Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
Faults --
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
halfn-png.127233

This is a little indipendent movie starring the lovely Mary Elizabeth Winstead. It was released last year and directed by Winstead's boyfriend, Riley Stearns. In my opinion it does a very good job: entertaining, interesting and the ending leaves you with a somewhat bad taste in your mouth. I would suggest this movie to whoever likes unconventional characters and storytelling. The acting by Leland Orser, who plays the other main figure of the story, is something remarkable.

Dear White People -:ninja::ninja::ninja:

San Andreas-:ninja::ninja:
I was expecting this movie to be good and have some kind of depth but i was wrong.The acting is a joke, and some of The Rocks worse work to date.The rest of the cast wasn't so hot either.The only good thing about this movie is the world got find out how surprisingly busty ‎Alexandra Daddario is.
Comet-:ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja:
I
loved this movie...man, did i love this movie.Still has me thinking And wondering.Great love Story and great cast.Well written and enjoyable.Such a surprise.I haven't fell in love with a movie like this since Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World.Classic for me.
cometMovie.jpg

Ida
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
halfn-png.127233

I’ve been trying to take the time to watch whatever foreign movie wins for Best Picture, so I got around to watching this year’s winner. Ida has superb cinematography and direction and the black and white works very well for this movie. The movie also has a dark historic subplot and has some very realistic characters including Ida herself. But to me, Ida’s aunt was the most compelling character in this movie.

Ida is definitely a slower movie that relies more on visual storytelling than actual dialogue. It’s not particularly entertaining and there’s not much replay value as well, but it’s still a very well made movie.

Two Days One Night
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

I really enjoyed this foreign movie starring the beautiful and talented Marion Cotillard. The story has a similar structure to that of 12 Angry Men (one of my favorite movies) and the performances by Marion is exceptionally. I loved the director’s framing choice whenever Marion meet one of her many coworkers and there are a lot of subtle and human touches throughout the movie.

The movie does have a couple of extreme moments that doesn’t make perfect sense, but that didn’t detract my enjoyment of the movie. If you don’t mind reading subtitles and like intimate stories, this is highly recommended.

FYI – both of these movies are now streaming on Netflix

Reactions: AlienKing
Comet-:ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja:
I
loved this movie...man, did i love this movie.Still has me thinking And wondering.Great love Story and great cast.Well written and enjoyable.Such a surprise.I haven't fell in love with a movie like this since Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World.Classic for me.
cometMovie.jpg
Noticed this one's on Netflix... might give it a watch later.

Straight Outta Compton - :ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja:
Southpaw - :ninja::ninja::ninja:
Trainwreck - :ninja::ninja:
A Nightmare on Elm Street - :ninja::ninja::ninja:
Z for Zachariah - :ninja::ninja::ninja:

SOC will no doubt be bumped up to 5 stars/ninjas once I've rewatched it. :D

Focus - :ninja::ninja::ninja:

Z For Zacharia - :ninja::ninja:

Watched both for MS.Robbie and both were kinda disappointing.I was expecting a lot From Z For Zacharia too.The cast was awesome on paper.

The Man from UNCLE (2015) -
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
halfn-png.127233

@Apollon I freaking loved every scene in this movie. Half of the time I was dying of laughter. I love Guy Ritchie's style.

Only God Forgives (2013) -
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
halfn-png.127233

@djjez83 Judging by your profile pic, you must've loved this movie. A good film, but unfortunately I didn't love it as much as you did. But the way it was framed though :drool: very creative. Haven't seen framing like that in a while.

Merantau (2009) -
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
halfn-png.127233

A good action movie with great story.

A Hard Day (2014) -
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

Really nice Korean thriller with many twists. Definitely worth the watch.

The Host (2006) -
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
halfn-png.127233

Can't believe I didn't watch this movie for almost 10 yrs. Sure, the VFX are outdated now but what a touching story.

The Grandmaster (2013) -
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

The fight scenes were well choreographed but the movie was a bit too slow, I think.

Reactions: IRON MAN
I just watched "The Harvest" on Netflix starring General Zod. It was an great thriller. check it out @digitalbabe you will love it.
sorry I don't know how to get the ninjas. But I give it 5 Ninja stars

@AlienKing i love only god forgives. its a rather weird film that doesnt make much sense in places but i LOVE the cinematography and the mood of the movie. very dark and gritty. im a huge nichoals winding refn fan

@AlienKing i love only god forgives. its a rather weird film that doesnt make much sense in places but i LOVE the cinematography and the mood of the movie. very dark and gritty. im a huge nichoals winding refn fan
Yea, he's definitely good. I like how not everything is laid out for you. He just gives you enough hints to put the pieces together. Also, trying to figure out why its called "only god forgives" :watch:.....Weird film? Definitely! But it was good; acting, mood, and cinematography. I just didn't prefer the pacing.

I recently saw San Andreas. Although the movie was completely fiction compared to what could ever really happen, it still made for a visual feast of effects and CGI. Unexpected surprise appearance by Kylie Minogue?! Which was a little strange. Almost felt like she did not belong in the movie. I do like Dwayne Johnson but I can't stand it when he acts all tough guy. And he did it a bit too much in this movie. The one thing that bothered me was the unethical representation of the character. Playing the role of a fire department officer but not caring too much for saving anyone other than his "ex" made it a little hard to fathom. More so are the next to impossible chance of finding their daughter in the midst of the chaos made it even more difficult to swallow.

San Andreas is fun for a mildly thought out disaster flick with great effects but if its depth you want, you'll have more luck at the bottom of the pit.
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

Hitman Agent 47

When I saw the original Hitman movie back in 2007, I felt that a human element to the story was missing. Watching the rebooted one eliminated some of that, however, could this movie have been better? Definitely. In fact, I would have started it from the 2nd game as it felt that 47's humanity was best seen there.

Genetically engineered from birth, 47, like many others Agent 47 is the perfect killing machine. His latest mission is to put to an end an evil group that plans to recreate the technology that made him to generate their own army of killers even more powerful than him. With help from a mysterious woman, 47 confronts revelations about his own origins in an epic revelation.

Rupert Friend makes for a rather convincing Agent and really owns the role. The rest of the cast however feel to be stuck in a Transporter-eque movie that needs a little more fuel.

Is it all bad? No not at all. It’s not 5 star winner but makes for a fun 95 minute watch.
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234