Lenticular Slip: 1500 copies
1402906659709331.jpg
Lenticular package:
14044776058383090.jpg
Lenticular artwork:
1403857210545524.gif

Oh I forgot to tell more detail ...

1) Glossy treatment as usual.
2) Lenticular artwork will be reveled soon.

Jean-Baptiste Grenouille, born in the stench of eighteenth century Paris,
develops a superior olfactory sense, which he uses to create the world`s
finest perfumes. His work, however, takes a dark turn as he tries to preserve
scents in the search for the ultimate perfume

Genre:
Directors:
Actors:
Aspect Ratio & Format: 2.35:1
Language: English
Sound Mix: DTS
Subtitles: Korean / English / Chinese
Rating: 18
Region Code: 3
Run Time: 147 mins
Number of discs: 1

Attachments

• 1980097_1523941767833035_5064224502808774713_o.jpg
    1980097_1523941767833035_5064224502808774713_o.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 644
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 516
Last edited by a moderator:
Buying a Kimchi edition mainly for the Packaging is what it's all about IMO

For example I have: *THOR 2 Best Buy & *THOR 2 Zavvi
But, I purchased the Kimchi Thor 2 Lenti mainly because of amazing packaging. I love the movie and the goodies inside, but its gunna stay stealed. And I bought it from a 3rd party seller. It's Insanity...welcome to the nut house :hilarious:

Then: after you have developed a craving for these Kimchi delicacies, you start having trouble deciding on which edition to go for...

It gets confusing, and you ask yourself "should I get the Lenti or Full Slip??? OR 1/4 Slip because it will sit pretty with the UK edition? You end up picking either the Lenti or the Full...then soon after you regret not getting BOTH. It's the biggest regret of your Steelbook collecting career. You ending up panicking and buying it off fleabay for nearly 5x the retail price, around the release date. You tell yourself "it's a good deal", and you actually believe it.

*Fast forward to: the next release- The GO LIVE time is announced. And you start asking yourself these questions all over again. This time: you pick BOTH. Lesson learned. Right?

*Fast forward again: to the next release...there's no questions in your mind, you are getting the LENTI, & the FULL. But this time you buy multiples of each. Your bank account says "OUCH!"

*Fast forward yet AGAIN - this time the answer has never been more clear - you end up buying multiples of each The LENTI & the FULL. You hear the 1/4 slip calling "buy me, buy me". You buy the 1/4 slip as well. This becomes routine.

It gets worse: When your old lady sees the bill it's ALL BAD... :violent:

FINALLY: Your old lady & your Bank Examiners end up scratching their heads, wondering what the hell happened

Nice story :p ;) :hilarious:

Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
it does become addictive, I now try to limit my multiples to movies I really really like, that and going to 3 major comic cons this year has sidetracked steelbook buying atm. missing a lot of goodies :(

Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
I will only buy one edition from Kimchi also.
All it took to come to this decision was staring at my bank account balance
for 15 minutes straight and picturing myself sleeping under a freeway overpass.

Last edited:
Great Lenti and probably the best one from Kimchi so far...but i will stick with full slip. To much money recently lost for double dipp...

IMO, that's a waste. Why use a medium that can show real movement to just show the exact same image from different angles? What would've been good would've been if it was a stationary image, but with the petals actually flowing/moving.

There's far too many lenti's that do exactly this and it just, as I've said, seems like a total waste.

I've not seen a lenticular that shows true movement - do you have any examples ?

As mentioned, The Pianist is an example, as are some of these along with some transitioning images, my point is that it doesn't have to just give a 3D effect:

US - Beetlejuice

GdLJ0SX.jpg

Awesome 8 part Lenticular
JIKTHM4.jpg

UZyZQvF.jpg

Acizwv7.jpg

soHtzc6.jpg

gbkNBC7.jpg

MNCycBl.jpg

spRRpkN.jpg

aFmCRTm.jpg

A couple of pictures of Cabin In the Woods (Best Buy US):

Angle from the right -
attachment.php

Angle from the left -
attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is going off topic, but that isn't true movement. It's large figure / small figure. True movement would be walking into the distance

Ok then, it's a transitional image that gives the effect of movement. The Perfume one is a static image being rotated, The Pianist is using variants of the same image to imply motion.

Ok then, it's a transitional image that gives the effect of movement. The Perfume one is a static image being rotated, The Pianist is using variants of the same image to imply motion.

Ok. I understand where you're coming from now.

For me the perfume one is preferable as it's a smooth transition across the entire image, whereas the pianist one is too sudden a transition.

If the petals did fall, then reversing the direction would make them go up which would look wierd :)

Let me find something to complain about....the woman in the photo isn't facing us! :naughty:

:hilarious:
But, seriously...I think the Lenti artwork looks phenomenal. There may not be two different images, per say, but clarity and depth can go A LONG WAY. Im sure this will be a stunner in hand, and Im ALL-IN, yet again for another amazing Kimchi Exclusive. Love this film! Hell yeah!

:scat:

but clarity and depth can go A LONG WAY

Just wanted to say that this bit made me laugh, because so many of Kimchi's lenti's are not in the slightest bit clear, but are actually very blurry.

Don't get me wrong, I own a few, but theirs really aren't well produced for the most part.

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Ok. I understand where you're coming from now.

For me the perfume one is preferable as it's a smooth transition across the entire image, whereas the pianist one is too sudden a transition.

If the petals did fall, then reversing the direction would make them go up which would look wierd :)

To each their own, I know people will agree with you and I know people do agree with me (it's been discussed before).

I'll honestly be quite surprised if this one is quite as smooth as the image above and in your mind, I reckon it will end up very dark and very murky, like The Pianist.