Play.com - SteelBook Retailer Thread [Europe]

play.gif
Please feel free to discuss/chat whatever it could be steelbook related to Play.com.

Subjects can be:
- Customer service
- Policy
- Shipping
and others.

Important:
This store only ships to specific countrys in Europe. If you want to buy from this store, you need a contact OR join a specific Group Buy.

Packaging exemple: (tx to Acid)
View attachment 14139

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lgans316
I ordered just two Steelbooks from Play.com a couple of days ago and they've been dispatched for delivery by herpes. Was hoping for regular Royal Mail. As impressive as they were for the Paramount wave, I'm still not sure of their level of service.

Had a delivery from Herpes just 5 minutes ago... by the drivers kid almost dropping the box! Play please give me the option of what courier to use please!

On a positive note, no spine slashes :)

Last edited:
Does it normally take this long to ship to Germany? Everyone in my GB's got theres over a week ago to Europe lol and I dispatched them about a week later after release date.

Does it normally take this long to ship to Germany? Everyone in my GB's got theres over a week ago to Europe lol and I dispatched them about a week later after release date.

But you ship from EU Quay ;-)
Play.com does not :( And so EVERYTHING has to clear customs first :angry:

I am also still waiting for Prometheus, Transformers and Watchmen but have received War of the Worlds today (which was ordered AND posted later!)...

So sometimes there seem to be different issues also in Germany to receive the play packages :cool:

I am also still waiting for Prometheus, Transformers and Watchmen but have received War of the Worlds today (which was ordered AND posted later!)...

So sometimes there seem to be different issues also in Germany to receive the play packages :cool:

Depends. When they send single steelbooks, I receive them within 2 weeks. More than 1 usually takes a lot longer.

Even Prometheus from Taiwan made it earlier than the play.com ones.

Depends. When they send single steelbooks, I receive them within 2 weeks. More than 1 usually takes a lot longer.

Even Prometheus from Taiwan made it earlier than the play.com ones.

I suggest a mini GB fee free to Germany only :) MK50 you can be the GB Hub. So you pay just a few £ more but you get steel within 5 days.

LOL
I/we might consider this for the Future...

Play has GREAT Steelbooks, very good packaging but not sure on their Service (if it is really up to them!)! No other Shipment from UK (or Channel Islands!) takes that long :-(

If the steel is 1 disc it would go under 250g small packet and the exact cost is £3.39, 2 be £4.82, but at least it gets there quick and for not bad shipping price. Something for everyone to consider, perhaps get a helper that can help for free :)

That is for non tracking. Tracking is only good if you order multiple items as its flat rate of £5.15 to have this signed for with partial tracking. I say add tracking with steelz about 4 +

Last edited:
I can agree on that.
I purchased 1 Terminator from Play and 1 from Sunnyx GB.
Play's arrived 1 day before the other. This is to Sweden

I knew those internet stories about Herpes werent just stories...

01E477E1-5A3C-4C9A-A322-A81B8B6FDC61-202-0000000CC3FBF0AC.jpg

24B27CB8-900A-4C58-AEF0-12351D197DF0-202-0000000CCDE5A2CD.jpg

BB8F7BD9-B63A-489C-ABA6-530AE03150F4-202-0000000CD846FB07.jpg

It looks like its been left in the rain and just resealed with some tape, not to mention the footprint on it :O **** knows how the steelbooks survived =|

Cheers Herpes! (Hermes)

Play.com steelbook section not showing everything. What gives?

Oldboy for example has to be searched for individually. Sure this happened with Battle Royale as well. Anybody know why this would be?