Reel Heroes Slipcover 2nd Run (2013)

GVZER

苦い
Premium Supporter
Jun 3, 2010
Deep Deep Hole
Last edited by a moderator:
These ones seem a little out of place, the first set all seemed to be comic book or fantasy related, then you've got Green Zone and The Big Lebowski (which I'm gonna try and pick up anyways haha) they just dot really seem to collaborate with the first wave

Really liking that Gladiator one! :scat:

I like the slips ahead of the steelies. Not sure this kind of artwork looks great on a steel but that might just be because I can't afford them :emb:

Reactions: Emac21
Really liking that Gladiator one! :scat:

I like the slips ahead of the steelies. Not sure this kind of artwork looks great on a steel but that might just be because I can't afford them :emb:

I'm usually all about steelbooks, but in this case I absolutely agree with you... this style of artwork/design seems to work a lot better on the slipcovers IMO. I guess it's because cardboard slips better represent comics than the shiny metal of a steelbook does.

I wonder why they are just showing the amaray cases with the artwork. On the last batch they showed them as slipcovers?

Gladiator does look very nice. Nice price too (nearly choked in breakfast cereal)

Bit worried pic just have amaray and no slip because the wording exclusive sleeve could just be the paper sleeve in the amaray case.

Also why no kong in this wave ????

Hmmm, it doesn't make sense, non comic book movies getting comic book covers, I just can't process this. Only one I got was Shaun of the Dead, I'm gonna pass.

Last edited:
Hmmm, it doesn't make sense, non comic book movies getting comic book covers, I just can't process this. Only one I got was Shau of the Dead, I'm gonna pass.

Yeah, they seem to be milking the idea now. I originally wanted to get all of the Reel Heroes editions, but I already own most of these films on Blu, and I'm not sure I want to double-dip just for the slips.

Yeah, they seem to be milking the idea now. I originally wanted to get all of the Reel Heroes editions, but I already own most of these films on Blu, and I'm not sure I want to double-dip just for the slips.

I agree, and don't get me wrong, Gladiator looks awesome, but enough is enough lol :p