Yesasia link - OUT OF STOCK
Note: Matte finish

prometheus.jpg

promjapanese.jpg

Actual picture courtesy of VRob98:
prometheusjp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks dv8mad for the pictures, much appreciated :thumbs:

Have a mixed feelings about the slips on both, well I kinda knew that The Goonies will have none but Prom is kinda the usual semi slip from Japan these days, it's either you like it or don't and I'm not 100% sure it's worth it tbh, especially that this lacks big time in every department compared to TW & KR which I currently own both and very pleased with, so looks like I will be cancelling both 'The Goonies will most likely come to the UK/KR too', thanks again for posting these shots and congrats man ;)

Yeah that's a pretty dull slip for Prometheus. Taiwan and Korea versions both kill it. I tend not to get too excited about Japanese releases these days as the slips almost invariably disappoint.

Looks like no slips at all for the Warner wave. :(

Sorry to disappoint!
Not at all man, if it's not for your kind help by posting these pictures most of us WILL then be disappointed to get them and see them in-hand after it's been paid for, I for one am much appreciated and really thankful for helping me out saving a lot of doh on these :thumbs:

Both cancelled :p

Not at all man, if it's not for your kind help by posting these pictures most of us WILL then be disappointed to get them and see them in-hand after it's been paid for, I for one am much appreciated and really thankful for helping me out saving a lot of doh on these :thumbs:

Well said DJ, couldn't agree more. Posting pictures is ALWAYS appreciated, even if it's not what we ideally hope to see.

Unfortunately mine has shipped but thats the chance you take.

Yep mine too. Being something of a Prometheus nut I'm not TOO gutted, but I'm going to be wary of ordering any new Japanese releases in future. After all the disappointments recently (Spider-Man, Prometheus, Star Wars, this new Warner wave), the old excitement and anticipation of Japanese releases has well and truly gone. Tbh many of the new steels coming out of the UK with embossing and picture slips are way nicer.

When it comes to Asian releases these days, it seems Taiwan and Korea are the ones to go for, with Japan lagging distantly behind.

Glad I cancelled now !! More than happy with my TW, Play.com steels of this....:D

I really wish JP would stop doing these tiny slips, lazy effort I think..:(

Just means more money for Blufans...:LOL:

Epic Fail! Unfortunately I can't cancel my order since it's "in transit". Considering canceling my Dredd pre order cause the slip could end up being the sameway.

Epic Fail! Unfortunately I can't cancel my order since it's "in transit". Considering canceling my Dredd pre order cause the slip could end up being the sameway.

I was able to cancel this Alex but they have already shipped Amadeus and 300 out so will just have to bite the bullet on those.:ohno:

Although Amadeus is a WEA, but with matt finish and no slip still a let down !!

Hopefully in hand it looks ok..;)

I am in the same situation as you. So I get Prometheus and 300. :(

Yep I had this grouped with Sucker Punch which makes it even more worse since the artwork is the same worlwide. At least it didn't cost me too much to get both. :dunno:

I was able to cancel this Alex but they have already shipped Amadeus and 300 out so will just have to bite the bullet on those.:ohno:

Although Amadeus is a WEA, but with matt finish and no slip still a let down !!

Hopefully in hand it looks ok..;)

Those might be the best 2 next to V for Vendetta since the coverart is unique.

Reactions: earthscope
I cancelled my Prometheus steel this morning but I'm keeping the rest of the June 5th wave. :)

Considering Amadeus and a few others have WEA I don't really mind that they are missing slips, and I will hold out hope for a more premium finish.

I like it. looks cool. I've learned you should never EXPECT from Japanese steels ... just be happily surprised when u get something cool. They are a bit too expensive in general to just go about expecting it to have a slip.