Night Of The Living Dead (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Ultron96

Premium Supporter
Sep 2, 2014
Kent, UK
Release Date: 28th September 2015
Purchase link: Zavvi (Live Sun Aug 2, 12 pm UK time)
Price: £14.99

image.jpg

11156605-5574314825180822.jpg

11156605-1564314825167748.jpg

11156605-2024314825186189.jpg

Last edited:
Received this today. Really nice gloss finish and appropriate artwork but there seems to be some fine lines in the gloss finish (they are not scratches) Almost like the jcard was attached before the gloss was fully dry.
View attachment 189936 View attachment 189937 View attachment 189938 View attachment 189939 View attachment 189940 View attachment 189941
Fantastic photos
The reason for the lines is from the image they used its from this film poster you can see the lines in the poster image
night_of_living_dead_1968_poster_01 (1).jpg

Mine arrived today though sorry can't post pics and anyway best leave that to either @paulboland or @StifflersDad.

Same horizontal (X3) and vertical lines (X2) as noted above on the steel and on the j-card and these were admittedly the first things I noticed with the horizontal more noticeable. Doesn't detract TOO much from the item IMO.

Steelbook is as expected - no better or worse - and perfectly acceptable though admittedly one I forgot to cancel and one I should have added to my 'Buy it later and cheaper' list.

The characters and title stand out well against the black background thanks to the shiny metallic paint used on them and the artwork carries over almost seamlessly onto the j-card.
No 'bossing of any kind.
7/10

EDIT: I see photos have already been posted.

Last edited:
Seriously didn't notice those lines on the mock-up with the result that I wasn't expecting them and was more than a little surprised to see them - exactly like others here.

EDIT: Just checked my 2008 Amaray edition with the same cover artwork and if the lines are there I for one can't see them.

Last edited:
Fantastic photos
The reason for the lines is from the image they used its from this film poster you can see the lines in the poster image
View attachment 189946
I'm pretty sure the original one sheet didn't have fold lines and that's just a scan of a poster that was folded up.

The problem is, before the 80s, movie posters were always folded instead of rolled up for storage and transport. It's pretty much impossible to find a copy of this without the creases. Although they don't bother me too much (adds a bit of character), I think it's lazy they didn't bother to Photoshop them out since it's really not that hard and the lines are not part of the original artwork.

Last edited: