3. My Name is Khan
  4. Ditto
  5. Sin City: A Dame to Kill for
  6. The Isle
  7. Wadjda
  8. The Perks of Being a Wallflower
  9. Big Eyes
  10. Under the Skin
  11. The Lovers on the Bridge (Les Amants du Pont-Neuf)
  12. Sue, Mai & Sawa: Righting the Girl Ship
  13. Amy
  14. A Bittersweet Life
  15. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Upon launch of the Shopping Online Mall, there will be an event for new customers.

Attachments

• nova.jpg
    nova.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 976
Last edited by a moderator:
Don't understand how it is an unfair advantage?

If it was a closed thing maybe but it is an open group buy anyone with more than 20 posts can enter it.

It isn't a secret, it is there to be used.

If i go to Alton towers and buy a queue jump pass (Fast track) for extra money i don't expect people to moan at me When they could do the same if they want to.

If i want something i will use the best chance i think i could get thing, be that online or through GB.

Last edited:
Seeing how you claim to be an entrepreneur. Perhaps you should run a GB or two. Maybe then you might not be so quick to whinge about people making a couple of dollars on each Steelbook. [emoji106]

How am I complaining about people making $2 on a Steelbook? Read my post again before jumping on your made-up bandwagon! I said how can people complain about paying someone $2 to source a Steelbook for you! I run a successful business on Ebay with over 25000 feedback, so my claim that I am an entrepreneur is more than likely true :cigar:

How am I complaining about people making $2 on a Steelbook? Read my post again before jumping on your made-up bandwagon! I said how can people complain about paying someone $2 to source a Steelbook for you! I run a successful business on Ebay with over 25000 feedback, so my claim that I am an entrepreneur is more than likely true :cigar:
In the post I was referring to, you said "he must be making a fortune"
If a big entrepreneur like you thinks people are making a fortune from $2 dollars a Steelbook, then God help your eBay business.
I think you would be quaking in your entrepreneurial boots if you had to lay out the amount of cash necessary to run these GBs. Let alone the hours involved in running it.
So if you think he's making a fortune...
You have a go. [emoji2][emoji106]

In the post I was referring to, you said "he must be making a fortune"
If a big entrepreneur like you thinks people are making a fortune from $2 dollars a Steelbook, then God help your eBay business.
I think you would be quaking in your entrepreneurial boots if you had to lay out the amount of cash necessary to run these GBs. Let alone the hours involved in running it.
So if you think he's making a fortune...
You have a go. [emoji2][emoji106]

Obviously your unable to use your brain or a calculator, if he sells 500 Steelbook's on a group buy, that's a $1000 a group buy, if he does say 10 group buys a month, that's $10,000? Obviously that must be chump change to someone of your stature.
My order I am having delivered with DHL on Thursday nearly cost me £6000 with shipping, so I am surely capable of buying some Steelbook's.
And by the way, people pay for there Steelbook's before the GB Host actually buys them, so have you actually got any clue whatsoever what you are talking about??????????????????

Obviously your unable to use your brain or a calculator, if he sells 500 Steelbook's on a group buy, that's a $1000 a group buy, if he does say 10 group buys a month, that's $10,000? Obviously that must be chump change to someone of your stature.
My order I am having delivered with DHL on Thursday nearly cost me £6000 with shipping, so I am surely capable of buying some Steelbook's.
And by the way, people pay for there Steelbook's before the GB Host actually buys them, so have you actually got any clue whatsoever what you are talking about??????????????????
My last post to you on this subject.
500 per GB. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
10 GBs per month [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Just how many steelbooks do you think are made EVERY month.
"People" DO NOT pay BEFORE the GB host places the order or pays for them.
The fact remains that you have no idea what it takes to run a GB, so don't bemoan a GB host for making a few quid.
IF you want some of it, have a go. [emoji2][emoji106]

No more posts or replies from me to you on this subject. It's obvious to me you don't have a clue. [emoji106]

Taking the general gb understanding (or lack of) out of the equation, I think the initial point @Lionel was making is that it was fine for a gb host to make a couple of dollars per steelbook; not bemoaning them making a bit of money from their efforts.

For somebody that has dealt with John @Masterblaster, so many times I would have thought you would see where the "HE must be making a fortune" is pointed at.
Let alone the ridiculous points about 500 copies x 10 GBs every month.
I suggest you read the diatribe in post 485 before you defend such nonsense. [emoji2]

Yes, I'm not stupid. Give me some credit :p. I read back through the thread adequately before I posted.

I know that he is not in favour of GBs where the retailer ships worldwide, and subsequently was probably having a dig at John. But he still implied that he thought it was fine / good that any gb host can make $2 per steel for their efforts. I just thought it was worth mentioning as it seems there was a misunderstanding relating to that point which then led to the latest dispute escalating.

You know where my allegiance lies as you have stated in your previous post, but regardless I was just trying to calm the thread a little bit by pointing this out. Seems I should just let it run its course next time. Sorry :sorry:

Reactions: DodgyDave
Now there's a groupbuy for Big Hero 6.

Even though this release is extremely limited (1200 printrun in total).

I wonder.... Does nova give a fixed amount up front? Cause I'm beginning to dislike their business values.

With a printrun and a website which ships normally, I would love to have an equal chance in grabbing a one click from the retailer, like normal purchases goes through a webshop. Now, I feel more likely that nowadays your chances are the highest when you join a groupbuy upfront even though heir webshop deals worldwide.

But if there's a group buy here and maybe on others sites.... Does this mean that there will be a possibility that at going live, only 700 steels will be in Stock? Or even less?

This reduces the chance highly of obtaining a steel through the normal way and In a lesser aggressive way, almost forcing us completionists to join a held groupbuy.

Anybody know? @Masterblaster @Wreck

Nova offered HDN 40 total steels up front yesterday and I turned them down. What else they do outside of us, I can't tell you.

I would like to mention, I don't believe other folks are as transparent as HDN staff is about our costs and allocations when it comes to quantity, group buys, and steelbook info as we have.

Hopefully that separates us from the pack, and you guys note that we do try and answer member concerns and comments as best as we can.

But there is only so much that is under HDN staff control.

On a side note, I do find it interesting that they increased the quantity of the full slip by 100 copies as of this AM. :)

Nova offered HDN 40 total steels up front yesterday and I turned them down. What else they do outside of us, I can't tell you.

I would like to mention, I don't believe other folks are as transparent as HDN staff is about our costs and allocations when it comes to quantity, group buys, and steelbook info as we have.

Hopefully that separates us from the pack, and you guys note that we do try and answer member concerns and comments as best as we can.

But there is only so much that is under HDN staff control.

On a side note, I do find it interesting that they increased the quantity of the full slip by 100 copies as of this AM. :)

Thank you @apsmith21 for your quick reply.

Appreciate it alot! ;-)

Reactions: apsmith21
I suppose the good thing for you "I didn't get what I wanted, it was sold out" whingers and whiners is, you'll have somebody to blame other than yourself. [emoji106]

Novamedia has committed business suicide. Not sure who would have confidence in ordering from them now. Maybe a GB is the right direction for them as they can't seem to sell them any other way.

Reactions: Scary Hair
Is the email address in OP still working ?
It seems they don't reply to messages through their "contact us" page...

Nothing to do with today's fiasco but a previous order I placed.
Thanks

@mams address should still work unless they changed it. Sure they're bombarded with today's drama, but I'd just keep trying. They have to be responding to customers at some point. Good luck!

Reactions: mams
So Novamedia implied a breakdown in communication between themselves and HDN? and this is why the GB for Avengers went wrong? I read that in the release thread which has been subsequently locked. Is this true or are they just looking for someone to blame?

I have no idea . All I know is members are agrivated and lashing out at any one who they think is to blame .

Fact is Nova have x amount of stock and where over whelmed by demand . They have apologised witch for some is not good enough .

A dose of chill pill will go a LONG way .

I can personally report the totally non-existent customer service.
No response to my 3 messages for 10 days.
A shame.
They'd better deal with true customers rather than going on updating facebook posts...