Purchase links: Zavvi

Winner:

ogf.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 297
Last edited by a moderator:
The black paint looks incredibly streaky from those pics Ricster.

Reminds me of quite a lot of steelbooks this year. 'The Year of the truly terrible finish'.

Another lazy matte finish. At least it's a better finish than point break. Man of steel had a good matte finish, this seems somewhere I between the two. As someone said before, looks like an inkjet, but we've had that all year around.

Luckily mine arrived just fine this morning, with only a tiny rip in the plastic on the front, but no damage.

I actually rather like what they were attempting to do with the front cover art, which, if everyone's forgotten, is how pictures were compiled in newspapers before digital composition - dot by dot.

If only it had been gloss, and the interior had been the slighest bit imaginative - okay, it carries over from the back art, but if they wanted a form of continuity then it should be dotted as it comes to the front again - but doesn't.

Bit disappointed overall.

Last edited:
Reactions: Noodles
I love the back. The face could have been better with an actual tinted photo. The worst thing is the font, because of the low contrast. I think matt is fine, it's just there isn't enough colour used on the font or face. It looks quite low res for a front cover. But I still adore this steelbook. I'd just hate to see it drop so soon having just paid a premium price for it, but it looks like that is inevitable. Still a hundred times better than Machete Kills! And the back is in the vein of Criterion or MoC imo!

If you don't like the front, turn it over. Catch you on the flipside mothersteelers!:thumbs:

Last edited:
I'm please enough with it and really like the back and inside art. The front does suffer from the cheap finish but looks fine. The spine would be great except for the shockingly faint text. The J card part on the front looks very naff up close being just plain black. Overall it's not what it could have been but as I really wanted to see the film I'll live.

It would seem, it's all personal taste here.

Even the most picky collector's would agree that "Drive" as a steelbook (HMV) is beautiful in its own way. Even though it's lacking inside art. It stands out and is unique.

I know it's your opinion, but if there was a thumbs down button, I would click it right now.

(no offense meant)

Would seem you picked me up wrong - I said after Drive. I happen to love that steelbook. The Place Beyond the Pines and now Only God Forgives strike me as quite awful in comparison. :D

Reactions: Gamesgaryjp
Unboxing for 2 Guns & others:

[YT][/YT]

Am I the only one who completely hate those fanmade arwork? (this one & Machete Kills) I think they're horrible!

Unboxing for 2 Guns & others:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfbfwUWqfaw[/YT]

Am I the only one who completely hate those fanmade arwork? (this one & Machete Kills) I think they're horrible!

You clearly have not read this thread lol