Amazon.co.uk
Base.com
Entertainment Store
Sainsbury's
Zavvi.com

91HqR5ujzWL._SL1500_.jpg

Actual pictures thanks RedDevil85 at AV:

Last edited by a moderator:
got mine yesterday, watched it this morning. what a good film imho, Guillermo del Toro did a bloody good job don't you love buying blind and getting good result :D

Bring on the second one being written now hope it gets the green light

news video

basil

Shame about both aspects of this steelbook. Didn't like the steelbook, and thought the film was ok, but nothing special. Steelbook could of done with the gloss treatment really

Reactions: lgans316
Shame about both aspects of this steelbook. Didn't like the steelbook, and thought the film was ok, but nothing special. Steelbook could of done with the gloss treatment really

I agree, this would have been much nicer with a gloss finish, however this has not put me off and I take it for what it is and that's a good steelbook with great art and a decent enough Matt finish, I'm happy with it.

Reactions: Steelselecta
Received my first copy 3 days late and the box was open so anyone could just take it out, scratches all over it under the celephane. Requested a replacement which arrived boxed in bubble wrap but front steel cover was dented and warped. Amazon won't send me another replacement so I'll send both back and pick it up locally at HMV.

your lucky as i still ain't recieved mine yet, got e-mail confirmation on tuesday saying it had been dispatched, waiting till monday then will see about putting in a non-delivery query to amazon

Guys,

Keep an eye on eBay. 2 copies sold for 15 + postage or just buy at HMV.

Sainsbury' still have it for £19.99

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

your lucky as i still ain't recieved mine yet, got e-mail confirmation on tuesday saying it had been dispatched, waiting till monday then will see about putting in a non-delivery query to amazon

received today despite a date of 14th/15th November for delivery-they decided to package it with my Guillermo DelToro book-spooky or what? no dents,no scratches, spine unslashed:D

Don't worry it will turn up. I had my dispatch email on Monday and only received it today in the post. Didn't get the bubble wrap that most seem to get either. Sent in a different type box too. Usually sent in their suspended steelbook boxes, this was sent in a standard cardboard mailer. Luckily it was in perfect condition.

Think Amazon have been a little shady over this release. I'm pretty sure this wasn't posted out when they said. I have received packages from Zavvi ordered on Tuesday and arrived Friday, so can't blame Royal Mail. :( Then the dodgy packaging on top of that, not to mention the price drops. I guess they did refund some then dropped it further even if there was only a few copies available it still happened :angry:

Hope this isn't a new trend from Amazon. Up until this release they have been top notch!

As for the steelbook, it's really nice. Don't really think a glossy finish would of added to this. It fits really nice with the Future Shop version. The only disappointment is with the 3D text on the front. Doesn't bother me too much with it being on the spine though! Overall really please with this steel and will display very nicely with its FS brother! :drool:

Reactions: Ataneruo
So I have one day let to get this or not. Still unsure on what to do. I mean I like it but...dunno. Do you guys think I will regret not getting it later? Ahh decisions...

Mine was wrapped in layers of bubble wrap but that didn't prevent the dent it received before being sent, only noticed after unsealing it :( Anyway the movie was great and looked mind blowing in 3D, super clear pic, bright and amazingly colourful. Another demo disc!

Last edited:
Reactions: snsguy
Just finished watching it in 3d and I thought it was awesome in 3d. Only problem was, come 24 mins in my disc stopped, a nice circular scratch on the disc. Now I will have to hunt out a 3d disc replacement at some point.

In agreement about the greatness of audio and video pq, not with the movie itself...

Watch the special features. Listen to the depth of thought Guillermo del Toro put into this. Every single scene was scrutinized. It might not be thought of as Oscar winning material, but it is one of the most enjoyable movies I've ever seen, and certainly one of the best of the year. Massive scale. Awesome score. Amazing color palette and cinematography. Original material too. I don't think anyone else on earth could have done as good of a job with this as Guillermo did.

Can't wait for #2! :scat:

I thought the movie was pretty poor to be honest. GdT is usually pretty reliable but this was (for me) his first disappointing movie. Actually kinda sour I spent £20 on it...though the steelbook itself is lovely.