167.6 KB · Views: 841
  • panback.jpg
    panback.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 463
  • panslab.png
    panslab.png
    16.1 KB · Views: 451
Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I'm glad we're getting a true exclusive with different front cover art to any previous edition, rather than just a recycling of an older release. And pleased too that the artwork bring used is the design that was collaborated upon and approved by Del Toro himself. Major kudos to Zavvi - in my view - for promoting the film in the way the director originally wanted and intended.

Just because it's unlikely they'll change it, doesn't mean we can't express our opinions. I don't agree that most people like it. The current artwork is hideous, they've lost a sale from me (and I assume many others) whereas i'm sure most would be happy with the combination suggested by vivaperu348.

I know I'd be happy with the combination suggested, the back currently is just hideous. Can always display either side too.

Reactions: Ataneruo
The artwork you guys are hoping for already exists... Its the Italian version which is also embossed. Someone should post some pics. I'm surprised zavvi didn't COPY it and improve on it since they've been doing it in a lot of the releases they've been having.

Reactions: lolwut
Oh man! I had high hopes but the back artwork just ruins it for me :(

I don't see why we couldn't use this for the front:

wallpaper_pans_labyrinth_1280x1024.jpg

and keep this for the back instead:

View attachment 42635

It would look 1000x better if they implement this idea. Everyone that agrees should make your voice heard and zavvi just may listen. The front cover would look so much better and appropriate as back art. And everyone would get the best of both worlds. The people the like the "artistic" design can still display it. One thing for sure is that nobody will display the back art as it is now:hilarious:

Come on Zavvi make this change. Everyone will be happy trust me:p

Last edited by a moderator:
EDIT: I forgot to say, it is not Zavvi who are ruining this hobby, it is the collectors who constantly ***** and moan about everything. If it's not the film itself; it's the artwork, embossing (or lack of), the paint finish, the lack of content, the print run, the price, the release date, the retailer etc.

Just because it's unlikely they'll change it, doesn't mean we can't express our opinions. I don't agree that most people like it. The current artwork is hideous, they've lost a sale from me (and I assume many others) whereas i'm sure most would be happy with the combination suggested by vivaperu348.

Just saying.

Reactions: frankfish44
I love this artwork and really hope they don't change it for the poster art with the tree. I have the Spanish OST and that has the exact same artwork so i think it l's great that this steelbook will match. :oohyeah:

:rolleyes:

Please... I am referring to members who constantly find something to moan about, not those who are expressing a legitimate concern.

If anybody else had made that post, you would have branded them a hater. Lol. A concern is only as legitimate as the person thinks it to be. Price, selling tactics, print runs, artwork..etc...all of these details very relevant in the eyes of many collectors but there are others who aren't bothered by any of it.

I'm not looking for an argument, I just feel you come across as a little bit hypocritical there.

O/T: FRONT ROX, BACK SUX!!!!!

Last edited:
If anybody else had made that post, you would have branded them a hater. Lol. A concern is only as legitimate as the person thinks it to be. Price, selling tactics, print runs, artwork..etc...all of these details very relevant in the eyes of many collectors but there are others who aren't bothered by any of it.

I'm not looking for an argument, I just feel you come across as a little bit hypocritical there.

O/T: FRONT ROX, BACK SUX!!!!!

That's simply not true. If anyone else had made that post, I would've agreed with them obviously :hilarious:

Reactions: Gamesgaryjp
So if anybody criticises a Zavvi release you like they are a hater...but if they criticise a release you also have an issue with they are cool?

Hmmm....

That last post was a joke :rolleyes:

As for your post, well isn't this the way the forum works? You make a post criticising Zavvi and everyone who agrees pats you on the back by thanking your post. I just get sick of reading the constant criticism Zavvi from a small minority of members. I have no issue on members complaining about any aspects of a release, but when it is the same members who always find something to pick at, it is rather tiresome.

It's a very very silly practice to region lock movies. Whatever laws are in place due to licensing restrictions are stupid and completely unnecessary.

Until somebody explains the benefit of locking these movies to restricted regions (even knowing full well that blu rays and bought and traded around the world in all regards), then I will maintain that it is just a nonsensical technicality that needs to be done away with.

Think about it. There is no point to locking blu rays. All it does is cause problems. It helps zero people on earth. (except maybe the manufacturers and distributors of Region Free blu ray players :hilarious:)

It's about protecting your investment.

For Example, Universal licence out Repo Man to MoC in the UK. They also licence it to Criterion in the US. As a result, Universal insist on both versions being region coded. That way, the UK doesn't lose out on sales from the US and vice-versa. Either way though, Universal gets its cut. It's because different companies own the rights for home viewing.

We're lucky though that 99% of Blu-rays aren't region coded unlike DVDs where 99% are, even when the same company releases them worldwide. For years, the US releases of animated DC Comics movies were region free because they weren't getting UK releases and Warner knew they were good sellers in the UK. Now that they're getting released here, the US versions have suddenly become R1, R3 and R4 only. Basically, the UK arm of Warner didn't want to lose money from non-UK sales.

We now return you to your Pan's Labyrinth thread.

Like many others have said, I love the front art but hate the back simply because it doesn't match. I'd rather it had the mainly black art on the back with the faun logo.

That last post was a joke :rolleyes:

As for your post, well isn't this the way the forum works? You make a post criticising Zavvi and everyone who agrees pats you on the back by thanking your post. I just get sick of reading the constant criticism Zavvi from a small minority of members. I have no issue on members complaining about any aspects of a release, but when it is the same members who always find something to pick at, it is rather tiresome.

Don't let it get to you mate, you don't have to keep sticking your neck out for Zavvi. Just let people get on with it. The way I see it, if they are paying good money for it they have a right to slam it or praise it! Zavvi are divisive, absolutely! Since play.com stopped trading they have single handedly blown our minds with release, after release, after release. They have made some clangers and some absolute beauties...made some great changes on our behalf but also made some very questionable decisions. That's just part of the process.

Don't take so much of it to heart & you'll have a lot more fun that way. :thumbs: