3. My Name is Khan
  4. Ditto
  5. Sin City: A Dame to Kill for
  6. The Isle
  7. Wadjda
  8. The Perks of Being a Wallflower
  9. Big Eyes
  10. Under the Skin
  11. The Lovers on the Bridge (Les Amants du Pont-Neuf)
  12. Sue, Mai & Sawa: Righting the Girl Ship
  13. Amy
  14. A Bittersweet Life
  15. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Upon launch of the Shopping Online Mall, there will be an event for new customers.

Attachments

• nova.jpg
    nova.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 976
Last edited by a moderator:
I know, I have experience with webshops ;-)

And I don't mean your small magento webshops with turnovers of a couple of hundred dollars per month.

But aside of that, this is simply what shopify gets, I haven't even included fees from cc and/or PayPal to the equation.

If we're chatting about Shopify payments, they are paying the CC payment for you via their gateway, so the entire 2.5% is not going to shopify, some of it's going to the credit card.

Magento on credit card payments would still have to pay the gateway fee to the third party as well.

This huge disparity in costs is not really there for 15 releases a year. If you are FoxConnect and running Magento, OK, you got me there, I understand that, it's a lot of volume.

But NovaMedia? Don't make me laugh, they're not doing enough volume to say Shopify is too expensive over what it costs them in lost business and customer anguish.

And honestly, if I was their hosting company, I probably would have forced them on a dedicated server by now...I bet the other people on that physical machine are loving the lag when their VPS slows because of Nova. ;)

If we're chatting about Shopify payments, they are paying the CC payment for you via their gateway, so the entire 2.5% is not going to shopify, some of it's going to the credit card.

Magento on credit card payments would still have to pay the gateway fee to the third party as well.

This huge disparity in costs is not really there for 15 releases a year. If you are FoxConnect and running Magento, OK, you got me there, I understand that, it's a lot of volume.

But NovaMedia? Don't make me laugh, they're not doing enough volume to say Shopify is too expensive over what it costs them in lost business and customer anguish.

And honestly, if I was their hosting company, I probably would have forced them on a dedicated server by now...I bet the other people on that physical machine are loving the lag when their VPS slows because of Nova. ;)
Hahaha hahaha, love the last part.

Maybe they problem is that they don't want to pay for dedicated. They must be on a shared server. And you got me there when it comes to Nova and cumulative sales.

Reactions: apsmith21
Hi
Anyone from the UK ordered a one-click from Nova before? Just wondering what people marked it as, (since this is my first one-click) so that it goes through customs without any delays (charges etc.)
Thanks, cannot wait for these Avengers steels

Apologies if this is already known and Mods please delete this thread if it is incorrect.
But I've just noticed a drop down menu on Nova's website for Disney Steelbooks?? I've never seen it before unless I'm being dumb and it's always been there?
If not though, these could be something really special!!!!

I think because Nova just releases Big Hero 6 steelbook, so they added that sub-menu, maybe they'll release more disney titles in the future once in awhile, but certainly not a whole line or series like how ZAVVI has been doing with their Disney exclusives.

Reactions: Steelselecta
They've just done big hero 6 and to be fair to zavvi most in the series are amongst their finest releases
I totally agree, The vast majority of Zavvis Disney steels have been great. But imagine the Disney steels done with the Nova treatment. Could be very special indeed[emoji2]

Reactions: harry
I think because Nova just releases Big Hero 6 steelbook, so they added that sub-menu, maybe they'll release more disney titles in the future once in awhile, but certainly not a whole line or series like how ZAVVI has been doing with their Disney exclusives.
You're probably right, but imagine how good they would be by Nova

Reactions: tnguyen13
I noticed it in their menu last week but when I clicked on it, there was nothing there. if they were to do any more disneys, I would really like bolt, as zavvi never got round to doing that one.
I agree, if nova did anymore Disney steelbooks, the releases would be very special. . I would double dip on a few I'm sure. :)

Reactions: Steelselecta
Just curious, has anyone here ever earned any Reward Points at Nova?

p.s. SteelsSelecta - Avengers was a veritable bargain compared to the pricing of the new Private Ryan!
I haven't seen the price of that yet, maybe it's advisable for me to hold onto something before I do!![emoji38] I've just got in the group buy for the Film Arena Terminator exclusive and the price was great! But I suppose anything Marvel / Disney is going to be expensive!! I'm a bit New to getting releases outside of the UK and the Nova Avengers was my first purchase of a steelbook from a non UK retailer, ( excluding eBay). I've got to say, I've got the bug for these premium editions now and the wife had banned me ordering for now! Good thing she doesn't know what a group buy is!!! [emoji38][emoji38]