to wait and see.
Zavvi UK listing is the USA release
It should be only listed on Zavvi USA website

Zavvi UK should not be selling USA releases as they not BBFC certified release.

UK 4K release will be from StudioCanal

Reactions: Balraj
Maybe. I ordered an album once and it shipped from USA. So they deliver US items to UK from time to time.
Music is different as that don't have age rating controls certificates.

Films Sold on UK retailers require be BBFC certified

It's not like what you see on Amazon UK that is when the seller is third party or amazon USA themselves

Example Amazon UK could not sell USA releases of film themselves

Reactions: samdavies