Play.com - SteelBook Retailer Thread [Europe]

play.gif
Please feel free to discuss/chat whatever it could be steelbook related to Play.com.

Subjects can be:
- Customer service
- Policy
- Shipping
and others.

Important:
This store only ships to specific countrys in Europe. If you want to buy from this store, you need a contact OR join a specific Group Buy.

Packaging exemple: (tx to Acid)
View attachment 14139

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lgans316
Maybe slightly off-topic but I just a got a delivery from DPD and they emailed the driver's name (granted I didnt confirm this lol) and an hour timeslot for the delivery, Play should consider them

play.com send me "card declined" for my Battle Royale Order, never had this problem before and its 100% enough money on my wirecard. what can i do? im really mad right now :angry:

edit: play.com answer
Thank you for your email.

Your account has now been approved. Any orders that are in stock will be processed and dispatched to you shortly. You should receive your items within 3-5 working days of dispatch.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused to you in this matter and thank you for your patience and valued custom.

after that mail..declined again...

Last edited:
That's the problem Sigill. Norway is not a part of the EU. We have to pay custom charges and tax on everything over £20 to Norway.

My experience with play.com is that they use foam only when they send single steelbooks.

I never knew that spass, I can understand why you would prefer single packages. They always pack mine with foam whether its 1 or 2 Steelbooks so I'm not sure why you haven't had the same?

Does anyone else have Play Superpoints pending from some time back?

My account seems to suggest that Iron Man, Iron Man 2 and purchases from around then are all still pending as well as bunch from October...

Another Play order dumped outside in the rain by Hermes.Had 3 steelbooks jammed into a 2 steelbook box as well. What's the point of Play spending all this money on the new packaging, if the guys packing the orders are doing this?

Anyone know what you need to include in a Play.com return - I was about to print the returns slip off when we lost power and when I logged back in it's processed the return and won't let me return to the return slip page.

From a memory I think it's the original packing slip with a note to say replace or refund, but was hoping someone could remind me? (should know after all the returns I've had for you Ninjas these past 6 months!! ;))

Anyone know what you need to include in a Play.com return - I was about to print the returns slip off when we lost power and when I logged back in it's processed the return and won't let me return to the return slip page.

From a memory I think it's the original packing slip with a note to say replace or refund, but was hoping someone could remind me? (should know after all the returns I've had for you Ninjas these past 6 months!! ;))

I would take a copy of the packing slip, and short explanation about why returning. Make sure the Returns Order No on the address label. :scat:

This week, Hermes left my Play parcel with a neighbour. And Play put 2 steelbooks into a 2 steelbook box, and third steelbook into a single box.

That's more like it.

Anybody else wish Play would stop using Hermes for some of their orders?

Only had them a handful of times, but delivery is sluggish and I usually receive steelbooks late. The benefit of a tracking number is somewhat negated when your order doesn't turn up by release day anyway.

Every preorder I had which was sent to me via Royal Mail turned up early. Every one with Hermes has been late. :(

just recieved my copies of oldboy, all stacked together wrapped in a single layer of bubble wrap inside a box:angry:, instead of what i normally get wrapped in foam and individually boxed , not impressed , what the hell is going on at play:wtf::mad:

S7300421.jpg

S7300422.jpg

S7300423.jpg

When are Play.com going to do their next wave? My order page is looking a bit empty. After the next two Mondays (Sony wave then Paramount wave), i'll only have Lawless left on pre-order. Sure there's the WB wave, but are Play.com not going to do anymore Paramount or Universal waves? Surely they made too much money to stop even though they were supposed to be a celebration of each studio's 100th anniversaries.

just recieved my copies of oldboy, all stacked together wrapped in a single layer of bubble wrap inside a box:angry:, instead of what i normally get wrapped in foam and individually boxed , not impressed , what the hell is going on at play:wtf::mad:
S7300421.jpg

S7300422.jpg

S7300423.jpg

Thats shocking :O Play is slowly slipping Wake up Play!EEK!

S7300421.jpg

S7300422.jpg

S7300423.jpg

Were the steels damaged though Flip? I know Play have some of the best packaging and every so often it doesn't get used for some reason, but if the steels are turning up in top condition then I wouldn't complain. Like Man Of Steelbooks says it is probably just a temp who got it wrong

I only say because what you received there is a hell of a lot better than my recent Brave delivery from another retailer which had no protection whatsoever. Needless to say my items were damaged. Plays 'incorrect' packaging is still miles better than what I get from other retailers.

Reactions: Flip
Were the steels damaged though Flip? I know Play have some of the best packaging and every so often it doesn't get used for some reason, but if the steels are turning up in top condition then I wouldn't complain. Like Man Of Steelbooks says it is probably just a temp who got it wrong

I only say because what you received there is a hell of a lot better than my recent Brave delivery from another retailer which had no protection whatsoever. Needless to say my items were damaged. Plays 'incorrect' packaging is still miles better than what I get from other retailers.

all of them look fine, i know i shouldn't complain but i was lucky because the box they came in was badly damaged , glad they are ok but play have set high standards in the packaging department so when i see a drop in standards im going to let them know about it

dont get me started about fnac's packaging:angry: or lack of it:hilarious:

Reactions: zoneism