HMV JP Buy Link - ¥3,225
Yesasia link - OUT OF STOCK
Note: Matte finish

prometheus.jpg

promjapanese.jpg

Actual picture courtesy of VRob98:
prometheusjp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
23.99 GBP for the 3 disc (3D / 2D / Bonus BD) Play.com Steelbook with an unique inside artwork Vs. 20 GBP for the 1 disc Japan Steelbook. Doesn't make sense to me.

Show me a link where I can buy a Play.com version for 23.99 GBP.

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

Even says 2000 on the slip. I like it when they tell you how many were released. Steelbook is the same as all the others.

I dont have a problem with the steel as its the same as all the others which is what I expected, plus the price is cheap I think for a limited JP Edition !!

The only thing I personally am unhappy with is that I hate these tiny slips JP are giving us at the moment.
I think more effort could have been made in that respect. Giving us something special like what we got for Iron Sky..

Just my opinion though ! ;)

Reactions: pokjak290 and Wreck
Show me a link where I can buy a Play.com version for 23.99 GBP.

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

Even says 2000 on the slip. I like it when they tell you how many were released. Steelbook is the same as all the others.

I am comparing the pricing at the time of release not based on it's current availability.

Play.com's inside artwork is unique unless someone can prove me wrong.:ohno:

I am comparing the pricing at the time of release not based on it's current availability.

Play.com's inside artwork is unique unless someone can prove me wrong.:ohno:

That aint fair. Everyone knows this is a high demand steelbook and has sold out practically in every country relatively fast. This one even says 2000 print run on the slip. Its not exactly a catalog title either. I say its in between. Look at the cost of other Japan steels. Value on this will only increase.

One other thing I forgot to mention is this one looks better sealed than the play.com version with the ugly bland slip. Heck half of them are not even seated properly and seem to be half way up the steelbook.

Last edited:
Been observing ebay for few months and I can definitely see a significant drop in value of these Asian Steels unless it is absolutely holy grail like T2 JP.

This may sell out quickly but I don't see this raising dramatically in value as the slip doesn't look special. Maybe the value will remain high for a while until the Steel reaches the hands of the all the desperate and affluent collectors who are after it.

IMO the slip looks poor.

You know what guys I have a bunch of Asian releases and what I notice is I buy them on release at its lowest price and soon after they sky rocket in value then it settles in and drops some in value but like i said it drops some but not to the value of what I purchased it it still maintains a higher value then when I got it on release.

If you notice not many UK, German, Canadian and US releases gain a lot of value. Of course their are a few exceptions for titles each country releases but for the most part Asian titles gain value after you purchase them due to more limited print runs and wether people want to admit it or not a slip with characters many of us can't decipher, it does add a unique look to the overall presentation of a steelbook release.

Take for example, FNAC; they have their sticker and extras either booklet or poster or something else, JB HiFi has their sticker and add a booklet and Asian titles add a slip or slipcase or art cards or booklet or all of these items and these things make them more sought after. We all know we go nuts for stickers, booklets, posters, artcards, and other items and that's why they are highly coveted and we want them in our collection by us and me myself. Me I love Asian releases and their awesome undecipherable characters it just adds a nice touch and diversity to my collection.

This is just my opinion guys so don't be rough on me. I respect the opinion of members not liking or not being as fixated as I with slips. I will hunt hard as usual for all releases that catch my eyes wether they are Asian releases or releases from anywhere else in the world.:scat:

I had this on order and cancelled it. It's not good enough compared to some of the other Asian releases. If I didn't already have the steelbook, I would have probably gone for this though.

You know what guys I have a bunch of Asian releases and what I notice is I buy them on release at its lowest price and soon after they sky rocket in value then it settles in and drops some in value but like i said it drops some but not to the value of what I purchased it it still maintains a higher value then when I got it on release.

If you notice not many UK, German, Canadian and US releases gain a lot of value. Of course their are a few exceptions for titles each country releases but for the most part Asian titles gain value after you purchase them due to more limited print runs and wether people want to admit it or not a slip with characters many of us can't decipher, it does add a unique look to the overall presentation of a steelbook release.

Take for example, FNAC; they have their sticker and extras either booklet or poster or something else, JB HiFi has their sticker and add a booklet and Asian titles add a slip or slipcase or art cards or booklet or all of these items and these things make them more sought after. We all know we go nuts for stickers, booklets, posters, artcards, and other items and that's why they are highly coveted and we want them in our collection by us and me myself. Me I love Asian releases and their awesome undecipherable characters it just adds a nice touch and diversity to my collection.

This is just my opinion guys so don't be rough on me. I respect the opinion of members not liking or not being as fixated as I with slips. I will hunt hard as usual for all releases that catch my eyes wether they are Asian releases or releases from anywhere else in the world.:scat:

Personally, I find that a nice slip makes a lot of difference to the overall presentation such that certain collectors ALMOST do not regard the same titles as the same steel. Ted Korea vs Ted UK vs Ted TW is a good example. if collectors regard all 3 as the same steel, their prices on the secondary market will be almost the same. But the prices are not.

I feel that a big factor these days is the risk of a re release. Although I do not like it, when I buy steels for my permanent collection these days, I do try to assess the risk of there being a re release. My conclusion is that, so far, Jpn, TW Kor, Blufans and FNAC steels have the least risk of re release. This may, of course, change with time.

Hence, I do seriously consider getting a steel when these retailers issue steels.

Having said all that, I am not impressed with the Prom Jpn slip and am happy to only collect the Korea and TW ones.

Reactions: DJHilalo