Play.com - SteelBook Retailer Thread [Europe]

play.gif
Please feel free to discuss/chat whatever it could be steelbook related to Play.com.

Subjects can be:
- Customer service
- Policy
- Shipping
and others.

Important:
This store only ships to specific countrys in Europe. If you want to buy from this store, you need a contact OR join a specific Group Buy.

Packaging exemple: (tx to Acid)
View attachment 14139

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lgans316
Quick question: I just requested a new replacement and sent back my damaged steelbook. From which place do I get a new steelbook? From the Channel Islands or direct from their Returning Warehouse in the UK, if they have some stock.

Quick question: I just requested a new replacement and sent back my damaged steelbook. From which place do I get a new steelbook? From the Channel Islands or direct from their Returning Warehouse in the UK, if they have some stock.

I believe they send them back out from the Channel Islands. The returns usually take the same amount of time to arrive so I presume they are dispatched from the same place.

Reactions: Pieter V
It's unlikely that they'll replace damaged items now, just give a refund. You may get lucky but I wouldn't get your hopes up. They will need to get credit back from suppliers, but at this early-ish stage it's probably worth a punt.

So I was on the Play website checking out some prices. I noticed something weird. For example, a steelbook is about 10 pounds, but when I use the tab at the top right to convert their prices to Euros, it changes to 16 Euros. When I went to Google and checked out their converter, 10 pounds comes out to under 12 Euros. That's a pretty significant difference. What gives?

So I was on the Play website checking out some prices. I noticed something weird. For example, a steelbook is about 10 pounds, but when I use the tab at the top right to convert their prices to Euros, it changes to 16 Euros. When I went to Google and checked out their converter, 10 pounds comes out to under 12 Euros. That's a pretty significant difference. What gives?

I didn't notice that before...but that is significantly different.
I checked it out, saw The Incredible hulk for 9.99GBP but 14.49EUR when the currency type is changed.
xe.com has 10GBP ~ 11.75EUR

Maybe they want to account for the currency exchange fluctuation.

I have a question.

Recently I ordered 2 steelbooks from Play.com but unfortunately they got stuck in the customs. But as I have no interest in paying any custom fees I am probably not gonna check them out.
And according to my note I got from customs the last day they are going to keep them is 7.2. and after that they will return the items to Play.com.
But do I get refunded if I choose to not go check the steelbooks out and just let them return the packages?

I have a question.

Recently I ordered 2 steelbooks from Play.com but unfortunately they got stuck in the customs. But as I have no interest in paying any custom fees I am probably not gonna check them out.
And according to my note I got from customs the last day they are going to keep them is 7.2. and after that they will return the items to Play.com.
But do I get refunded if I choose to not go check the steelbooks out and just let them return the packages?
Just refuse to accept the package, and it will automatically returned.
And Play.com will refund your steelbooks costs.

Btw what do you mean with: 7.2?

Might be because they purchased the stock when GBP was stronger. Now that it has weakened they still want to keep the EUR price unchanged or don't want to lose out in currency conversion.

Currently waiting on two replacements from play. Sent back on Wednesday and looks like I'm in for a short wait. Advice I've received says ask for a refund and buy a new copy rather than go through the replacement process.

Just refuse to accept the package, and it will automatically returned.
And Play.com will refund your steelbooks costs.

Btw what do you mean with: 7.2?

Another idea would be to accept the package , and ask play.com to refund you the custom charges. They would need proof of payment and amount, but they do do a refund for the first time it happends to you.

Take care
John

Plays packaging is all over the place at the moment. I just got 2 Steelbooks wrapped in a plastic bag, no bubble mailer or protection whatsoever. The other day I got an Amaray in a steelbook box so I'm guessing they are just sending things out in whatever they have now. It's a shame as there packaging was so good.

hello people
ive recently gathered that amazon.uk is also going to release steelbooks the same as hmv and play.com
so does this mean the whole 'exclusive' part with max 4000 prints looses its value?

hello people
ive recently gathered that amazon.uk is also going to release steelbooks the same as hmv and play.com
so does this mean the whole 'exclusive' part with max 4000 prints looses its value?

Who gave you this info? If they did re-release exact same artwork it would mean value drops, but this has always been the case with any title in any country

I couldn't say for definite but would be surprised if Amazon.uk went down this route

Who gave you this info? If they did re-release exact same artwork it would mean value drops, but this has always been the case with any title in any country

I couldn't say for definite but would be surprised if Amazon.uk went down this route

i have read somewere i cant remember where that amazon would be getting hmvs rights of printing steelbooks.... but also about battle royale isnt it a steel that play.com has 4000 copies of it? i think though its uk exclusive and not just play.com isnt it? or is all these false?

i have read somewere i cant remember where that amazon would be getting hmvs rights of printing steelbooks.... but also about battle royale isnt it a steel that play.com has 4000 copies of it? i think though its uk exclusive and not just play.com isnt it? or is all these false?

It would be worth finding out where you read that because it could be big news if it's true. It doesn't mean Amazon will re-release / re-print them though

There may be some confusion if what you read was referring to them picking up the exclusive rights to Skyfall steelbook after HMV went into administration :dunno:

Battle Royale steelbook has only ever been exclusive to Play and I doubt it'll reappear anywhere else tbh. Was confirmed at 4,000 print run too.

It would be worth finding out where you read that because it could be big news if it's true. It doesn't mean Amazon will re-release / re-print them though

There may be some confusion if what you read was referring to them picking up the exclusive rights to Skyfall steelbook after HMV went into administration :dunno:

Battle Royale steelbook has only ever been exclusive to Play and I doubt it'll reappear anywhere else tbh. Was confirmed at 4,000 print run too.

i think it was about the skyfall that i read that amazon got the exclusive rights. yes it was from amazon website now that you mentioned it i remembered.
so you recon there is never gonna be a devaluation in the steels no matter their production company?

i think it was about the skyfall that i read that amazon got the exclusive rights. yes it was from amazon website now that you mentioned it i remembered.
so you recon there is never gonna be a devaluation in the steels no matter their production company?

It'll be a very brave man who confirms that statement! ;)

With regards to BR, it needs to rise in value before it can be devalued in any way. My feeling is it won't get a re-release as it's a niche title.

It'll be a very brave man who confirms that statement! ;)

With regards to BR, it needs to rise in value before it can be devalued in any way. My feeling is it won't get a re-release as it's a niche title.

hahah yes it will take a very brave man to confirm these details. but despite these facts i need to know cause i am new to the steel collections.
although my biggest collection is with limited boxsets.