Amazon.co.uk
Base.com
Entertainment Store
Sainsbury's
Zavvi.com

91HqR5ujzWL._SL1500_.jpg

Actual pictures thanks RedDevil85 at AV:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll get this, but I'll be rather annoyed if Great Gatsby includes 3d and not this. Although I wouldn't bet against them releasing the 3d version of the film later on like Transformers DOTM.

Agreed with everything you said tobes77,if this film can't make a profit then something is seriously wrong.

I saw it last fri in my local IMAX & it was about 1/6 full at best,i loved every minute & can't wait until tomorrow to see it again.

Ive yet to see it but I hope it does well.
But if its struggling I wouldn't be surprised, no big named stars and poor movies like battleship and transformers sequels may leave the general underwhelmed.

Ive yet to see it but I hope it does well.
But if its struggling I wouldn't be surprised, no big named stars and poor movies like battleship and transformers sequels may leave the general underwhelmed.

I'd say that main actor from Luther and The Wire (Idris Elba) is pretty hot property right now??

As someone that has spent plenty of time watching Evangelion and the like in countless anime shows, this film was not only a shameless rip off (keep seeing people praising its "originality" which is pretty comical) but just wasn't as much fun as I'd hoped.

It was decent, but not up there with del Toro's best stuff, plus some of the acting and script was really dire.

On the plus side, this has the chance of being an absolutely beautiful steelbook, so hopefully they can pull off something special, but I'm not sure it's a film that warrants repeated viewings.

But the guy name guillermo del torro you can trust

You and I both know he's a great film maker, but I don't think casual movie goers do.
Which is sad.

---------- Post added at 03:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 AM ----------

I'd say that main actor from Luther and The Wire (Idris Elba) is pretty hot property right now??

Yeah he's making waves right now, but he's a long way from selling a movie just off the back of him being in it.

Not seen it yet....i hate the cinema. Always a bad experience.
But i`m guessing this will be released on steelbook, in EVERY ;) country around the world.
So i for one, will wait until i`ve seen what, when where and how....its being released. Surely there will be some awesome collectors sets.
:hilarious: Maybe i 1/4 scale collectors `Kaiju` or `Jaegers`.:hilarious:

He will also be starring in the forthcoming Nelson Mandela biopic 'Long Walk to Freedom'. I've no idea if the film or his performance are any good (they're being quiet about it given Mandela's health) but it wouldn't be a great leap to hear his name bandied about in the next awards season.

EDIT: to stay on the steelbook topic, I can imagine this looking really great. Doubt I'll be buying it as it's not the sort of film that appeals to me so much - I certainly enjoyed it and will probably rent the BD but I don't find a lot of re-watch value in these action spectaculars. Excellent news for the majority of posters on this thread, though!

Last edited:
Not seen it yet....i hate the cinema. Always a bad experience.

Go see it in 2D. We went on saturday afternoon and there were only two other people there! Made a nice change from the selfish *expletives deleted* you usually get prattling on at each other all the way through the film or failing to go even five minutes without fiddling around with their sodding phones. :angry:

They should do different creature/robot covers :scat: Not like I am advocating buying the same movie over and over again because of the cover, but a small 'set' exclusive to a retailer would be kind of cool, imo.

Disagree, that would be messy. I'd like to see Gipsy Danger wrestling a Kaiju on the front cover, or a young Mako kneeling down in the middle of the city holding her shoe. Something like that would be cool rather than just, you know, a Jaeger's head/torso or a Kaiju head screaming (although the latter could also be very cool).

Reactions: CaptainCoffee
The film was on a 180m budget, and the special effects were top notch, as good as they could get imo. so just shows what you can do without using big actors!!

downey junior got paid $50m to be in the avengers, just shows how much these movies have to pay out for their big actors!! i suppose pacific rim would have had a bigger response if they went ahead with using tom cruise!!

Go see it in 2D. We went on saturday afternoon and there were only two other people there! Made a nice change from the selfish *expletives deleted* you usually get prattling on at each other all the way through the film or failing to go even five minutes without fiddling around with their sodding phones. :angry:

:hilarious:

You obviously go to the same cinema as me

Agreed with everything you said tobes77,if this film can't make a profit then something is seriously wrong.

I saw it last fri in my local IMAX & it was about 1/6 full at best,i loved every minute & can't wait until tomorrow to see it again.

Kool, i wish i had an IMAX cinema near me, have to drive at least 2 or 3 hours from yeovil to find one! never seen an imax film before!!