Purchase links: FNAC - Amazon FR
Price: €39.99

81JvKrGU+XL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71TX6P-zUdL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

A UK 4K release of Mulholland Drive will be from StudioCanal
It's getting a 4K Steelbook release
Criterion don't have rights in UK or France for this film

Twin Peaks Fire walk with me in UK was previously with Universal Pictures
The rights then went to Paramount who released the Twin Peaks: From Z to A Box Set

Criterion was able to licence Fire walk with me from paramount for their release
That paramount box set used the previous criterion remaster
Criterion then decided on a 4K UHD release for both USA and UK
I've pre orderd this from criterion from zavvi in the uk.

I've pre orderd this from criterion from zavvi in the uk.
Your criterion order of Mulholland Dr on Zavvi UK (It's the USA release) it will be ok as in you will have order dispatched but don't be surprised if you see Criterion USA listing removed on Zavvi UK at some stage
Zavvi UK themselves should not be selling DVD/Blu-ray releases that are not BBFC certifted

Criterion Citizen Kane USA release has already been removed from Zavvi UK but is still listed on Zavvi USA
It can take a while sometimes before BBFC notice listings on UK retailers websites some get missed

It's ok to be listed on Zavvi USA as that is now separate website from Zavvi UK and the other Zavvi International websites
You will see for example Arrow USA only releases on Zavvi USA you won't find listed on Zavvi UK or the other Zavvi international websites

Also The Scream Factory and Blu Underground titles should not be on Zavvi UK
These should only be listed on Zavvi USA

To get around BBFC if Zavvi wanted to list USA releases on Zavvi UK they should clearly be listed as sold by Zavvi USA
This what Amazon UK do (They list as sold by Amazon USA)

Criteron won't be releasing Mulholland Drive in UK
StudioCanal have the rights in UK/France

You should see 4K Mulholland Drive from StudioCanal a UK release be also announced at some stage

Criterion USA release is licenced from StudioCanal
StudioCanal release their films themselves in UK/France/Germany/Australia
Sometimes Germany rights are with different label it will depend on film involved

Other countries they licence out to other labels
In USA StudioCanal licence out their films catalouge to Lionsgate/Criteron/Scream Factory and a few other labels

Reactions: jasong
You’re not missing anything, but I would say that both artists are simply mimicking a famous painting by Edward Hopper. Not cool.
It makes sense with the Shirley film because the whole film is shot in the Edward hopper art style. I just don’t see the reference for mulholland drive to be using that art, it’s completely irrelevant

Reactions: ethnosax and Eric
the artist for this has written about his inspiration being that edward hopper painting, so it's not like he's secretly claiming it as his own. he has his explanations for why he went this direction in relation to the movie. "I wanted to depict Betty in a dream like world filled with symbols and double meanings, she is a very lonely prisoner of her own mind..."
take away what you will, just wanted to post that for whomever. i've still never actually seen the movie myself

• Informative
Reactions: komor
Have bought almost all SC 4K/CE releases except TR CE as it went OOP at early pre-order days but if UK gets this same awful packaging, then I'll just stick with the CC 4K.

I have nothing against Edward hopper art style but not for this film when there are better alternatives.

Reactions: ethnosax
"I wanted to depict Betty in a dream like world filled with symbols and double meanings, she is a very lonely prisoner of her own mind..."
I must say, that this sounds very much like Mulholland Drive and the different possibilities to interpret this movie and now I think that the adaptation of the Sybil-cover is good.

I don’t know, I see isolation, but I also see someone who is content or comfortable in that isolation. It’s almost serene.

My memory of mulholland Drive does not recall serenity or a feeling of content. We can easily plonk Sarah Connor, Motoko Kisangani, or johanssen from lost in translation in the same scene and it could work, along with many others, but I’m not convinced about mulholland drive.

But it’s a nice image

I don’t know, I see isolation, but I also see someone who is content or comfortable in that isolation. It’s almost serene.

My memory of mulholland Drive does not recall serenity or a feeling of content. We can easily plonk Sarah Connor, Motoko Kisangani, or johanssen from lost in translation in the same scene and it could work, along with many others, but I’m not convinced about mulholland drive.

But it’s a nice image
I know what you mean - it doesn´t look very thrilling.

I don’t think Lynch is involved when choosing the art cover?
The art cover for the steel book kinda sucks! Betty/Diane did not live in a house in the Hollywood Hills overlooking the Hollywood sign. I agree with previous comments that the art is too ‘serene’, nothing new or creative since it has been done before, plus it doesn’t have any darkness or mystery that matched the movie’s energy. They could just have made a steel book cover based on the first classic art cover/poster, it would have been better in my opinion. The Japanese 4K cover seems a lot more exciting and based on the classic artwork.

I don’t think Lynch is involved when choosing the art cover?
The art cover for the steel book kinda sucks! Betty/Diane did not live in a house in the Hollywood Hills overlooking the Hollywood sign. I agree with previous comments that the art is too ‘serene’, nothing new or creative since it has been done before, plus it doesn’t have any darkness or mystery that matched the movie’s energy. They could just have made a steel book cover based on the first classic art cover/poster, it would have been better in my opinion. The Japanese 4K cover seems a lot more exciting and based on the classic artwork.
"Morning Sun" has been parodied so many times already, it's hard to believe the studio thought one more version was a great idea for Mulholland Drive. Embarrassing.